“Not quite as cool as the name suggests, and expensive”

Majestic Hotel Tower
Ranked #184 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here during a 15 hour layover in Dubai and found it to be merely OK.

Positives:

Check-in was quick and easy.
Friendly desk staff helped us with a local subway map and advice about what was open.
Multiple restaurants on the property (good since there is little you can get to in the area without braving the public transport system or shelling out for a longish taxi ride).
Attractive rooms and big bathrooms.

Negatives:
Shower did not work.
Bath tap spewed a noticeable amount of gritty dirt along with the water every time we used it (which is probably what clogged the shower).
At check-in the staff gave us a coupon for 2 free drinks at one of five named restaurants in the building (yay!) but when we went to use it 4/5 of them refused to take it, and the last one grudgingly gave us a dusty bottle of expired Mexican beer they had sitting around somewhere. Made us feel like bums for even pulling it out. I know, can hardly complain about a free beer... but it felt like false advertising for their in-house restaurants and was annoying.
The wake-up call system is automated. Gave a recorded confirmation that our wake-up call was scheduled. As we got back from dinner I checked with the front desk that it was in the system - and it wasn't! They said the system was broken. Thank goodness I checked or we may well have missed our morning flight.

Overall, we would have been perfectly happy with this place if it had cost under $200 US. At $350 I was expecting rather fewer downsides. Pay average prices for another another average hotel experience in the city, don't spend too much here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We arrived at 3am after an 8 hr flight. The man checking us in was the "trainee". He had no assistance from the other staff. We requested a twin room and got a double. We managed to change that, but an hour and a half to get to that stage was not good. There were 4 of us checking in and he checked us all in under the same name. I had friends elsewhere trying to contact me at the hotel, but my name wasn't listed, so we missed each other.
Definitely not enough lifts to cope with busy periods such as breakfast. Waited 25 minutes on one occasion.
The air conditioner kept making noises, but once we told them, they fixed it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is a grand 24 floors hotel.The hotel is an amazing property,though it is stated as 4star it is surely no less than a 5star.The hotel receptionists are amazing guys.24hours roomservice which was very fast and prompt.You are surely going to enjoy the hotels pool and sauna.Also the hotel is having cities one of the best music room.

there are a no. of supermarkets like spinneys and choithrams within 200 mtrs and the bus stand is only a few steps far and you can easily make it to the metro

If you are going to Dubai than this is the best hotel and you shall never regret your choice.

Room Tip: the rooms here are sound proof but take a higher room and on the side overlooking the burj to get so...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Not one of the biggest hotel but the feeling you get makes u feel international class
The lobby,interior,rooms all adds up to the class of majestic
Spacious rooms nd bathrooms
The pub of the hotels play the role of cherry on the cake
One of the best hotels
Not that expensive like other 4 star category
So worth staying in dubai

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good hotel located in Bur Dubai, easy access to Indian restaurant Kamat, Bombay Dining and Al Fahidi Metro Station. Music Room is amazing with live music...Staff are helpful and friendly. Hotel provide free shuttle to Jumeirah Beach. Overall a nice and comfortable stay...!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

In short, a great hotel. Staff are very friendly & helpful & the suite was very well presented & spacious.

The only negative aspect was that one staff member at reception refused us to take a food take-away to our room. This would be understandable if we had booked a normal room. However, we had book a suite which includes a kitchen with a gas cooker, microwave & dining table etc. Why then could we not take hot food into the room? One other issue is that there is only one elevator for the entire hotel which often necessitates waiting around for a lift.

Apart from this, this is an excellent hotel with great facilities!

Room Tip: The suite is not that much more expensive but is very spacious & well presented. Avoid food/drin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lakhani108
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I frequent many hotels in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Rarely do I vow to never return to a hotel property. However, this hotel was an exception. The furniture was dated, my room had a horrible stench, and the staff were not very welcoming. The only pros about the hotel were the corner tub and pool area. I ended up counting my loses, and staying at another hotel. I did not even return for the breakfast.

I waited a considerable amount of time to valet my car. No one was at the booth when it was time to park nor collect my car. When I entered the hotel, I was not greeted, then waited before the "manager" at the desk even acknowledged me before directing me to another associate. Apparently, there were two bookings under my name, to which they kept going to the back office to inquire about. I was asked to show my "reservation voucher" which I showed the confirmation number on my phone and e-mailed it to them. But, to no avail. Consequently, it took an hour to check in.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying here. But, if you've already booked, ask for an extra room key to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo