“Fantastic Hotel in the Best Location in Dubai”

JA Oasis Beach Tower
Ranked #58 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We just spent a night at the Oasis Hotel in Dubai. Overall, we had a magnificent stay.

First of all, although technically a hotel, the hotel looks more like a building with luxury apartments. It is a 50 story, all glass building in front of the best beach in Dubai, in the Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) area, with amazing panoramic views. The location could not be better.

We rented a 2-bedroom unit. At arrival, we were happily surprised when we have been assigned a 200 square meter unit in the penthouse (49th floor)! Huge! All windows had panoramic views of the beach and the Palm Jumeirah. The details of the unit could have been better or more consistent with the building (all tiles throughout, quality of furniture, etc.), but overall it was very good. The apartment had a huge kitchen with stainless steel appliances and even a washer and dryer. There was included food in the kitchen.

The building had all the necessary amenities: a great pool area, although not sunny given the tall buildings, a big gym, restaurants in the lobby, and a lobby that was functional, although not really big. Wifi was free in common areas, and also in our apartment (although not in all apartments, I was told)

The big attraction was the elevators, which were fast and all glass, facing the Dubai skyline. It was a real treat to go to the penthouse and appreciate the skyline.

The personnel were extremely good. Our front desk person was a very nice guy from Philippines (unfortunately don’t remember the name…), who did his best to accommodate us and give us the best possible room. He even escorted us personally to our room. The concierge personnel were also extremely helpful, when helping us booking a desert tour and finding a doctor.

Overall, a great stay.

Room Tip: Call the hotel in advance, and arrive early. Askl for a room facing the beach
1  Thank Fernando-Botargues
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Fernando-Botargues,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Oasis Beach Tower.

I was very pleased to read that overall you had a magnificent stay with us! I would like to thank you for your kind words’ regarding the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was spacious, as well as having fabulous views. I was also pleased to read that all of the features in the apartment was to your expectations.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive remarks regarding the facilities and amenities available in the hotel, as well as to my team who looked after you during your recent stay with us, and whom you felt were extremely good and helpful. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

William Harley-Fleming

Write a ReviewReviews (2,026)

Reviewed 24 October 2012

16 of us stayed here for a week. The apartments are huge with plenty of space but the hotel itself lacks a lot. First off the lobby is basically on the ground floor of a mall and you never really feel like your In a nice hotel, rather the food court of a mall that just happens to have a hotel in it.

Second, the Internet is too slow to even surf the web. Want to Skype or FaceTime? Forget about it, the wifi will not support it.

There is also no liqueur license here so the hotel cannot serve beer or wine. Not a deal breaker for. Ost but we found it a bit of a pain to try to find a cold one in the mall :)

2  Thank Zkirby
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear Zkirby,

I was pleased to read your positive words regarding the apartments; however, I was disappointed to know that you were not satisfied with some areas of your recent stay.

We do appreciate the importance of services such as the internet speed, which I am pleased to update that we are currently in the process of reviewing a future upgrade. In the United Arab Emirates, internet censorship applies and for that reason some websites are blocked including “Skype”. I would like to apologise if this information was not explained to you, and for any inconvenience you may have experienced, however this is unfortunately beyond our control.

Furthermore, like other Muslim countries, in respect to their culture and religion, there are certain restrictions in place including consumption of alcoholic beverages. We do understand that we have a mix of International guests in the hotel; therefore we have our own restaurant Thyme for available alcoholic beverage consumptions, and it is located on the first floor of our hotel.

I would be happy for you to contact me directly at generalmanager.obt@jaresorts.com if I can assist you any further, or please provide us with a contact number so we can discuss this matter in more details.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Good location for the public beach with taxis needed to get to any of Dubais attractions. We had a 2 bed apartment on 47th floor with a huge lounge dining area, massive bedrooms, four toilets and an exellent view. Staff, particularly Glenn at poolside were very friendly & helpfull. Bar restaraunt 'Thyme' on first floor served a good pint and the only thing not up to scratch was the entrance and they are currently working on this.

Room Tip: Higher floors dont have balconies but what a view & don't forget to try the bar.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear Gissard,

I was pleased to read your review, and I am happy to know that overall you had enjoyed the facilities and amenities available in your accommodation, as well as our very own Thyme restaurant. I do appreciate your personal acknowledgement for my team, whom you felt were very friendly and helpful.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We chose these apartments for their location and the reviews they had on Tripadvisor and we were certainly not disappointed. The location is fabulous, we stayed in a superior apartment on the 21st floor with views of the Palm and the marina. The apartment was enormous, spotlessly clean and equipped with absolutely everything you might need. The wifi was effortless, the welcome pack of breakfast items a welcome and much appreciated bonus. We arrived at about 11am, very tired after overnight flight from the UK. The reception staff (Jules) could not have been more welcoming and accomodated our request for an early checkin which was so much appreciated. Throughout our stay every single member of staff was helpful, smiling and welcoming. Very minor issues with the apartment were dealt with immediately with a smile also. The beds are worthy of particular comment - we all thought they were the most comfortable we had ever slept in. There is building work going on directly opposite, as others have said, and it would be a shame if it spoils the view from the OBT.
Should we return to Dubai we would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend it. Thanks to all for a fabulous stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 14 and above are superior rooms. A room at the front of the building would have a superb view...
1  Thank Gillian M

Dear Gillian M,

I was very pleased to read that you had decided to stay with us, following other traveller’s reviews. It was a pleasure reading your kind comments regarding the apartment’s available facilities and amenities, which you have kindly mentioned were enormous, spotlessly clean and fully-equipped.

I would like to thank you for your very positive remarks with regards to my team whom you felt were helpful, always smiling and welcoming. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed with a group of seven for five nights in the four bedroom apartments. To say we were impressed with the service and facilities would be an understatement. On arrival our apartments were not yet ready (at 10am) so we were brought to the premium lounge for our short wait where we given complimentary refreshments and the opportunity to freshen up after a long flight.

On arrival to our apartment, we discovered we had been upgraded to an apartment on a higher floor which offered breath taking views. The apartment itself was incredibly spacious and far surpassed our expectations and needs. We had six toilets and four large spacious rooms.

Any trips we wanted to go on were easily facilitated by the friendly concierge staff. In particular, a staff member named Merry was particularly helpful and friendly and even accommodated us in celebrating a birthday with a complementary cake and candles. I cannot speak highly enough of this and really made us enjoy our stay.

The pool is nice, although shaded in different parts of the day there is always an available section in the sun to sun bathe. The gym was also excellent with plenty of machines, including a power plate.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Oasis Beach Tower Apartments and am looking forward to my next stay.

1  Thank Carolinephe
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Carolinephe,

I was delighted to read your review, and I am happy to know that you were impressed with our service and facilities. Your kind words regarding your accommodation are highly appreciated, which you have kindly mentioned was incredibly spacious and far surpassed your expectations and needs.

I would like to thank you for your very positive remarks regarding my team who looked after you during your recent stay with us, whom you felt were helpful and friendly. I will ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

What a fantastic apartment. Perfect for families with children. 3 large pools with slide to enjoy and a 5minute walk to the beach. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity and even within OBT complex itself, including the Thyme restaurant/bar.
Staff are very helpful and accommodating, rooms cleaned thoroughly and apartments so well equipped you could easily cook full meals, clean and do your own laundry should you wish to.
We stayed on 45th floor 2 bedroom superior apartment with a view over Atlantis and "the palm" development, and despite not checking in until nearly 1am due to flight delay, staff couldnt have been more helpful or efficient.
Complementary breakfast and snack items are included for your first day; such as cereal and bread, butter and milk, coffee pods for the machine and more.

All in all, can't really fault this place, only small downside is traffic outside is very busy and can delay you getting into and out of Jumeriah Beach area.

Highly recommend and will certainly try to come back!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear MOJO_aus,

It was nice to read your review, and I would like to personally thank you for your positive words regarding the cleanliness of your accommodation, as well as the apartment’s facilities and amenities which you have kindly mentioned that the apartment was fantastic. I do also appreciate your compliments regarding my team whom you felt were very helpful and accommodating.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

As travel agent, I constantly try hotels and/or apartments and this time, I stayed at the Oasis Beach Tower. The apartements are really big, they have everything you need in them. The view is good (hoping the new complex which will be built in front will not spoil it too much).
Pity that the Wifi is only on certain floors.
The Thyme restaurant serves really good food. The staff is friendly and that is not often found in Dubaï!
I truely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view with balcony and top floors.
1  Thank Sabineb25

Dear Sabineb25,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the apartment’s size and the view. I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to our very own Thyme restaurants, as well as to my team who looked after you.

I am also pleased to update you that we are currently undergoing an upgrade to our internet services, as we appreciate the importance of this facility.