“Overally... OK”

Ranked #392 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“Overally... OK”
Reviewed 4 August 2009

the rooms were hmm... OK. The food was goo, the service was mediocre, and overally It would be an excellent place for young single men, looking for Russian prostitutes in Dubai!!!
But this "doesn't" mean that other people (even families with children or just married couples) would experience something terrible. the air condition is excellent and some of the staff really try to be helpful. I rate it as "acceptable".

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Xevak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
jumeirah
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We had a good experience staying in Moscow Hotel. My wife and me reached at the airport and picked- up by their car. The driver was very polite and respectful. I think the driver's name is shahid and he was working in valet also. Our flight was delayed but the shahid waited for us patiently. When we reached there, everything was done quick. We went to our room and got some nice relaxation. We went also to their bar, Red Square. We enjoyed the bar a lot and received a good service by a short filipina lady named Lorna. I missed the chance of saying thank you to these people. They made our stay wonderful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank goddess46
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2009

We arrived at the Hotel around 0100 am. The lobby was full of intoxicated men sitting around smoking. When I say full I mean we had to weave through them to get to the desk. There is a night club connected to the lobby which was loud and full of prostitutes that were overflowing into the lobby and thriving on Iranian Expats. After going through the routine at the front desk the night clerk attempted to hold our passports. I know this was common practice a few years ago but now it's a serious security threat with trafficking in persons. After insisting that he return our passports he finally did. When we went to our "nonsmoking" room it smelled horribly of smoke. We were then given another room which wasn't much better. The bathroom was outdated and slightly moldy. The room lights were on one switch which controlled everything but the AC. So if you want to watch TV, charge your mobile, or turn on the bathroom light you will have to light up the entire room (there are no separate switches for these lights). I gladly checked out 8 hours later (2 days early) knowing I would lose the money already paid. The manager insisted I would receive a refund, which never happened after multiple attempts to contact them. Take note that I stayed at this hotel a couple of years and had no complaints. Now I STRONGLY recommend you look elsewhere for accommodations.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
8 Thank ams-ibz

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

France
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We didn't stay in this hotel but went for a Russian cuisine dinner (Bolshoi Restaurant) for a change, after having read a restaurant review (written by a Brit) that put it as #1 Russian restaurant in Dubai. Being a native Russian with certain expectations to authentic food, I had a pleasant surprise - the cuisine corresponded to what it really is in Russia. The Russian dancing show (daily, 10 pm and 11.30 pm) was creative, obviosly done by a professional choreographer, with flashy costumes, but a bit loud music. A mix of traditional and modern themes, though for a native Russian it's a kitsch as these shows are done for tourists in all major hotels and restaurants of Moscow and St.Petersburg. Still, the show was the best part of the experience and provided a good value for money spent in the restaurant.

The food portions were huge to say the least.
The starter, salad 'pod shuboi' (herring, red beat, potatoes) , was as if it was home-made and came in a large plate; it was like a main course (corresponding to the way it is done in Russia).
So, I carefully chose the lightest main course. However, my fish in 'Moscow style', was definitely for 2 or even 3 very hungry persons, and I was not able to finish even a half of it.
Also, I noticed that some traditional dishes on the menu were quite heavy and will be hard to digest in the hot climate of Dubai as many of them are designed for Russian winter time. So, beware of meats and sauces made of sour cream.
Overall, good experience and good value for money

Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kifera
London
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I travel to Dubai for business ones a month and stayed in many hotels and I can easily say that this is by fare the worst. Hotel lobby is full of prostitute at nights peoples dealing and willing with Russian girls its a freak show, the main dinning room is square and have no character, the food was not up to standard to say the least not to mention the service. Over all we were very disappointed and I would not stay there again even if they pay me, it's a shame because the hotel porters and couple of receptionist where very nice and I wish they can teach the rest of the staff how to deal with the guests.

Stayed April 2008
9 Thank OD4
india
Reviewed 4 April 2008

Hey there,
It was a wonderful experience for me while I was staying at Moscow Hotel Dubai. I was really impressed in this Hotel all the times when I was there. I reached there at about 2:00PM and got a Russian Buffet which costs AED 55. The lobby was really imposing and attractive. There was another resturant(I don't remember the name) got a fantastic dinner with Music and traditional Russian dance. Hope to see those again. The bar was really cool and not much noisy and rushy. Can have some drinks with the Guitar and violine music played by the beautiful ladies from Uzbakistan. They were really cool. After some shots I went to the Redsquare night club. The entrance fee is AED100 for outsiders with one drink free. But as I was a resident of the hotel they charge me only AED50. Enjoyed some good music and it was not disappointing at all. I loved it. I would recomment this hotel for who is coming to Dubai as Tourists, or even an over night stay while going home through Dubai.

Shijo, India

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank HelloIndia
Belgium
Reviewed 20 February 2008

Small rooms,the pictures of hotel in it's site are totally misleading.poor dinning room,so noisy,poor lobby...

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank danieldurwael