“Quiet and Lovely”

Ranked #82 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Windsor, Ont
“Quiet and Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

This hotel is off the beaten path with not such a great view but the rooms are luxurious and comfortable. The lobby is interesting with pebbles beneath a glass floor. The pool is on the roof and very warm. Hard to cool off here. The breakfast was great. Really enjoyed this hotel. Not too much else to say about it.

• Liked — Great hotel, rooms and all
  • Disliked — Location, Wasn't really in walking distance of anything. No view
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank WorldTravelBug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2008

We stayed in Dubai for a three night stopover on our way back from Australia on route to Glasgow. I searched for days on the internet for a hotel that would sleep all of us (our two children were aged 2 and 1) for a reasonable price. I thought I must be reading the rate of the Villa Rotana Suites incorrectly as it was so reasonable, and the one bedroom suite suited our needs perfectly. I organised with the hotel for a car to collect us from the airport - it was easy and luxurious and not too expensive. We arrived at the hotel at 7 in the morning and I was fully expecting to have to wait until lunch time to check in, but after some breakfast at about 8.30am, we were in our suite which was modern and very large.
We used roomservice twice every night - once for the kids and then after they were asleep, for ourselves. It was ridiculously cheap. The kids meals were £2.50 with portions so generous the kids shared one meal. Our dinner was about £8.00 each for a main course. It seemed to be the same menu and the same price as dining in the restaurant downstairs. The quality was excellent as was the service.
On the first night I woke up at about 3am and thought "What's that noise"? only to discover that our wall to ceiling windows looked out over a huge foundation hole and the bulldozers were going full at it. They worked 8pm till 5am and did nothing in the day which is why I hadn't noticed. To be honest, the noise was minimal with our triple glazing and it had not woken me up - that was jetlag. Our 2 year old boy thought he was in heaven.
We made good use of the rooftop pool as the weather was perfect at about 30c and the lifeguard was very attentive when we were in with our children. We were able to have roomservice by the pool.
The location of the hotel is not so central as it is in the business district, but once the new metro is running it will be easy to get everywhere. There were lots of business guests and I felt a little self conscious with my noisy babies, but the staff were nothing but friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank blackjake
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

Having returned from a recent visit in Dubai after staying in the Villa Rotana Suites. I have mixed reviews on this hotel.....
Majority of the staff were really friendly and very helpful but I have to say that there were one or two that appeared bothered when asking questions. We also had one member of staff approach us each day to try and sell different excursions which became quite annoying.
The hotel itself is very nice and the rooms were immaculate and cleaned each day, pool area is very quiet as this is more of a business hotel. The breakfast buffet is very nice and the choice is great. The food from the room service is also very nice.
The hotel is a short taxi ride away from most things. The public beach is about 10 mins in a taxi. The hotel does not seem to be very well known and I experienced a few occasions of taxi drivers not knowing where to go and as a tourist could not give them directions!
Overall it was a good stay.

• Liked — The rooms were very nice and comfortable.
  • Disliked — No alcohol is served in this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nicolae2212
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2008

My fiance and I stayed here in Nov of 2007 for a quick trip to Dubai. We were in the executive suite. And in my opinion you cannot beat the price for the location and amenities. There are resorts on the "beach" but lets get real... who thinks the Persian Gulf is pretty? haha... I dont. So it wasnt about the beach. If you want to see a Beach go to Tulum Mexico, or Bora Bora.
The staff was VERY VERY pleasent and helpful. They let us check in early with no hassle and the bell hop was such a great guide. He gave us a great tips and let us onto a great safari tour. It was an awesome trip for what we spent. The food was VERY good and it came so very promt. I recomend the hummus and kabobs! Traditional Meia as it is called (or something like that) You WONT be dissapointed. I travel to some VERY spendy resorts world wide and I could not have been happier with the service and attitude and atmosphere of this Hotel.
They have a very catchy design to the very modern building. It is amazing and they can be very proud of what they have. It is in an awesome location in terms of its near most everything. The Ski Dubai Mall was cool, and you will be AMAZED at the growth of Sheik Zayhed Road! It is like out of a movie.
I hope you enjoy your stay there. We did! I Recomend the Executive suite it has a kitchen and laundry room to do your own laundry! See ya!

• Liked — The Price, and Service
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
6 Thank ajallison999
stirlinghsire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2007

My boyfriend and I have just returned from our 5th trip to Dubai and know our way around extremely well. Having paid £610 for 10 nights for both of us including breakfast we were highly excited when we arrived outside the hotel. Its very modern and high tech and the staff were fantastic . They were the first to run out to get us taxis as they said it was too hot for us to flag them outside the hotel. The room was immaculate with good kitchen facilities which we didn't use apart from the kettle and the fridge to store cold drinks and make tea. If you like to make use of a gym and pool then it couldn't be better and it was very quiet. You could go from the sun lounger, step into the pool and then into the shower, then into the changing areas to visit the jacuzzi, steam room or sauna all within a few steps. Amazing value and we were made to feel really welcome. Bed sheets were changed daily and towels twice daily!!! What four star in the UK could offer service like this. I actually couldn't believe breakfast was included in our deal! Definitely would stay again, More suited to those perhaps who dont mind not being near a beach! I read a previous request and would ensure to ask when you book for a side or internal facing room not looking out onto Sheik Zayed Road if poss! We had a side facing room on the second floor and heard absolutely no noise at all from outside. Those who have moaned previously must have either paid significantly more or must be really picky!!! All staff could not do more to help you. They even gave me directions for a brand new outlet mall just opened and spoke to our Taxi driver to ensure we got there. Would definitely return to this hotel! Exceptional value for money. Great lunch up on the pool deck too with the quality of great restaurant and only about £4-£5. Only 15 mins from the airport too but near enough the gold souk, karama, mall of the emirates and the madinat Souk........only abot 30-40 dirhams for a taxi round about and very central.

• Liked — Very clean and plenty spece - kitchen area for cold drink storage cooking if you really wanted too
  • Disliked — nothing i didn't like
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple