“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

We had to wait for 40 mins or so for our room to be ready (it was 3.30pm) so they upgraded us to a 4 bedroom apartment which was brilliant, and extended our check out by a few hours. The apartment was stunning facing out over the beach and was stocked with some basic food items (eggs, milk, bread, breakfast cereals etc).
Perfect location on the walk for restaurants and beach. Very impressed!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Dear DLMcClements,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

I was pleased to read your comments in relation to the stunning view, facilities in the apartment and hotel’s location. I was disappointed to read that you experienced a small delay upon arrival with your room; however I was pleased that we were able to extend your departure time by a few hours.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

William Harley-Fleming

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Loacted on the walk near Dubai Marina these apartments were in a great location. We were upgraded from a two bedroomed apartment to a 3 bedroom. Excellent facilities and the kitchen was as kitted out as you could hope for. Would highly recommend for couples, families or just pure pleasure

1 Thank OmanTigger
Dear OmanTigger,

I would like to thank you for your positive words regarding the hotel’s location, size of the apartment and its facilities.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

We have just returned from a fantastic trip to Dubai staying at this brilliant place. The welcome from Noel (Manager) was a great start after a long trip. He is a great asset to the hotel. The apartment we stayed in on the 47th floor was grand for our family of 5. An abundance of space (2 large bedrooms each with ensuite as well as another shower room and another toilet!). We had a lovely welcome pack consisting of cereals, milk, eggs, buscuits etc. My children enjoyed the swimming pool on the second floor (which is quite shaded), when the weather got too hot. The location is perfect, right on the marina and taking a walk in the evenings was an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Floor 47 has great views of the palm
Dear thecuteone,

I was pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit in Dubai. I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the size of the apartment, selection of welcome pack and our location.

It was also a pleasure to read your very kind words in relation to the associates who looked after you during your stay; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

We moved to Dubai at the end of 2010. Our original plan was to look for a rental property. However, having stayed as guests at the Oasis Beach Tower we have decided that we feel at home in these apartments and intend staying for at least the first year of my contract. The staff are very friendly and courteous. The rooms are clean, well furnished and spacious. The amenities, restaurants, bars, swimming pool, gymnasium are excellent. The location, on The Walk with beach access, is ideal for when guests visit, as are the regular complimentary buses to the various shopping malls and Jebel Ali Beach Resort. We would like to thank all the staff for making the Oasis Beach Tower our "home from home". Gordon & Fauziah

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 5 June 2011
Dear Gordon and Fauziah,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor with regards to your experiences at Oasis Beach Tower.

It is a pleasure to read that you have decided to extend your stay with us, due to the associate who are looking after you, creating a home away from home feel.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the size and cleanliness of your accommodation, facilities and amenities available at the hotel, and the location.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

I'm actually a long term resident of the Oasis Beach Tower and my family (Wife, 3 young children and their live-in nanny) and I have been living here since June 2010 , I recently extended my stay for another year til June 2012. In any case, regardless of whether you are staying at the OBT for 3 days or for 3 years this is the one of the places that I have stayed in Dubai and there are very few hotels that I can say is equal or better. The apartments are big, spacious rooms (en suite bathroom in every room), well maintained, beatiful view, convenient location, free shuttle service to major shopping malls/bazaars and has a very nice swimming pool (separate kiddie pool with slide). In all, ideal place for people travelling with family, especially young children. The only hotel where a King Sized Bed is actually 'King Sized'. Thyme restaurant is also a must visit. But most of all and where the OBT stands out from the rest in my opinion is the hospitality of the staff - professional, courteous and always willing to go that little extra step in making one feel at home (true sense of the word in my case) - well done guys and keep it up.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear LMohan,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews from our long-staying guests, and I am pleased to know that you and your family have decided to extend your stay with us for another year. I do appreciate your positive words in relation to the size and cleanliness of your accommodation, views from the hotel, our location, and Thyme restaurant. I will ensure that your compliments regarding my team, who are currently looking after you, are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Two 30th Birthdays, Nine girls, two nights in Dubai. Oasis made the trip perfect. The best room, brilliant location and phenomenal service too. We have already planned our trip back in October. Just counting down till we go again!

Room Tip: Tell them if there is a special event.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dear hayles_giraffe,

I am extremely pleased to read that you had decided to stay at the hotel to celebrate your birthdays. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your accommodation, our location, and the service that you’ve received during your stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower on your next visit, later in the year.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

I read the review on Trip advisor and found myself compelled to book. So I did.

Mistake 1. I booked an apartment with breakfast included but once I reached the hotel at 4 pm after a 16.5 hr flight from LA was told that the rooms were full I needed to wait. Wait? What? Its 4 pm+. We were escorted to the 33rd floor for canapes. Since I am not too accustomed to high rises I went back to down to request a room not higher than the 15 floor.
Mistake 2. Guess what? I got a room on the 36th floor. So much for a request. There was no coordination absolutely NOT with the front desk. I failed to understand what people understood that hired to help

The apartments themselves are nice. But everything from the fan in the kitchen to the apartment's above flushed water are loud and cannot be turned off. Hot water a luxury it seems in Dubai? I am still scratching my head on this. Its 45 degrees celsius outside how can I only get luke warm water in the master bathroom.

I checked out rather uneventfully and assumed all else was ok. Misktake 3. I realized 4 days on that I have been double billed for my entire stay.

I have repeated called front desk, accounts, night manager, day managers in hopes of getting charges reversed for the past 24 hours. MIstake 4. Hotel tells me they see it in their system once. I have provided my credit card statement and reference and have put in a dispute with my credit card company who also attest to the same charge twice.

At this point all I want is my money. This ruins the entire trip trying to chase down hard earned cash. I am disgused and Mr. Harley-Fleming if you are reading this, I hope you areunderstand how much it wrecks ones life to put up with this unnecessary b.s.

Just give me money back. I wont be visiting this property. I have NEVER had issues such as this. Ever. I have stayed at 5 other hotel locations in Dubai.

Room Tip: Doesnt matter what you tell front desk
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Commonsense9
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
Dear Mrs Nagalla,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

I was concerned to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction, and please allow me to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay.

I appreciate that our guests may travel on longer journeys from various destinations, and we certainly endeavour to do our best to accommodate each of our guests as soon as the apartment is available.

With this in mind, it is certainly sometimes challenging when we are experiencing high levels of occupancy and guests arriving at simultaneous intervals.

Please allow me to apologise if the water temperature in your master bedroom was not to your satisfaction. Each bathroom has its individual water heating system which is tested regularly. In order to preserve natural resources and our contribution to saving the environment, we turn off the water heaters during the summer months. For the convenience of our guests, we have fixed a water heater switch on the bathroom walls should the guests still prefer hotter water.

Finally, in reference to your credit card statement subsequent to your correspondence to the hotel, and following our various telephone discussions please allow me to again apologise for this double charge which had occurred due to a system error. It is in our best interest to resolve and assist our guests immediately and I trust that all is now in order.