“Good if you are on a tight budget”

Smana Hotel Al Riqa
Ranked #421 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The hotel was under construction when we stayed there. This basis there was slot of debris all over the lobby and bar area upstairs. Whilst the construction seemed to go on through the day and night, there was no noise at all when in the room.

The food was not good at all, but maybe because we went during the Ramadhan period so leftovers served during the day.

The hotel location is located near the airport which is good for late night arrivals or early morning departures. For shopping, the hotel is too far away from the main shopping malls like Dubai festival city or dubai mall. That said, the taxi system works quite efficiently and the hotel can organize one even short notice.

The hotel has free wifi which you have to request for from the reception.

The hotel service is of acceptable levels for a 3 star hotel. I would recommend this hotel for anyone on a shoestring or on a short shopping trip where all one needs is a place to sleep.

I forgot to add the hotel rooms are quite spacious and there is tv with a number of good channels.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed 7 June 2011

I found this Hotel by price and location could not be faulted ,if I wanted 5-7 stars, I'd be paying 5-7 star prices ...Indian run , friendly enough staff ,when you get talking to them . Good Bar service , the food was what I expected ,however , some people didnt like the "foreign" food which was on offer ,more Eastern than European ,I had no problems with it or the staff .At the price you only get what you pay for .
The rooms were spotless, comfortable, and of a good standard for the cost.The small pool on the roof is just about enough to get wet in , adequate . Its in walking distance to the Creek , and water taxi stations , fish round about and the shopping mall are 5 mins walk ..The Fish Market is well worth a trip to see

Room Tip: free mini bus to the beach ...majority choice on
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Do not be decieved by the pictures, having stayed for 7 nights the cleanliness, food, service, and even the size of the Hotel is not upto he standard of a 3 star hotel (purely my opinion). Fitness centre was very very basic with very few facilities (2 pre-dated jogging machines, some dumbells, and bench press). The only positive was the location is good, everything was a quick taxi ride away. Also they have their own activity/entertainment agents who proved useful.. we went on the desert safari, Dhowl boat ride and the Burj tour guide all which are recommended (but is quite pricey!).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tojamul
Reviewed 22 November 2009

I have been twice in this hotel because my travel agency works with them and I was not able to plan for my travel. The staff simply ignore your requests for anything(even a wake up call is considered as extra service). In my first travel(october 2008), I arrived at night and the transportation to hotel arrived late at the airport. Then they gave me a room in the 2nd floor. I did not know that there are two discos in the first floor and I could not sleep until 4 AM because of the disco's sound. The next time(aug 2009) I asked for a room in upper floors and they gave me one in 5th floor. I was naked in my room shaving when some guy entered my room with one of the hotel stuff. I was really shocked. The reception had given him the same room as mine. I do not know how it can happen!!!! They did not come for transportation and I took a taxi.
The food was good in my first trip but in the second, it was spicy. Furthermore the restaurant was full if you were a little late and you should stay in the lobby while others are eating (there is not enough couches in the lobby). Fish and chips was only chips and nobody cared to fill the fish dish again. Very bad service when they are a little busy.

Their English is terrible and you can hardly understand what they say. I do not recommend it to anybody. Go to another 3 star hotel. This time I am going to Ibis (2 stars) but I won't go to Fortune again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank JohnOpposite
Reviewed 12 November 2009

This is at a very convinient location at Diera area. The facilities are very good. Food is very delicious. Value for money hotel. The management staff is very cooperative. The pool side area is very good at top floor. Majority of Staff is either Indians or Pakistanis. Some of them are also from Bangladesh. Totally Its good time.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RohitMBangalore
Reviewed 17 October 2009

avoid at any cost. They don't have safety deposit boxes in the rooms and they have them in the reception backroom instead. The boxes don't have combination locks, they have keys and hotel holds a spare key to all the boxes. Hotel staff opened my box and stole 1000 dhs out of it but I couldn't prove anything. The bathrooms have sewage problems and stink. Hotel staff are very very unfriendly. Food is horrible! A complete scam. Don't risk it. Email me for more info: [--]

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank navGVancouver_Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I stayed at Fortune hotel in 2005, with my husband, and was very suttisfied . Therefore this year, I decided to book the same hotel.
I am very happy I did this, was very happy with the assistance, of the entire hotel, reception,breakfast room,service.Room was clean and tidy.any extra I needed people were happy to serve .
I had my little baby with me, 11 months, and everyone was very helpfull and kind
Hotel area is very good,only 2 minutes walk you can find supermarket, macdonalds,nandos,burger king, pizza restaurants,starbucks,restaurants.
I will definately use the same hotel during my next visit to Dubai.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family