“Family Holiday no place better that OBT”

JA Oasis Beach Tower
Ranked #55 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
London, England, United Kingdom
“Family Holiday no place better that OBT”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our Third stay at OBT, again everything was just perfect. We were on the 36 floor, views excellent, All members of staff really nice and professional, I would like to make a special thank you to Syed Ashar in Main reception for going the extra mile each time he was requested upon and Glenn in Citrus by the pool for his great service and the life Guards by the pool who were great with my children (please thank them all).

I would recommend this to anyone with a family as Its the ideal location with the face lifted Walk makes the evening stroll with the family even more pleasurable with a even wider choice of good restaurants.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Imran K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Oasis Beach Tower.

As our returning guest, I was delighted to read your positive response following your stay with us, l and I was happy to know that you would recommend us to other travelers. Please allow me to thank you for your positive remarks about the excellent views that you experienced from your apartment, as well as the hotel’s accessible location along The Walk.

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests, and I was pleased to read your kind words about my entire team which I do very much appreciated. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Torsten Obermann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We have just returned from 8 nights at the JA Oasis Beach Tower. We were on the 43rd floor, in a large 3 bedroom appartment, ideal for 5 of us. The appartment was very comfortable and the general facilities on offer made our stay easy and hassle free. Things to note when staying:

- There is a large, fully equipped gym in the other tower opposite. Very easy access and you
can exercise whilst looking over the beach.

- You can take the hotel towels to the beach + a parasol.

- The pool gets a mixture of sun and shade throughout the day as the surrounding towers
provide shade. Very welcome and a nice breeze at mid-day

- The beach front has recently been revamped and many new restaurants are opening up.
Loads of choice and top quality food and drink available right on the beach

If you are looking for an option to stay as a family and need a change from the larger chain hotels, this is a very good option.

Room Tip: There was no noise at all on the 43rd floor...if you want good sleep quality, try and book a higher...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear DavidRebecca,

Creating memories is one of our core values to making a difference and lasting experiences for all our guest and I was delighted to read your very positive review which clearly reflects this. Please allow me to thank you for your positive remarks about the hotels apartments which you have kindly mentioned were large and very comfortable, the facilities available such as the gym and swimming pools; which I was glad you had the chance to visit as well as the hotels accessible location to the beach.

I would like to once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Booked a two bedroom apartment. Stayed on 41st floor - highest one with a balcony. Plenty of complimentary food on arrival in fridge and four bottles of free water every day. 10 free items of laundry per day and all returned within 24 hours. Excellent. Beach towels provided and sun umbrellas Hotel pool gets caught by shade from nearby towers in the afternoon but beach is just across the road, although not that peaceful due to construction opposite the hotel. Only 15 mins walk to the metro station and metro is very cheap and efficient but so are local taxis. Buffet breakfast extensive. Hotel suited for families needing apartments rather than hotel rooms

Room Tip: Go as high as you can afford
Dear Wendy0207,

It was indeed a pleasure to read your review and I was happy to know that we met your expectaiton regarding your apartment allocation. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotels laundry service which you have kindly mentioned was excellent, the welcome pack that you received upon arrival, the beach and pool amenities as well as the hotels accessible location which you felt was great.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Andy from luxury trips booked us into this hotel on a last minute thing. She got us in a week before flying for the Easter holidays, when everything was booked. I went with my 3 kids and my husband. My oldest being Autistic I had to find somewhere that was child friendly and would accommodate my sons needs. Andy found us the perfect hotel, Ja Oasis Beach Towers. Before flying out, I looked at their website and was ok with what she got us, but the site doesn't give it justice. When we got into our deluxe 2 bed apartment we were so pleased and the kids instantly felt at home. It had everything I needed. It had a superb kitchen, washing machine n dryer, everything you have in a kitchen, a massive lounge with tv, DVD, radio, very spacious bedrooms and en suites, beautiful views of the beach... I could go on and on. The service was excellent and staff were really helpful. We had breakfast there every day which was fantastic, such a range and variety to suit all. The staff were fantastic too. Room service was excellent too and very prompt. Having a severely autistic child is hard work, but the hotel staff did everything to accommodate our needs. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and hopefully to go back there next year.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SummayaIslam
Dear SummayaIslam,

At JA Oasis Beach Tower, we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests and I was extremely pleased to read your very detailed and positive review with regards to your stay. I am also happy to know that you felt at home the moment you arrived and that you would as well recommend us to other travelers. I do appreciate your kind words about the apartment’s bedrooms which you have kindly mentioned were very spacious, the lounge area which you found to be massive, the beautiful views of the beach, the superb and well equipped kitchen as well as the excellent service that you received which you felt was fantastic. I was also glad to know that you had a chance to visit our very own Thyme restaurant.

It was also truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, whom you felt were fantastic, helpful and did everything to accommodate your needs. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We just returned from a family holiday to Dubai and had a very good stay at the JA Oasis Beach Tower. The two best selling points are:

1. The Location. It is in the middle of the newly finished JBR/The Walk, which is filled with wonderful places to eat, a beautiful beach, hotels (the Hilton, Ritz Carlton and Meridien), outdoor cinema, kids splashpool, swanky beach club (Meyden) and loads more. There is, in my opinion, no better location than this in the whole of Dubai; it has a really great feel to it.

2. The size of the apartment. We booked a superior 3 bedroom apartment for 5 adults and 1 baby. There was heaps of space. The lounge is an excellent size and the kitchen well equipped. Each room was really spacious and there was 1 additional en-suite and 1 good storage room. We also had a balcony. If you have a baby that needs a highchair you will have to take your own.

Otherwise: the onsite grocery store is great, staff are friendly but not completely efficient, the place is spotless, the free shuttle bus is ok (the taxis are so cheap it makes little difference when you balance it against timings etc) and the JA Beach Resort nice (if a little dated and in not a great environment (heavy sea dredging sites are the view from the beach)).

The receptionist on check-in really pushed a breakfast package claiming it was very expensive outside of the apartments. This is not the case; there are great deals and heaps of options for breakfast for every budget outside of the apartment.

Whilst I would stay at the apartment again there are just a few things to consider:

1. There is heaps of construction going on in the area (and the rest of dubai) and there is a whopping hotel currently going up directly in front of the hotel. This means that all the rooms overlook the building site in front of the beach. You can hear the construction at the pool and in your room (we were floor 19). Also, I would be concerned that in the future my view of the beach etc would be obscured by the new building so I would check before I booked again.

2. The pool has no sunshine after 2.15pm (this was in April so will change throughout the day), so if you like to be in the sun you have to go to the beach, the JA Beach resort or a beach club.

3. The apartments don't have a sun bed area at the beach which means you are either on the sand or you have to go to a beach club.

I would absolutely go back to Dubai after having a fantastic week and I would definitely stay in this location again.

Room Tip: You may get less noise from the construction and nightclubs on higher floors so request this.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Kate H,

It was lovely to read your review and I was happy to know that overall you had a very good stay. I appreciate your kind words about the apartment’s size in particular the lounge area and the rooms which you found to be spacious, the well equipped kitchen, the complimentary shuttle bus as well as the hotels accessible location which you felt was wonderful.

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests and I can assure you that your feedback and concerns in some areas that you have pointed out during your stay are welcomed and has been shared with the management team for review. I have also noted your feedback about the construction work which is being carried out opposite the hotel as well as the shade at the swimming pool, which is unfortunately beyond our control; however, I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We do also embrace the importance of recognising our associates needs and successes and I appreciate your kind words about my entire team; whom you felt were friendly and who are also known for delivering a heartfelt hospitality. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to JA Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were welcomed with fresh juice and very friendly staff on arrival. From the moment we checked in to check out everything was perfect.

I would say this hotel is as exactly what it says on the tin.

We booked a family suite we had 3 bedrooms all on suite kitchen and living area.

The balcony was a little bit small for us all (5)

Room Tip: Ask for a suite that overlooks the sea it has a beautiful view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Ayishagirl,

As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I was pleased to learn that you had received a warm welcome from my team, and that you indeed had a perfect stay from the moment you arrived until your departure.

Your kind words about my entire team were very much appreciated, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The rooms are large and comfortable and the staff are experienced . Thank you to Kumraaj !!!The location is great , even the best in Dubai . Just 30 meters to beach and 5 min walk to Marina . The view is good .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Senem K,

It was very nice to read your candid review with regards to your stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive remarks about the hotel’s rooms which you have kindly mentioned were large and comfortable, the good views, as well as the hotel’s accessible location to the beach and the Marina area.

We embrace the importance of recognising our associates needs and successes, therefore, I appreciate your kind words about my entire team, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.