“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #54 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at the Oasis Beach Tower for 4 nights at the end of April. Last month my husband and I stayed at the Ocean View hotel down the road but returned to Dubai for our sons 21st birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary with our 3 grown up children and my sons girlfriend.
We chose the Oasis Beach Tower this time as we could all be in the same accommodation and the reviews were excellent.
We were NOT disappointed!
We arrived at 9am and could not check in until 3pm, so they gave us an apartment to change in with a lovely breakfast all laid out.
We got into our 3 bed apartment on 24th floor, room 2404 at 3pm. It was lovely! The bedrooms were huge, with ensuite bathrooms and fantastic wardrobe areas. It also had a luggage room and a maids room with another bathroom, a separate cloakroom, a very well equipped kitchen with tea, coffee, cereal, eggs, bread, orange juice etc and a huge lounge with a lovely balcony.
It was spotless.
We had breakfast included very morning which was very good.
The staff could not do enough for us and on our sons birthday and our anniversary, we arrived back in the early evening to a birthday cake and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.
I would thoroughly recommend these apartments, we had a wonderful stay here although they are building in front and we could hear the building work whilst on the balcony and I don't know what it will be like when the building work in front is much higher and complete.

Room Tip: The higher the better, with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear elizabethh,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at JA Oasis Beach Tower.

At JA Oasis Beach Tower we are recognized for our unique blend of heartfelt hospitality and casual luxury and I was happy to read from your review that this was indeed the case. I was equally delighted to know that you received a warm welcome and also enjoyed lovely breakfast. I do appreciate your kind words with regards to your stay in a couple of areas where you have pointed out and in particular the facilities and amenities available which you found to be lovely.

We are also committed to creating memorable and lasting impressions to our guest experiences and I would like to personally congratulate you on your 30th wedding anniversary and I also wish your son a happy belated birthday. I am also glad to know that you would thoroughly recommend us to other travelers following you wonderful stay with us.

Your kind words about my entire team were very much appreciated, and I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Torsten Obermann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Lagos
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It was my third time in OBT, was there with my family for the Easter holiday from the 15th to the 22nd of April. We got upgraded to a 4 bedroom apartment cos the 3 bedroom we booked was not on the 30th floor and we wanted a high floor. That was awesome! It had the best view of the marina.

The only negative I had on this trip was the "chill zone" be careful when u take your kids there especially young kids. My son was signed in to play, after an hour he wanted to go back to the room. The rule was that the minder there call the apartment for someone to come take him and that person had to know the password for security purposes.

But this particular minder refused to call the room and sent my adventurous, wandering and excitable 9yr old off alone, refusing to call the room. Even when the hotel says kids are not allowed in the lift alone.

That was a very irresponsible thing to have done, things happen, bad people lurk around everywhere, kids get missing, this singular act spoilt my stay in OBT.

Overall, the rooms are clean, spacious, but be aware of the incompetent minders at the chill zone, you don't want to go on a holiday and come back home one kid short!!!!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tyralagos
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Tyralagos,

As our returning guest, I was pleased to know that you decided to stay with us during the recent Easter holiday season. I do also appreciate your kind words about our spacious apartments with an awesome view.

I was extremely disappointed to have learned of your unfortunate experience and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused on this occasion, and please rest assured that our guests’ safety and security especially for our little ones is of paramount importance to us. I personally would like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and I can assure you that necessary steps have been taken in order to avoid a similar reoccurrence in the future. In case you further need to discuss your concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly on generalmanager.obt@jaresorts.com and I will be more than happy to assist you.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you and your family back to JA Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed for one week in April 2014. The apartment is perfectly equipped and tastefully decorated.
The apartment had approx. 240sqm with three bedrooms. Space was not an issue.
Service was also excellent and great customer service of the personnel. The apartment was very well maintained.
The location was great with walking access to the beach and all restaurants and bars from the Marina area.
The building is incredible with nice views, the views from the elevators are stunning facing the Marina and we had great views to the beach and Palm Jumeirah.
I can only recommend this apartment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AcidFreak
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear AcidFreak,

Our underlying principle is to be recognised for our heartfelt hospitality and I was happy to know that you received an excellent service which reflects our values. I was also glad to know that you would recommend us to other travellers. I do appreciate your kind words about the hotel apartments which you have kindly mentioned were very well maintained and tastefully decorated, perfectly equipped with nice views of the beach, the palm and the Marina as well as the hotels location which you found to have a great access of the walk and the Marina area.

I would like to once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Oasis Beach Tower in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We are a family of six so the three bed apartment was just perfect for us ... Lots of space and very comfortable ... Breathtaking views if the gulf every morning...great pool to cool off ... Great restaurants and cafe on JBR you are spoilt for choice really... Will b back but may try the new tower coming up Infront of the oasis towers!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sophiehammoudeh
Dear Sophiehammoudeh,

It was a great pleasure to read your very candid and honest review and I was also pleased to know that you had a memorable holiday with us. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words about the hotel apartments which you found to be spacious and very comfortable, the views of the gulf which you have kindly mentioned were breathtaking as well as the hotels accessible location. I was also delighted to know that you had a chance to visit the swimming pool area which you felt was great.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to JA Oasis Beach Tower in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

London
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here for 9 nights over the Easter break. We took time deciding where to stay and were not disapointed with our choice. We arrived at the hotel at about 10pm, which was not a problem. Our bags were collected from the taxi and taken to our room, a nice refreshing drink, dates and biscuits were very elcome whilst we checked in.

We were on the 37th floor, which gave us access to the Premium Lounge - if you have this it is worth a visit or two each day for a cold drink, coffee/tea and snack. Our room was 2 bedroom, the "maids" room was great for getting rid of the suitcases which normally end up in the corners of a room somewhere! Each room was en-suite with a seperate toilet also. Brilliant view from the balcony.

The staff were so friendly - always having a smile and "hello".

The kitchen was large and very well equipped - although we only used the oven on one day. There are so many places to eat on the JBR Walk, you won't need to cook! Breakfast was a very large buffet serving cooked breakfast, continental breakfast, fruit, yoghurst, cereal, curry and rice(!), pancakes, bread and pastries - so I'm sure even the fussiest of eaters would find something they like! We stayed on a B&B basis, so not sure what the cost is on a PAYG basis.

There is a snall supermarket on the ground floor at the back of the hotel, along with a few other shops. The pool is small and in the shade a lot of the time - but to be hoest with the temperatures so high, the shade is a relief. Lifeguards are on duty, towels available. Husband used the gym which is found in the residential tower. The Wi-fi worked fine in the main room, but not so good if you moved too far away from the router.

The room was cleaned every day, and turn down service with choccies a real bonus!

Get the Entertainer Vouchers (Waitrose in the Dubai Marina Mall) - we saved £365 after the £65 cost of it on food and trips - Yellow Boats, Ferrari World, Wild Wadi.

The only downside, at the moment, is the construction work. Hotel at the front and hotel/tram line at the back. Just makes it a bit noisy, but didn't spoil the holiday at all.

Room Tip: Request high room Request sea/marina view
1 Thank UkVen
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear UKVen,

It was nice to read your very candid and detailed review with regards to your stay with us and I was very pleased to know that you received a warm welcome where you were served with the welcome refreshments and snacks whilst checking in which truly reflects our value of giving all our guests a heartfelt hospitality. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words about the hotel apartments, the large and well-equipped kitchens, the premium lounge facilities as well as the views from the balcony which you found to be brilliant. I was also glad to know that you had a chance to visit our swimming pool area, the gym as well as our very own Thyme restaurant.

I have also noted your feedback about the WIFI facilities as well as the construction work which is being carried out opposite the hotel, which is unfortunately beyond our control; however, I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed for 8 nights in April 2014 on the 45th floor.
Accommodation was MASSIVE - 2 large en suite bedrooms, fully equpped kitchen, utility, 2 separate toilets, living room with TV, CD, DVD...

The apartment was absolutely immaculate throughout our stay.

Nice welcome pack when we arrived (very late, so this was useful).

Check in was easy and swift.

Concierge staff were BRILLIANT.

We had a great view of the beach and marina from our room - there was another tower going up on the marina side, but, hey, this is Dubai - it didn't detract at all, in my opinion.

I loved the pool and so did the kids - the fact that it is breasy and (sometimes) in shade is a blessing, otherwise it would get too hot. In any event, the breeze was lovely and warm.

Good breakfast with plenty of variety.

Brilliant location - a few minutes to the beach, tonnes of restaurants.

Cheap cab fair to the malls, etc.

100% recommended.

1 Thank hassan2112
Dear hassan2112,

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests and we are also committed to making a difference as well as delivering a memorable and unforgettable experiences and I was glad that this was made possible following your recent review. I would like to personally thank you for all your positive remarks about the hotel and the apartment which you have kindly mentioned were spacious, the bedrooms which you found to be large, the well-equipped kitchens, the hotels accessible location which you felt was brilliant as well as the great views of the beach and the Marina.

I am also extremely happy to know that you highly recommend our hotel and I am equally pleased to learn that you experienced a warm welcome. I do appreciate your kind words about the welcome pack that you received upon arrival and I am glad to learn that you had a chance to visit our swimming pool area which you loved, the breakfast served at our very own Thyme restaurant which you found to be good with lot of choices.

It was also genuinely moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who attended after you in particular the Concierge team, whom you felt were brilliant. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I wondered whether this would live up to my expectations after reading so many good reviews on the JA oasis but it definately lived up to our expectations...we were on the 46th floor in a 3 bed apartment which was huge and immaculately clean- perfect for a family with 2 teenagers who both like there own space. Liked the beach packs but feel the pool area lets the hotel down a bit as it looks dated and cramped-but the beach is literally across the road...the main problem is the traffic on the walk but if you walk up to the top road much easier to get in a taxi here and jump out here on way back- also we had to use the name Al Fattan towers as NO taxis recognised the JA Oasis name! All in all a very nice apart-hotel with great service and a fab location but for the price you are paying I would have expected no less to be honest...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Torsten O, General Manager at JA Oasis Beach Tower, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear 67Oanna_lucia,

It was a great pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to know that we managed to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel apartments which you have kindly mentioned were nice, huge and immaculately clean, the service that you received which you felt was great, as well as the accessible location of the hotel. I have also noted your feedback about the swimming pool area and this has been shared with the management team, and I would also like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.