“Memorable Honeymoon”
Review of Flora Grand Hotel

Flora Grand Hotel
Ranked #130 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Hospitality and quality service is truly the keyword in this very grand hotel. Extremely clean hotel, friendly staff, nice gym, sauna, steam room, pool and jacuzzi. We spent our honeymoon in this hotel, we were upgraded to an executive suite and given a complimentary cake. Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are better
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are very pleased to note that your special occasion was made memorable by the team at the hotel.

We look forward to see you again at the Flora Grand Hotel !

Satish Nambiar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,251)

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The property lacks everything that might make it a hotel. I have stayed there 3 times with work, so I didn't have a choice, when I had a choice I changed it for our company.

In all of my stays, the old air conditioning was loud, the furniture was old, and the room was noisy, being in a seedy part of town didn't help as you can sense the seediness before you enter.

In one stay I found a cockroach in the room, and the hotel resisted changing my room, but then they changed it and apologized. In another the bed was dirty, and took me 45 mins to get them to change my room, it was 2 am and apparently no one in charge was available.

To be fair one stay was in Ramadan and the buffet was decent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

At the outset please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during you visits specially when you arrive late in the night tired from the airport.

The rooms have been renovated now from the time you have last stayed and all the issues mentioned have been addressed in the same program. During your stay the room change could not happen or was delayed is due to the fact the hotel was running full on those days.

We are grateful for your feedback as it helps us to improve and provide a better hotel to the future customer.

We hope to see you again at the Flora Grand Hotel !

Reviewed 10 May 2012

if you want to stay in dubai for cheap price with nice service and the best food choose this hotel and for your shopping every thing around plus metro station so you will enjoy your time .
dont forget to choose a delux room it is very nice . i wanna thing lijo and charie in reception who are nice plus the reception manager was very helpful thank you flora grand hotel you make my parents holidays perfect :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jessi10
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The hotel is a bit older, and in general quite alright but doesn't really excel in either facilities (modern) or service. We had some trouble at check-in but this was sorted in the end. The rooms are nice, quite big and clean. Breakfast is ok but nothing special. The pool area is nice, although when I was there the water in the pool was warmer than the water in the jacuzzi. The room service took quite long, and when I ordered a sandwich at the pool, had to have it delivered at the room in the end since it took close to an hour. Good location, close to Al Rigga metro, the creek and the old(er) part of town. However, closeby I prefer for example the Holiday Inn in the same street that has a lot better service and in terms of facilities is better equipped as well. In the bar/restaurant/roomservice, no alcoholic beverages are available, but in the Holiday Inn or Ibis hotel next to this hotel you could get a beer or wine if you like.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

Please accept my apologies for the delay in room service at the poolside. I thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we could do a quick fix on the same. If there were any other areas of improvement do let us know on grandfeedback@florahospitality as it will be of a big help to us.

We look forward to see you again at the hotel !

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I have stayed at many different hotels
As i am a regular visitor to dubai i have stayed in hotels from 4* to 5* I would consider this hotel as good as any I have stayed In
The staff are very obliging and polite
I used the gym , steam/sauna room and had no problems there
The hotel is clean and is located in a very busy area especially with many different restaurants within walking distance ,perfect for me as I love food
however there seems to be a lot of women plying for trade especially in the evening and it can be intimidating when they try and approach you
As the hotel does not allow anyone other than hotel guests inside that's why I would say it's a good value hotel for families
One draw back I would point out ,with their no non guest in hotel policy caused a little problem for me when my brother in-law travelled from Abu dhabi to visit me at the hotel
The hotel refused to allow him in , after a liitle discussion they agreed he could stay for half hour
So I would recommend the hotel should look at how they could be more flexible with guests families or friends coming to visit

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are happy to note that your stay was enjoyable. My apologies for the inconvenience caused due to our strict policy on non resident guest on the guest floors. Since we are a family hotel we take extra care to ensure the safety and welfare of our resident guests.

We look forward to welcome you again at the hotel !

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Got a good price via expedia for a normal room (they call it superior) but were upgraded to an executive room with with free internet. The room had its own wifi transmitter and so the signal and speed were very good. Other 4 star hotels please take note! The room was big and very clean. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and looked after us well. Note the hotel address is Al Rigga road but it actually faces onto a smaller street running parallel and there are no signs form Al Rigga road - you have to go down a side street when you get to Popeye's food outlet and then turn left. We found it difficult to fault this hotel. The only thing I can think of is that the cold water in the bathroom basin wasn't cold - it came out warm. But there were two bottles of water supplied free in the room each day which we cooled down in the fridge and used that for rinsing our mouths. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th floor (where we were) are non smoking
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are delighted to know that your stay experience was enjoyable and above your expectation..

We look forward to welcome you again at the Flora Grand Hotel !

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Great hotel after several business trip to Dubai finally I have found the good location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business