“Moscow Hotel is not the Czar residence as they present”
Review of Moscow Hotel

Moscow Hotel
Ranked #392 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Kampala
“Moscow Hotel is not the Czar residence as they present”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

No polemics at all, but honestly, I did not sleep at all, until 3am, due to the music high volume of the disco-pub located in the lobby. Food is not always at the say that will honor the delicious russian cuisine as the same for the rooms: they presented on their website, as a Czar location, but do you really think that Czars they couldn't sleep for almost all night due to the night-club big noise? I'm so sorry for the staff wich are very helpful, but I really believe that the hotel presentation is so far away on what is the reality and remember to avoid room 103, which is just 2 floor up of the pub.

Room Tip: Avoid ABSOLUTELY THE ROOM N. 103. On the other hand, you'll find a very kind staff and a very ki...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ThePapillon
MoscowHotel, Sales Manager at Moscow Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your Experience at Moscow Hotel Dubai.

Thank you very much for the good point you have mentioned about the Hotel in particular with the kindness of the staff. I sincerely apologize that we did not reach your expectation with regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

I am grateful for your valuable feedback and you can be assured that we will work hard to rectify and work on your comments.

I appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our customer experience.

We sincerely wish that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future so that we can provide you a better experience and a high quality service.

Best regards,

The Management of Moscow Hotel
Managed by Byblos Hospitality Group
"Check in as a guest, Check out being a Friend"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Bangkok
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Only 7 minutes from Dubai airport staying at the Moscow Hotel is a special experience.
It was inspired by the Bolshoi theatre with its huge chandalier, reproduced paintings of that period, plenty of mirrors and gold paint. You have the choice of the Red, Blue, Yellow, and
Green rooms in the Executive Suites. You can call it "over the top" but it is fun.
There is Bolshoi Restaurant, Volga Coffee Shop, Tolstoy Library and Red Square Disco.
Breakfast is plentiful and the staff mostly Philippino and very helpful and friendly.
The only drawback is Wi-Fi which is very expensive, $10 per hour.
The surprise is when at 11pm the bouncers appear and the library turns into a bar where
there is loud music the booze is flowing and the girls appear.
By morning it is back to being a family hotel.

Room Tip: Try to be upgraded to Executive suits
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank THOMAS G
Jugon-les-Lacs, France
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I came here out of dissapointment at the previous place I stayed nearby. Actually, the rooms weren't bad for the price; it was reasonably good value. The Russian theme was cute, though rapidly wears thin. The rooms have that fau Louise IX thing going, which I don't really like too much, but for a couple of nights is okay. There is a club in the reception area which is pretty loud at nights with lots of people wandering around in and out. Not the quietest place, but maybe not a bad choice if you want to crash after going to the club. Reasonably well located in Deira. The staff were helpful and polite, but there was definitely an oversupply of security guards.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bruce G
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Good location, attentive service, variety of restaurants. Night club comes as a bonus for those who like late night out.
Excellent buffet in the morning, the hotel really cares about variety and quality of food. Same applies for my evening dinner experience, food was just delicious!
Lots of entertainment in every outlet, which makes your experience memorable and exciting - live band, dance show, classical duo etc.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Victoria O
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I booked this hotel on the advice of hotels.com as we needed a family room in Dubai.
We had some requierments which were , family room for 4 swimming pool as Dubai is very hot this time of year and a non smoking Room

On paper it looked ok. On arrival the foyer stunk of cigaret smoke. We waited for about 45 minutes and were given keys to our room but before this the hotel management insisted on holding onto our passports until we checked out , which we flat out refused to comply with. I've never been to a hotel that did this.

The room looked ok. Good size but outdated. , we made our way to the top floor where the pool is for a quick cool down dip only to be greeted by a contractor who said the pool is closed for renovations , I was shocked that it could have been closed so quick after all the website said nothing about the pool being closed , only to find out that it has been closed since June 4 2013 and we booked on June 21. No mention of this any where. We retired to our room for a nap only to get the feeling we were sleeping in an ashtray, I askedif we had a smoking or no smoking room the girl said smoking. I said we booked a nonp smoking room to which she replied we don't have any right now but if something changes ill let you know. The last straw was when I went downstairs one evening to see a bus load of what can only be describes as scantily dressed very reviewing clothing to the night club down stairs, I asked one of the patrons there what all this was about only to be to be told that these Gris get brought in for som gentleman fun. We checked out the next day.

Give this one a miss

Room Tip: Don't chooses his one
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Roger9822

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Spent a night here whilst travelling through. Booked on price without checking reviews and fancied a Russian theme to my stay. Arrival at the hotel was very impressed with the lobby, check in was a little officious (I thought this was just the arab way) and was reminded no girl visitors to the room (as if!).

The room was pretty standard but very clean, well appointed. Bathroom was a bit tired. In all I thought I had done good. So I headed down the the lobby bar for a sandwich and a beer.

The lobby bar is a dark room which when your eyes adjust look like you've stepped into a photo shoot for a singles convention - 12-15 beautiful young girls and a couple of dejected looking male travellers. Was I tired, was I naive? I just thought it was amazing that the girls came to talk to me rather than me having to chase them. And they all spoke Russian and listened to Russian music - wow success.

Until they reminded me what the desk clerk said and suggested that for a very reasonable fee we could retire to the 'other' hotel round the corner.

Well if you're a weary traveller in search of cheap and easy satisfaction, then this place is definitely for you - and you take your own risks when you walk out with the girls. If you're not in the mood, travelling as a couple or god forbid with a family, I would stay well, well clear!!

Room Tip: if you really must take your conquest upstairs tip the conscierge heavily ;)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business