Having booked this apartment early last year, I saw extremely bad reviews and wondered if I should book them. But the rates seems so attractive that there was no excuse not to as we were staying 7nights for a business trip for exhibition @ World Trade Center. We booked 2 rooms and it was great simply for sleeping purposes.
Location: Location was great, 5mins walking distance to BurJuman Station and another green line station which we did not take.
1) Stayed in 1 room apartment and it was big.
2) Comes with fridge, microwave, stove, washing machine and etc like normal apartments.
3) Rooms furniture was old but usable.
4) Reception was helpful and advised us on our needs.
5) Bellboy/Manager was extremely helpful with loads of smiles when we requested for directions and room amenities.
6) Rooms had shabby toilets like in the photos but practically usable.
7) They did not help to wash the dishes after eating -.-" But we couldn't was them as there was no detergent or sponge, so paid AED 10 tips and all got done.
8) There was only 1 towel as room indicated that only 1 is staying so if you need more, please drop some tips I assume all can be arranged.
Breakfast: Please do not attempt. It is simply not worth the money and time, there is a Dome restaurant just beside BurJuman station. The food there is really good!
Overall for business trip and if you just want somewhere to sleep with a big room and do not mind too much about luxury, it is a great place to stay. I've always been staying at 5-6 star hotels but turn to apartments as they are more 'practical' for business trips. Why stay in a luxury room when you only use them for sleeping. Of cos I would not recommend to couples whom want to spend a good holiday/honeymoon. But if you are looking for just a big room, good size bed with your family at cheap rates. Why not?
Cheers everyone. A very honest feedback.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star, 84 highly luxurious furnished apartments, combination of 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom units. Fully equipped gum, sauna, steam and jacuzzi. Roof top swimming pool. Coffee bar offer, multi cuisine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Midwest Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Midwest Dubai