“Flora grand Hotel”

Ranked #114 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Paris, France
“Flora grand Hotel”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Spent three days in this hotel with my wife and I can say after my wedding in 1997 that was one of her best moments we spent together and I'm in position to say our stay in that hotel was part of these moments.The service was great and the staff was outstanding..I intend to return to Dubai and we'd obviously be staying at this Hotel.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Henry S
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are thrilled to know that you had one your best moments during your stay experience with us. We are glad the facilities & services exceeded your expectation. Your kins appreciation for the team members have been duly communicated.

Satish Nambiar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Upon arrival, after a tiring two hour drive from Abu Dhabi, I must say that I had the worst experience in my 36 years of traveling around the globe, at the hands of the duty manager, Kartik Parekh, who was not only rude, condescending, and unprofessional, but apparently had no concept of customer service and hospitality. You can give a janitor a suit, a tie and a title but he still has the skills of a janitor only.
I was so furious that I immediately got on my phone and tried making other hotel arrangements. If it were not for the insistence of my aunt and cousin who were extremely tired, I would not have stayed one night at your hotel.
Fortunately, the next day I met your senior duty manager, Mr. Anzar Nishat, who is a true gentleman, a fantastic professional and one deserving of his title and definitely more. If your slogan is "the art of hospitality", then I can sincerely say that you have a Rembrandt or a Michaelangelo in Anzar Nishat. You should be proud as an organization for having such a true professional amongst you, one who cares for his customers, takes time from his busy schedule to sit down for whatever time is needed to listen to his guests at the hotel, and not just satisfy them with empty promises but with quick action, even if it is to make up for the mistakes and shortcomings of another.
Furthermore, he assured me that if I needed ANYTHING, even if he were not at work, I should call the reception desk and have them call him on his mobile number. That is what professionals in customer service call going above and beyond the call of duty or going the extra mile for your customers or guests.
In short, I must say that not only will I stay at your hotel the next time I visit Dubai, but I will recommend Flora Grand to others as long as Mr. Anzar Nishat is there. I have much much more to say about this well spoken, well mannered gentleman, but wish to keep this as short as possible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank H Y
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are delighted to know that your stay with us was memorable inspite of the inconvenience at check in. We are glad the facilities & services exceeded your expectation. Your kind appreciation for the team members specially Mr Ansar has been duly communicated.

Multan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed three nights in the hotel during our recent visit to Dubai. The rooms are spacious and and comfortable. House keeping staff take very good care of rooms linen and cleanliness. Breakfast is good and there is lot to choose from. The breakfast menu is a bit different each day, so if you are staying for some days, you dont get bored from monotonous breakfast. Although WiFI is available in the rooms but you have to pay 70AED each day to get this facility, which is really expensive. When you land at the Dubai airport , better get WiFi UAE at 50 AED per day which let you enjoy its use in whole UAE and is cheaper. This hotel is located near Al Rigga metro station, getting around city in metro is easy. All day metro pass costs 16AED.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are very happy to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We are glad the location,breakfast,facilities & services matched up to your expectation.We have noted your concern regarding the pricing of Wifi but would like to assure you that the same is in line with the other hotels in Dubai.

General Nambiar
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Though the location is a bit to the inside, the stay at the hotel was nice and quiet. The reception desk was very helpful as were many others. Definitely would be my first choice when I need to stay at a hotel next.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are very happy to know that your stay with us was memorable. We are glad the facilities & services delivered by the team members have matched up to your expectation.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel does not accomodate any guests to the rooms. Being from a south asian country spoke to the manager asking to accomodate my friend and his wife for ten mins to freshen up before heading out. Initially said it was alright and once in the room was called to tell the guests to come out n stay in the lobby. A reception personal was there to escort them. It was a very embarrasing situation I had to bear due to there change of mind.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rizan R
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

Upon seeing this feedback I went into the deeper details to get to the bottom of the issue. We certainly do not allow visitors on the guest room floors as it affects the safety & well being of the other guests in hotels which comprises of business travellers, families & most importantly we have international airline crew which you are very well aware off as you stay often in the Hotel. In this case there was a clear error of judgement by the concerned staff who made the exception to the rule of no visitors as she was told by the resident that it is a friend & fiancee. However the CCTV captured mismatched nationalities entering the room which was alerted to the Duty manager who counter checked the footage and called the room requesting the visitors to come down as the time was way past midnight.

Hope this clarifies the issue from our end as safety is an important factor for us and hospitality is our priority which you must be aware considering the fact that you stay often in the Hotel & the reviews you see on Trip Advisor.

Munnar
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights (20-23 June 2014) My visit to Dubai after 29 years since I left in 1985 made memorable by Flora Grand Team. My friend in Dubai Mr. Sakariya only recommended this hotel and I am thankful to him. The quality of service is excellent. Mr.Jikku has taken care of everything from the moment I checked in. Since it is in the heart of Deira Dubai and Rigga Metro station round the clock accessibility is easy.Buffet breakfast is yummy. Only thing I noticed is shortage of South Indian dishes. Hope to visit Dubai again and stay in Flora Grand.

Room Tip: Go for wooden flooring rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank teamblackberry
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are delighted to know that your stay with us was memorable specially since you were back in Dubai after so many years. We are glad the location,breakfast & services exceeded your expectation. Your kind appreciation for Jikku & the team members have been duly communciated.Our breakfast buffet caters to a wide range of guests from all over the world so specifically doing South Indian dishes everyday is a challenge however they are available on some days of the week in the menus of the buffet and also on request we do our best to churn out certain south Indian dishes which are easier and quick.

Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

From the time you enter in the Hotel, you feel the quality of services they provide. Great value for the money. It is in Deira Dubai (older part of Dubai) but well connected with all parts of Dubai through Metro (Al Rigga) and taxi services. Nice rooms with excellent services. Hotel team is very cooperative and friendly. Very nice place for business traveler and families. Love to stay again in same hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are delighted to know that you had a great stay with us.We are glad the location,value & services exceeded your expectation.Your kind appreciation for the team members have been duly communicated.