“Excellent hotel with very pleasant staff”

Villa Rotana - Dubai
Ranked #77 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Chard, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with very pleasant staff”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel whilst attending a business convention at the World Trade Centre. Very comfortable suite which was fully equipped with everything you would expect from a hotel of this standard. Staff were incredibly polite and could not be more helpful. I ate twice in the restaurant and the food and service was good although my food could have been hotter on one occasion.
All in all a great place to stay when visiting Dubai.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

It is a pleasure to receive such a wonderful comment. Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. This will definitely motivate us to continue the best service we could offer to our valued guest and exceed their expectations. I have noted also your feedback with regards to food temperature and the same has been communicated to the concern department.

Once again Thank you and looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you once again to our Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Kinan Al Ghraoui

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Gwalior
Reviewed 4 February 2014

First things first, I booked this Hotel through web, & immediately I had received their booking confirmation with all the details like location map and instructions like directions for Taxi Driver, if someone chooses to come by their own conveyance.

On Arrival Check-In was swift. Staff is very courteous. One of the best staff I have seen during my travels. Rooms are very good & spacious, good sized beds, with small kitchen built inside the room. So if you are traveling with small kids and want to prepare your own meal, can be done.

Location wise its 1.5 km from Dubai Mall, and Dubai Metro is also at walking distance of 500m, so commuting is not a problem.

Food was very good. My family always enjoyed the breakfast. They also had Indian Chef, who used to cook specially on our kids demand, whatever they wanted Indian or continental food.

Did I mention the very courteous staff ! specially Abdul, who made sure we had no problem while staying or while commuting in Dubai since I had two small children accompanying me.

Also this Hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi (PAID), SPA, Fitness Center & a Pool to relax.

Must recommended Hotel for Location, Staff, Rooms, Food & best Value for Money

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing Bhurj Khalifa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear TriAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing Villa Rotana for your recent stay in Dubai and for taking time to write your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to note that you have found our hotel’s facilities and amenities to your satisfaction. Rest assured we will deliver the same level of satisfaction next stay with us. Your kind comments will be shared with my colleagues.

Thank you once again for providing us with your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming back at our Hotel in the near future.

Piacenza, Italy
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel close to the metro station, The service is very good...the price also is very good (ironic!!)but for the Dubai standard it was really definitely good! I was positively impressed by the breakfast and above all by the service.. After the first morning they remembered our preferences, this is how to look after a guest!! They also gave us a late check out time and kept our luggages!
The only I have to denote, against them,is the wifi service, which is at payment! NO WAY!! WE ARE IN DUBAI AND WE ARE PAYING GOOD MONEY VALUE and I should pay for the wifi?!?!?! Better upgrade your situation! But GOOD HOTEL CHOICE!

• Stayed January 2014
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
We are especially grateful to receive your kind comments about hotel services and facilities especially our impressive breakfast and service rendered by my colleagues. It is one of our objectives also to know our guest’s preferences in order for us to meet their expectations and satisfactions and we are glad that we met yours. I also note down your concern about the wifi service charges as our Hotel is providing a leased line connection (good connectivity) which is a stable and faster kind of connection and different internet packages are also available for your convenience.

Midlands
Reviewed 29 January 2014

great location 10 mins from airport and worlds tallest building - service was 1st class every department. fab roof top pool and spa but the guy did laugh when we asked for 4 x beers with our lunch! Never mind. Hotel was spotless clean and our rooms were cleaned and beds made and fresh towels every day. Breakfast was good - plenty of choice but they struggle to re-create bacon and sausage with pork substitutes. Overall I would def go there again.

Room Tip: room 206 was great nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank djedw
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay at Villa Rotana.
We are glad that you had a great stay with us. Your comments about our first class service, spotless and clean rooms, fresh towels and good breakfast with a plenty of choice are well noted and will be shared to my colleagues. We also appreciate your valuable feedback about the bacon and sausage we serve and the same is communicated to our Kitchen Colleagues.

Again Thank You and we are truly looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Dubai.

General Manager.
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel after deliberating over which location to stay in for 4 nights in January. Having only ever been to dubai as a stopover, we wanted to explore so decided on downtown as being a good central location.

Have to say that this hotel worked really well for us, a short stroll to business bay metro which was handy for both the old town on one side and also the marina / mall of the emirates end of town at the other. Stay in jumeira or on the palm if you want beach but being January, we felt we didn't want to be stuck away if the weather wasn't quite warm enough for sunbathing.

As it happened the weather was very comfortable and when it got a bit hot, the hotel has a well served rooftop pool which we lazed away a few hours when we wanted a break from exploring. We stayed in a premier suite (329) which was great and had a cracking view of the burj khalifa.

Only small complaint which wasn't the hotels fault was the people next door, felt it necessary for some reason to have the tv blaring all night! We complained on the 2nd night to reception after our bangs on the wall had little effect, so at least for the next two nights, they were courteous enough to still play it all night, but at least at a less audible level.

I can only assume we weren't living next door to nocturnal visitors but maybe they were scared of the dark and wanted the comfort of telly noise. I'd respectfully suggest they stay home with mummy and daddy and leave grown up hotel stays to the responsible adults if a comfort blanket is still required!

All in all and that aside, I'd recommend this hotel if you want good standards but don't want to pay 5 star prices. Breakfast was a convenient buffet but as with many premises in dubai, there isn't a licenced bar which didn't bother us but might be a factor for some.

Would have no hesitation staying again if in dubai.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind review on Trip Advisor. We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and thank you for recommending our Hotel
We regret that you encountered some challenges with the noise coming from the next room and would like to apologize for the inconvenience has caused you. Rest assured that the Front Office Department has been informed about this matter.

Once again thank you and it’s our pleasure having you here at Villa Rotana. Looking forward on your next stay.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 19 January 2014

First time in Dubai and in Villa Rotana. We are excited about everything. the hotel was a good choise. Nice staff. Good pool, and breakfast. Once we tried á la carte, but was disappointing. Otherwise i recomend it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review and share your experiences during your stay with us. My colleagues and I are glad to receive your wonderful comments. I have taken a good note of you concern about the ala carte service and the same will be review and communicate to the concern department.

Once again we would like to thank you for your valuable feedbacks.

We are looking forward to your future stay with us.

Warm regards,

Peyia, Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was transported to this hotel from my flight at 1.30 in the morning and on arrival was met with great help and courtesy. My room was lovely,huge comfortable bed,fully equipped bathroom with everything I could need and a welcome tea/coffee tray. I actually slept very deeply until my wake up call 6 hours later and down to breakfast.A huge choice,helpful smiling staff and again help with my bag to the waiting car to the airport for my long onward flight to Australia.
I just wish I had had longer to enjoy the hotel pool and facilities whilst there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your fantastic review!
It is our pleasure to be at your service and deliver the best we could offer to our valued guests. Your review about our hotel facilities, staffs and services will be shared to my colleagues.
Once again thank you very much and we are looking forward to having the pleasure of serving you once again and we hope to deliver the same level of satisfaction and services on your next stay.