“Not bad for the price”
Review of Mayfair Hotel

Mayfair Hotel
Ranked #470 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was going into Dubai on a very short notice and the normal Hotels I would stay at were either fully booked or the prices were ridiculously to high for me to want to buy them. So I found the three star Mayfair Hotel and it was not bad at all. The Staff was HUGELY helpful. Very nice guys at the desk and the bell hop as well. All very professional, even more so then at some hotels that I've been to that were five stars. I didn't use the room service. I did use the pool. For on older hotel it was very well maintained and the pool attendent took very much pride in his job. He was quick to offer any assistance he could. I wold recomend this hotel for business travellers. The rooms were spacious, well maintained and had a nostalgic (good kind) of feeling to them. Not bad. Nothing bad stood out in my mind for this hotel. It was very close to DXB which was nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TopSecretAdam

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I highly discourage anyone genuinely looking to get a good nights rest in a comfortable room from staying here. There are two nightclubs in the hotel that rage every night until 3am. This brings in quite the riff raff which I encountered while checking in and out. Both very early in the morning. There was no hot water and the Internet is unbelievably slow. The check in process was more complex than it needed to be and a little sketchy. They took my passport and indicated that I could pick it up when I checked out. I explained I wouldn't be leaving my passport with anyone and I got it back. The cleanliness of the hotel room made it impossible to get a good nights sleep even after the music blaring from the nightclub stopped at 3am. Don't stay here!!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank bbm0n
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The hotel selected on the basis of its location in the business district of Diera Dubai and mention of the Indian Restaurant. We booked the hotel from 23rd January for 4 days.
The bad taste started from the airport where we waited for more than an hour for the pickup with all our luggage. This was the first time when we have to wait for over an hour at airport, then we reached hotel where again we have to wait for about an hour for check in. I could see that they all were quite free that time but they asked us to wait.
Finally we decided to checkout after a day with all this and again it took more than 1 1/2 hour for check out. The rooms have carpet which stinks there are no hard floors available.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank anandsaklecha
Reviewed 20 December 2012

we stayed 5 days, well the hotel is in a good location in Diera, clean, good staff, buffet breakfast and lunch is a average one
but the negative points are, its a bit noisy. Doesn't have internet free at room, and they are charging you for it...!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anisullah Q
Reviewed 17 December 2012

we stayed in this hotel for 5 days........staff was good & helpful...............buffet breakfast food was just an average......but good & peaceful location....we stayed with family & children...room are nice & clean........we enjoyed the stay. it was best value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2012

i was 15days in this terrible hotel, it's not clean . At night i couldn't sleep because of car/disco and quarle noises. The food was terrible also. The staffs were so unpolit. I don't recomend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: higher floors may have less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

The key lock was not working and each time we have to wait for more than half an hour for a guy to open or closes the door.
It was too noisy and we couldn't sleep well. They didn't help us to see the manager and the food was not good at all.

• Stayed: August 2012