“Average Hotel with average amenities”

Al Jawhara Gardens Hotel
Ranked #313 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for one night on our transit from Bangkok. Coming here from a fancy hotel, we just didn't like it that much. Looking at how much we paid for one night, it was way overpriced. Just like everything else in Dubai.
The only upside was the hotel staff, they were very nice and welcoming.
the building looks and feels old, the room was small.
we had our 2 year old daughter with us, who hurt her eye against one of the lamps that were attached to the bed, if you're a big person, you might get hurt when trying to wake up, not very well designed room.

Room Tip: Better stay at Ibis or Novotel, or any other known Chain for that matter!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Its extremely close to airport (10 mins drive) and to deira city center mall as well as the metro station so thats a plus.

Restaurant is decent.

Rooms are ok, a bit on the old side though and the property itself is quite weary.

Check-out took 30 minutes.

2/5 all in all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank FindingNeverland
Reviewed 10 December 2013

despite at my arrival there was some problem with my reservation via booking.com, maybe because I had made just 10 hours before, they used to be able to find me a room anyway, during the time spent waiting they offered me a juice fruit. The property is a classic big chain hotel, rather informal, but the rooms are clean and spacious with every kind of comfort, at this price I think it's impossible to find anything better. The staff were courteous and polite also gave me a hand to arrange my movements in town. I would definetly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2013

i spent 3 night here.
rooms: clean & nice
staffs: kind & helpful
breakfast & lunch: wonderful & different
access to subway: 10 mins by feet
access to city towers: 30 mins by subway or cab
transportation services: not so bad
pool and gym:small & useless
no club & quite.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ali R
Reviewed 24 November 2013

i stayed in this hotel in 2012(march) with my friends . we selected apartment rooms .
hotel is in very good location . about 3 minutes by walk to dubai city center and 5 mintues by wlk to day to day shop . breakfast was good . rooms are comfort and clean . services are acceptable. .hotel have not any bar and this very good because you can sleep very good . compare to the other hotel in this class this is a very good choice to stay in this hotel .

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Reza T
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

It was a very good hotel.
Despite bad comments I have heard about this hotels I went there. It was very good.
Although there was no glass bathroom or a big one but it was clean and neat.
The staff behaved wonderful. I didn't pay any deposit because they always trust the customer.
Yhe food was good. And the view as well
Most of all is the service which was excellent. It is a very good 4star hotel.
I recommen this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Sorry but each time I entered the hotel,my stomach was turning down with the scents which are regularly used in lobby. Maybe a lot of people from Asia would love that smell but it was extremely disturbing for me. I heard that the inhouse rest was famous for asianfood but didnt try . Elevators were not cooled down by AC which was a pain. Overall the room was clean, was not smelling, bathroom was not bad. I will not try it again just because of the smell in the lobby.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business