eDreams
Imran M

Don't think I'll go back

Review of Mayfair Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 May 2017via mobile
Managers very cheeky not a clean place

Only stayed there because Of the price £50
Much better hotels are there
Not nearly the train station have to walk a lot to get there end up taking a taxi
Not recommended from me
Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PALACE DOWNTOWN
  • JW Marriott
6.6 miles from Mayfair Hotel
Room service
View more hotels in Dubai
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2017

The Hotel is situated with nearby restaurants and metro access. The staff is ill-trained.
After staying there for a week, we decided for an extension, our passport was taken at the reception when we checked-in. So when our stay ended, and we had gone for a business meeting which lasted till late evening, upon arrival at the hotel, the rude staff refused to provide me access to my room. I was not carrying cash and my debit card was in the room. I told the lady at the reception, that we'll pay the amount for extension of two days once my colleague arrives in an hour. But the staff resisted my approach.Not only that, they rudely told me that unless and until you pay the money we won't let you in. So I decided to speak with the senior manager, who turned out to be an even more jerk of all times. I told the lady that you already have my passport, and we've been staying here for more than a week now, so just give me an hour, as my friend arrives he will settle the bill. But in vain, ultimately i had to use my credit card and make the payment.
The hotel's internet is third class and so are the staff
Oh and the fitness centre, its a joke! A tiny room, small bathroom sized, cramped with rotten age equipments. Very sad. Will never in my life step in this degraded hotel with disrespectful staff

WORST hotel in UAE
worst still is an understatement.

Room tip: worst hotel, bad staff, very bad fitness centre, poor internet
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank YatishS33
Reviewed 22 April 2017

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights in early April.We reached the hotel before Check in time,but the staff at the reception and the hotel were accomodative and friendly.The Wifi at the hotel works well.The rooms are quite spacious and clean.The main advantage of this hotel is its proximity to Al Rigga Metro Station,Dubai International Airport,super markets and restaurants.
Only thing we felt was the strong smoke smell initially,though we stayed in the non smoking floor.
Overall a good stay.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank personindia
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I had to make a hasty trip to Dubai and scouted around for a good hotel with reasonable prices. Mayfair was one of the options. Only 350 dirhams for two nights. That should have told me something, I guess.
Regurary they charge 2.000 dirhams a night for a double room. It is not worth it, believe me. The staff was not very helpful in any way and choose to have heated arguments with not satisfied customers right at the check in counter, for everybody to hear and the rude manners are affecting everybody.
The standard of the room was OK, if I am to be friendly. Dirty chairs and even ripped upholstery. The sofas in the lounge in the reception was stained and very worn. People are sitting in them sleeping and I don´t even think they stayed at the hotel. Strange, very strange.
There is a couple of clubs at the hotel, one Arabic and one Indian. I stopped by them just to check them out. The Arabic seemed to be popular but it was not possible to find out if there was an enterance fee or not. The Indian club had no admission. Four Indian ladies were dancing on stage to a deafening volume of traditional Bollywood music. Exept me there was one elderly Indian gentleman in the club. He was asleep (how that coan be possible due to the massive volume of the music) I decided to have a Coca-Cola before returning to my room. A 33 cl can of coke is a whopping 50 dirhams!!! approx 16 dollars. A complete joke!!!
Also, and this is something you have to consider. No, absolutely NO guests are allowed. I arrived very early in the morning and I wanted to go over some documents that we were going to present in the morning. NO, NO, NO, the reception didn´t even bother to call my room and ask if it was OK or if I was expecting somebody. Since we had to go over the documents we had to do it sitting on the curbside outside of the hotel.
I can go on and on but I strongly suggest that you find another hotel in Deira. I for one will surely NOT stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank OlaSjosten
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Usual check-in hours in a hotel is 2pm. My family went in this hotel to check-in around 5pm but the receptionist said that we do not have booking in their hotel 🙄 and that the room is not prepared yet. After a couple of minutes coming back and forth to the reception, finally we were able to check-in around 7pm. What pissed me more in their action is that they did not even apologize for what happened (esp the guy might have been their manager) they did not give any offer like late check-out since it has been 5hours that had passed and still we are in the lobby waiting or even additional bottled water just to show their apologies. And lastly, this is my first time that the hotel returns our passports and emirates ID after checking out of the hotel. Normally hotels get passports to scan and return upon check in but this hotel, they keep it.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Scarlet1128
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Good, affordable hotel with nice and clean rooms. Good breakfast, clean pool area. However the front desk staff did not meet my expectations. I think they need more training to handle there role properly.

Date of stay: March 2017