“If one has to ... it´s OK for the price but bad location”

Majestic Hotel Tower
Ranked #162 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Flims, Switzerland
“If one has to ... it´s OK for the price but bad location”
Reviewed 22 November 2010

The hotel itself has been described well by the previous travellers. Average 4 star with nothing special that would pop out. Nice pool, but mostly in the shadow as the sun disappears behind the high office complex next to the hotel almost all day long. 2 Elevators which becomes the more annoying the longer you stay. Breakfast was chaotic (service & food) so only went once. The first impression is a nice one, but after the time you start seeing things. Free Wireless Lan in the Lobby & the Pool if the staff gives you the passwords, it is one of the hotels that thinks earning money with providing internet in the rooms is still trendy. The location is bad. It is far away from everything. Rather book your hotel towards Jumeirah and then head out to Deira and Bur Dubai in the evening once or twice than going all the way over the city every day. Saves time and money for the cabs (they are cheap but it really adds up). A new metro line will be opened soon close to the hotel (1 block), that should help. The current metro line is 2 blocks, which represents a 20 minute walk (Blocks are bigger here than in NY). Overall the hotel is not the worst, but you can get much better ones for only a little bit more money. Ask for a high floor room with downtwon view! Now that was amazing.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank max_weber1984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2010

we stayed three nights in this hotel as a stopover on our way to Europe. The hotel is located close to the airport ( about 15mins by taxi) which was convenient. Unfortunately to get anywhere in Dubai, you seem to need a taxi so we think the location was fine. Nowhere seemed to be "ideally" located. We liked the breakfast, particularly the bircher muesli which not all hotels offer. Our son contracted the rota virus ( as we later found out in hospital) the day before we were supposed to fly to Europe and the hotel were excellent. They arranged a doctor to call. When he didn't respond to the doctor's treatment, the Night Manager called an ambulance and told us not to worry, he would keep the room open while we extended our stay. We didn't experience any problems with the lifts as I think we used them at off peak times. The only let down was the staff on reception. Check-in after a 14 hour flight was slow as was check-out. The value for money at this hotel we think was excellent.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank uniquelettersnumbers
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Great hotel in Dubai and quite good location. You have to walk about 10 min to the nearest metro station but that's ok. I had a room on the 19th floor with a fantastic with. Breakfast is continental and plenty. Small swimming pool but at least it's there. Great service by all the staff member. There's a pub called 3 barrels on level one and there's all the football you might want. The manager even showed the game that I wanted from a web site. Rooms and bed confortable, although drinks from mini fridge are expensive, especially alcool. Then I had a whole day and most of the following night to wait for my next flight and they took care of my bag for me no problem and no extra charge so that was very good. No free internet, but you can get it in the room, but no wifi so that wasnt very practical, only Ethernet connection available.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Hello, I stayed at majestic hotel for 4 nights. the room was a bit small. But the main problem was the lifts. they have only 2 lifts for the entire 30 floors and it is always crowded and alot of waitnig. also, the breakfast area is so small and it is so crowded with average food selections.
in addition I have forgotten 3 shirts and did not relise that till I opened my bags at home. Contacted them and received strange answer that only 1 is found. when I asked to do some investigation , their room manager replied rudly stating it was my mistake and we are not theifes and we know how to dress our staff nicely. I will never come back or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Ahmad_king
Crete, Greece
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We spent a week at Dubai in this hotel in a very comfortable room overlooking the city of Dubai!
Location is excellent, right in the middle of Bur Dubai and only 3 minutes walking to the Burjuman/Khalid Bin Al Waleed metro station! We had dinner at Elia Restaurant and it was amazing Greek food!
Also Tirquaz 24hours restaurant was very nice and clean! Breakfast was also served there and I really loved the fact that I could order my own custom made omelet made by a very happy cooker!!!
I didn't liked Breathers bar, but that's only because I do not like old style bars, but in any case I was amased of cleanliness!
I used Business center just to check my e-mails! Good and fast connection but I wish that it didn't close so early...
I must say that all the staff were friendly and extremely polite except the receptionists, I always had the impresion they didn't wanted to speak to clients even during check-in & check out... They did talked to us only when we wanted to book dessert safari, which means money for them...
My general impression is that this is a perfect business hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Majestic hotel is an excellent choice for staying in dubai.
The staff was polite and friendly, willing to help you with everything you need, the rooms were comfortable and cozy, the breakfast was really great and varied!
For me in terms of quality - price, quality definately wins!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank ElenaSal
Edinburgh
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I have stayed at the Majestic Hotel Dubai many times and always found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. Restaurant food reasonably priced and tasty although sometimes it can arrive not very hot.. Room service orders have to be explained in detail exactly what you require or you will get the wrong thing. ie. order marmalade you will get Jam. The swimming pool area is on average a windy raea but the sun makes up for that.. The pool is adequate in size and the staff there very pleasant. Taxis readily available, and city location excellent although it is quite far from the beach but then you can't have it both ways in a big city.10 minutes to several malls and cinemas and the current main attraction the " Burge Kalifa" currently the tallest building in the world. 10 minutes will take you to a couple of golf courses 25 minutes to the Els,the Montgomerie anr the Emiriates golf courses and the Ski centre.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo