Mayfair Hotel
JA Palm Tree Court(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$275
US$253
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$198
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$327
US$220
US$224
US$201
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$128
US$279
US$247
Priceline
All reviewsal rigga metro stationthe rooftop swimming poolvarious restaurantsdubai international airportproximity
Reviewed 21 September 2009

i went last month along with my two friends, we found this hotel to be very safe, the staff were extreamly friendly, the booking of excusions was very good, we were received at the airport. the location wasnt too bad we had a supermarket down the road and 5mins away from nandos, pizzahut etc the pool was on the small size however still great fun, the breakfast served was good, and the sheisha cafe on the top floor was enjoyable. there was a safe provided in the rooms, was a bit small for 3 beds however still enough room to get around. very good value for money as we got this hotel quite cheap and were very happy with it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Patel89
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I visit Dubai this summer for 7 days with my wife and brother-in-law for leisure and shopping. We found plasant time beside good hospitality of MAYFAIR Hotel. Our room was in topest floor of Hotel (floor#6). It was quite. Lunch was very good with varity that changed everyday. Swimming Pool was very clean and nice. Room equipped with dresser place with enough space for shopping items. Staff were friendly and room services was very Okey. There was a 32" LCD with sattelite channels specially some Iranian channels. I rented a car in Dubai and no problem with Parking of Hotel. The location of Hotel is very Okey for who wants shopping in City Center, Al-Ghorair, Morshed Bazar, Al Bassam, Gift Village, Day to Day and even Lamcy Placa and Festival Center & IKEA. Also it is close to Al-Moraghabat street which very good for all kind of meals for dinner.
My only problem was about size of the room that I think it was a little small for 3 beds (1 king size for two people and 1 single).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mehr520
Reviewed 28 February 2009

We have recently returned from our first visit to Dubai having stayed in the Hotel Mayfair. There were so many hotels to choose from and after deliberating for so long, chose the Mayfair in Deira and we were not let down. We arrived around midnight, were offered a welcome drink whilst we checked in and our frist impressions were good. Room was good, although only 3/5 due to not having a balcony, very clean otherwise with a mini bar, which we used as a fridge to store water, juices and milk etc bought (very cheaply) from the supermarket opposite. There is also tea/coffee facilities.
There is a bar serving alcohol upstairs, if you want it, a restaurant serving a very good breakfast, a night club on the mezzanine floor (although we did not go). The hotel has a small but surprisingly under used swimming pool on the roof which was ideal for us.
A few cheap local eateries opposite. Taxis are very cheap, but a word of warning, avoid the private cabs outside the hotel, they charge double the official cabs rate. we particularly liked and used for three of the four days we were there, the hotel's own shuttle bus to the beach at al Mamseer Beach Park, leaves at 8.45 and returns about 1pm.
I would both recommend and return to this hotel.
A couple of tips for 1st timers, we had a couple of excellent evenings out, based on recommendations to us, take a taxi to the Irish Village at the Tennis stadium, there are 4 or 5 excellent places to eat where alcohol is available, and best of all, it was my wife's birthday, so we went to the Market Place at the JW Marriot Hotel for the most excellent all you can eat and drink international buffet, cost about £65 per head, worth every penny!
Both places were less than £3 in taxi fare.
The telephone numbers are in the yellow pages and calls are free.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiverpudlianSurrey
Reviewed 21 November 2008

I booked a quick four day trip to Dubai from Iran and the Mayfair was the hotel that was included in the tour. I was nervous after reading all the bad reviews on TA but the tour operator couldn't get us into any other hotels for the dates we wanted to go.
Overall, my sister and I had a fairly good time at the hotel. It is definitely really only a 3 star hotel on its best day. I found the hotel to be reasonably priced and although it wasn't in the best shape my sister and I didn't care too much. We went to Dubai explore and take in the culture. Our hotel didn't matter that much, as long as it was safe, and it was. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a good breakfast bar with a reasonable selection of food. The Jeep Safari we booked through the hotel was an amazing experience. The company they used was a good one; the drivers were all safe, friendly and did their best to make sure we had a good time. The hotel pool was small but clean. We were the only girls using the pool, though, so there was a LOT of staring going on, especially by the men in the pool area. Granted, we were the only ones wearing bikinis but I felt uncomfortable enough that I left after 30 minutes.
The bad:
We showed up at the airport and no one was there to pick us up. We were surrounded by hundreds of people, mostly men, trying to take us into their taxis and we couldn't figure out where our driver was. It was a little scary. I had to call them a few times before someone finally picked us up. They apologized for the miscommunication though.
Our hotel bathroom smelled funny, almost a faint sewage like smell but nothing happened the whole time we were there and we saw no bugs so we were relieved.
The hotel has shuttle buses to beaches in the vicinity. The bus we took was supposed to leave at 9am and everyone was sitting waiting for the bus driver. He spent 45 minutes talking to various people, chatting and smoking. I know things happen on middle eastern time here but I finally had enough and went to the front desk and complained, and we left shortly after.
The hotel is situated in Deira so although it's close to some things, it's also really far some other locations and we spent a lot of money taking taxis back and forth. I think I'd probably find a hotel in Jumeirah next time...hotels there are more expensive, but you'd save time and money on getting around so that would even things out.
Overall, though, a few minor glitches, but nothing that affected us greatly or ruined the trip for us. Would I go back? Maybe, if price was a factor but I'd probably try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank VancouverTravelGirl
Reviewed 11 May 2008

I stayed in this hotel for four nights in May 08. I didn't sleep well during this period due to all different problems. The first two nights it was the loud music from hotel night club. After complaining my room was changed from third floor to fourth. I didn't sleep the other nights either due to the bed hard pillows and also food poisoning! It' s such a bad experience. The hotel definitely is not a four star hotel. The first night I found the bed sheets very old with some blood-stains on them! Staff are ok but this hotel definitely should be downgarded to a three star hotel. I will never stay at this hotel in future and don't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)