“Medium class budget hotel. Located near the Metro”

Ramee Guestline Deira Hotel
Ranked #497 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Doha, Qatar
“Medium class budget hotel. Located near the Metro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Other than the location, nothing fancy about this property. Outdated rooms and interiors. Price is AED 275 for a single room. Had agreed for free internet, but never as usual worked during my two nights stay. Very punctual on checking out, the hotel is below 50% occupancy but on the day of checkout at sharp 12 noon, we got call from the reception asking to check out immediately.

The bed room and bathroom decor decor is outdated. Tiles and carpet broken. Wooden skirting is missing.
WIFI does not work, while informed, reception staff mentioned that she is helpless and nothing could be done.

Stayed this hotel because it is two stops away from the airport and close to our Dubai office. However, from next time we will not stay here again.

As per the hotel, the price offered is corporate, but a walk in guest also get the same price.....funny it is

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Ajesh K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Visited this place out of option during Gulf Food exhibtion..stayed fo 4 nights. Reception staff is weird..at times you find the bell boy at the reception. Room service is pathetic..god knows why but they never provide towels after cleaning the rooms.
Location is nice, near to Al Ghurair shopping, lot of restaurants & walking distance to metro station Al Rigga street.
No a place to stay with family..

Room Tip: pls ask for rooms on higher floor
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chirag1978
England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

- No towels provided and we had to ask everytime we need towels, but the basic shampoo, bodywash and moisturiser were provided.
-No water when i wanted to take a shower!! HOW CAN THAT BE!
-Airconditioner stopped working in the middle of the night. very hot.
-Room was still cleaned & doorbell rang despite the "no disturb sign"
-Paid for the whole apartment but kitchen was locked as it could not be used. when we asked for it to be opened, they took ages to do so, and when opened, it was dirty and clogged.
-Some employees were rude and unprofessional and they keep your passport. dangerous.
-No free internet, have to pay 45 dirhams for 24 hours, for just one person to use.
-Sinks were blocked for two our of three toilets.
-Breakfast downstairs was decent. Room service was slow but stays until 11pm, which was good. but usually they did not bring change and they had our order wrong once
-Dirty toilets but fair cleanliness for the bedrooms and living room apart from being slightly dusty and most wardrobe not working properly. But otherwise comfy bed.
-Can hear loud thumps from the bar downstairs and i was sleeping on the 5th floor. imagine sleeping on 1st/2nd floor!

Avoid if you can.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pip102

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Muscat, Oman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

My recent experience at this hotel apartment, during the EID holidays in October 2012, was nothing short of a nightmare. Despite its strategic location--- the concept of service, cleanliness and courtesy, a vital ingredient for a successful hospitality business, was totally missing. Rooms were infested with pests, the customary tea/coffee sachets which are found in most hotel apartments missing. The kettle and microwave oven had to be replaced. The flush tank and the geyser had to literally repaired after our checking in. So much for the management efficiency. Literally had to persuade, cajole and fight to get the rooms cleaned and maintained to some standard. Future travelers to this property, check and embark.

Room Tip: Nothing to say in particular. There are alternatives to choose from.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mona2910
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Average hotel close by the metro station which makes this hotel good value for money. Pleanty of shops and food outlets nearby. Airport is 10mts by cab and 5mts by metro.
Average breakfast, decent rooms.
No wifi is a downside.
Reception staff are not service oriented, takes pleanty if time to checkin and out....

• Stayed September 2012
Huber Heights, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Headed to Dubai for another holiday and I was able to get away a day early, so I picked this place...well, why not be honest? It was cheap. I got a 1 bedroom suite/apartment for $64 a night, including tax! And I was able to get it, pre-paid through Agoda.com, the day before I arrived.

On the plus-side:

1. The staff was very friendly.

2. The suite/apartment was HUGE! Do you hear me? It had to be at least 1000 sq feet! They locked the second bedroom, so that made mine a one bedroom. It had 2-1/2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining room, and living room.

3. There were 2 balconies with nice views.

4. It was also whisper-quiet, but I think that had more to do with it being Ramadan and all. (I didn’t even know that they had a club until I saw it on my way out the next day.)

5. Booking through Agoda.com was a breeze. The hotel had my booking, and didn’t try to charge me extra for anything.

6. I was worried about bed bugs, but I didn’t see any and none bugged me.

On the minus-side:

1. They tried to keep my passport. “Oh, we’ll give it back to you anytime you want to leave the hotel,” when I said that I was required to keep my passport with me. Isn’t that nice? Hold my passport hostage? I refused to budge. I explained to the nice lady that, “It says right here that this passport is the property of the US Government, and to only be surrendered to the ‘proper’ authorities.” She called her manager, and when she told him that I was American, and that I’d pre-paid for my room, he said OK. So everyone, just know that it is not legal, even in the UAE, for hotels to keep your passport. They can copy it or scan it (I believe they are required to do so.) to their heart’s content, but don’t let them keep it. My next course of action was to threaten to call the police. After that? I was going to tell them that I was a CIA Operative, I had just spent 8 months on a covert mission, deep-undercover inside Afghanistan, and that they didn’t want to make me mad.

2. Mold. All of the bathrooms had mold. And not just here and there, they were having a field day (See photo). There’s only one word that I have for the cleaning staff: BLEACH! But the mold was no extra charge, free in-room botanical gardens!

3. I frightened a cockroach in the bathroom in the middle of the night. But again, no extra charge.

4. The furniture was worn-out. The glass-top dining table even had a nice slab of glass knocked out of it.

5. Not one of the kitchen cabinet drawers or doors would close. It’s as if the room had flooded. But as I was on the 7th floor, I doubt it.

6. Almost no water pressure. Afghanistan has better water pressure!

7. What looked like, didn’t get too close, a spent diaper on one of the balconies. Again, no extra charge!

But for the money, I couldn’t complain too much. (OK, well maybe.) It was a last-minute deal.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Star-time
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Ramee Guestline is a Hotel in Deira with a good location but nothing else to recommend. With loud Music playing out at night ( 3 night clubs !!!) , shady "nightlife " activities , bad room service and NO soundproofing this place is a complete nightmare for a business traveller. Highlights of this sleaze bag of an hotel were an Unfriendly staff that insisted on retaining passport ( since I booked thru a web portal - but had guranteed thru a amex card ) , Staff that would ask me to make partial payments since the payable has extended 500 AED , Room service that insisted on cash against delivery & had to be told the same order thrice . Horror of horrors , someone enetered my room thru a side door at 130 AM in the night !!!!!!!!!! The staff looked numbed to such minor inconveniences faced by the guests.

I suggest please avoid this place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business