“Okay”

Ranked #413 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Okay”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here in May a family of 4 adults and one baby. The hotel is fine nothing special. We had a few issues with the refrigerator, we also complained about the room not being cleaned thoroughly everyday.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jojopagot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I used to stay in Anakheel Hotel since 2004 and up to date and some times I came to Dubai 3 times per year. My last stay was in April, 2013 for 5 days and was very nice. They had renew all the rooms and was very tidy and clean and the furniture it totally new. The location is amazing especially for someone like me who likes walking and not using the car during vacation. restaurants, malls, metro stations and cafes can be reached in just less than 10 minutes walking. Really I like the place & the location and been linked with it for many years and I cannot change to another place easily.
The only thing that I hope to see in Alnakheel is the health club. My total evaluation to the hotel is very good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MrOmer294009
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 25 April 2013

my wife and i stayed here as a stop gap beween offices and found the staff to be very helpful. we did our own food and laundry and was given a washing machine on request. the hotel prices for dry cleaning were high but the staff had recommended an outside provider to my wife to get my suites done for less than half their internal rate so great staff. the going rate for internet is 400Dhs/month but I got it for 250Dhs/month. great location as less than 100m to the shopping centre where there is supermarket, coffee shops, restaurents and a cinema. walking distance to 2 metro stations one each on each of the lines. all in all, a good place at a reasonable rate for the average traveller.
negatives - few english channels, bed (i.e mattress) rock hard

Room Tip: no frills but great location. bargain for the wifi.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

While the room was spacious and adequately furnished; the service was absolutely appalling. The man on reception could barely speak English and had no idea what he was doing. I bought 24 hours of internet access only to find that the server was down. When I asked reception if I could have a refund I was told that I should try again in half an hour (at 11pm). I didn't want to do this so asked if I could just have my money refunded and was explicitly told that I couldn't and that it was my problem that the server was down. I asked to speak to the manager and was told that he had gone home and that no one was in charge. It was only after 30 minutes of stating my consumer rights that another member of staff stepped in and refunded my money. After returning to my room, I then had a call from the original man on reception still arguing that I couldn't have my money back.
The bed in the room was also incredibly uncomfortable and the room very noisy. If you are lucky enough to have quiet neighbours that don't smoke all night (because you can hear and smell everything from the next room), then you are sure to be kept awake by the noise from the airport.
I am also sad to say that the check out experience was also problematic. I was informed that I would have to pay again because they didn't accept American Express; and after reviewing my reciept it appears that they did accept it and they had charged my card - but the owner didn't like accepting it because of the high transaction fees. I was then asked if I could contact American express to cancel the transaction and then pay again using Visa. All of this at 5am when I had a flight to catch.
I hope that my experience was purely down to one poorly trained member of staff. But if not, I would recommend that there are cheaper places to stay which could well be much more comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank rophotographs

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2010

good hotel, good location, helpful staff, walking distance from shopping centres & restaurants, easy access to transport, also nearly airport, all in all it's ideally located, i recommend this place,

this is hotel apartment so you have frig and cooking range available, do your own cooking,

grocery shopping is 5 minute walk, life becomes easy,

hotel staff is very friendly and they like to help you,

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank Khatpandwa
Pakistan
Reviewed 1 June 2007

I stayed in Al nakheel hotel and apartment for 45 days. Its the best in dubai even better experince then many 4 stars in Dubai where I stayed in last 5 years. Staff is really freindly, manager is always willing to help , rooms were clean, washrooms were clean. they were chaging the bedsheets and towels every day.negative points about this apartments that they were not offering the internet and they dont have microwave and washing machine in the apartments. but the manager told me that these things will be avalible in Some days. But the good place to live and relax.... mosque and Spinneys are just 1 min walk.. away from the apartment.. Good place to live :)

• Liked — the freindly staff
  • Disliked — no internet and microwave in room
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dubai
Icon Hotel Apartments
The Marina
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach
TIME Ruby Hotel Apartments
#23 of 79 in Sharjah

Been to Al Nakheel Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!