“Loved the Oasis Beach Tower”

JA Oasis Beach Tower
Ranked #56 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We cannot say enough about the Oasis Beach Tower Apartments. We stayed on the 45th floor and the view of Dubai and the beach were fantastic. The apartment was spacious, appointed with modern and quality furnishings, and they provided a variety of items for your stay (complimentary). We had access to all of the facilities of the Oasis Beach Hotel. Location is on the new Marina walk, which has access to restuarants, coffee shops and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Energy13

Reviewed 17 June 2008

This was our second visit to the Oasis Beach Hotel but this time we were upgraded to the Tower.

There are three different levels of room available - Deluxe, Superior and Premium. We were upgraded to the best level - Premium, it was absolutely amazing! The view from the 41st floor is fantastic especially in the evening.

The apartment has everything you could possibly need - washing machine, dryer, iron, board, stocked fridge, coffee machine, Elemis toiletries, 2 flatscreen tv's, Bose sound system, butler service, VIP lounge - anything you could name it was there.

The tower probably isn't for people who are not too good with heights as the lifts are glass and you can see straight down!

We would definately go back to the tower.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike-Lyndsay
Reviewed 10 June 2008

stayed before in the oasis beach hotel and this time went back with friend and stay in a 4 bedroom apartement it was simply amazing the quality of the comodation and the service overall the best place i have ever stay i will be back.
best views of the gulf

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2008

We have just returned from a 5 night stay here (June 2008) and I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a quality apartment to stay in.

The tower is situated in the Marina which is undergoing constant construction but that doesn't detract from very smartly appointed and furnished apartments.

We had a 2 bedroom deluxe apartment on the 11th floor, to the side of the tower so there was a partial view of the beach/sea. I would suggest asking for a sea view apartment if possible.

The staff were helpful and the service was absolutely fine. There are a number of restaurants, shops etc within the tower complex.

If you need a taxi, don't reserve one through the front desk as that results in a private hire 4x4 being booked which is more expensive (e.g., fare to the Burj al Arab is approx. 40dhs which is almost 2x more than the regular fare). There is a taxi rank outside the front to the right hand side so just wait there and jump in a regular cab.

There was a 1000dhs & 1500dhs pre-authorisation deposit for the restaurants/bars and room respectively so make sure you have sufficient credit clearance on your card. The card doesn't get charged but they need to know if you have sufficient credit in case.

The apartment was impeccably clean, spacious and very tastefully furnished - we're talking dark woods & natural light colours. Our apartment had 2 en suite bedrooms, massive living / dining room, a large fully equipped kitchen, a toilet off the hallway, a laundry room and another toilet off the laundry room.

The tower is twinned with the Oasis Beach Hotel directly opposite, which affords complimentary access to the private beach.

Overall, a great place to stay and superb value.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank moomin_papa
Reviewed 24 April 2008

Even though we only had a Deluxe (i.e. basic!) apartment, it was huge and well equipped.
We had a couple of problems with 'lost in translation' - e.g. the complimentary bus only goes from the Hotel, not the Tower.
We were pleased to get a welcome package of food.
I'm not sure I would recommend the Tower once the Hotel closes, as being able to use their beach was a plus - free towel use and lots of sunbeds. However, the Hotel restaurants weren't very good for veggies, so we went to Waggamama's on the 1st floor of the Tower twice. There's also a cafe up there (Champs Elysee), which isn't advertised and we discovered a bit late - however, we got a couple of cheap takeaway pizzas there on our last evening.
There is a handy small supermarket in the Tower mall, too.
I bet the Tower was fantastic before it started to get hemmed in by Jumeirah Beach Resort - the building work goes on all night, so I would recommend this apartment for someone who wants lots of space, most mod-cons, but not a quiet time!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank chocsmoke
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My friends and I stayed in the Oasis Beach Tower apartments. The apartment was very spacious and nice and each room had an ensuite bathroom with ample space and great sea views but that was all that good about it. The service was the worst I have experienced . To start with, we paid for a hotel car to pick us up from the airport, after waiting for almost an hour and after numerous phone calls, it emerged that the driver, picked up the wrong group!!!I do not know if it is because most menial jobs in Dubai are handled by people who are probably paid poorly. On all occassions when we ordered room service, our orders were always mixed up and the staff continously argued with us about what we ordered. The staff did not have a clue about anything. We were meant to board a hotel shuttle that takes you to a point where we could get the city bus tour. On arriving at the hotel reception, we were told that the bus was not due for another 20minutes even though they had given us a timetable. Just as we were about to head back to our rooms, we saw the bus almost leaving and we had to run for it or else we would have missed it and the next one was not due for another hour.

To cap it all off, on checking out of the apartment, my visa card was swiped and i was told that the transaction did not go through and my card was not working. My friend had to pay on my behalf. Imagine my shock when I arrived back home to the UK, only to find out that almost 800 pounds had been taken out of my account. Upon numerous calls to the hotel, where they were rude, arrogant and nonchalant, the money is still yet to be reimbursed. I had to involve my bank. BE WARNED, OASIS BEACH TOWER APARTMENT IS THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED. The only consolation is that Dubai has a lot to offer and I shall definitely be returning but not to the same apartment.

Stayed: March 2008
6  Thank Nawao
wpchf, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Dear Nawao,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor, which we appreciate all feedback in order to continually improve our services.

I would like to thank you for your very positive words regarding to the size and facilities of apartments as well as the amazing views.

I was however disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with a few areas during your stay with us. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused when you stayed, and I am confident that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to hope to welcome you back to Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

William Harley-Fleming

Reviewed 17 March 2008

Booked the Oasis Beach Hotel through an agent in Dublin. Arrived at the hotel and told we were being up-graded to the Oasis Tower Apartments. My husband, daughter, her partner and our 4 year old grand daughter. We had a 4-bedroomed superior apartment on the 37th floor, wow!! It was superb, fantastic view etc, the apartment had excellent fittings and free goodies in the fridge plus tea and coffee, sweets, chocolate, nuts, pasta etc. We had booked half board in the hotel so we had dinner most nights in the Oregano restaurant, the food was excellent and the 4 year old had her fillet steak every time. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool facilities at the tower and hotel were very good for the child. This was our first time in Dubai and we all enjoyed it immensely. The shopping malls are just out of this world. There is a tremendous amount of building going on but this did not detract from the holiday in any way.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family