Lowest prices for your stay
£148
Fully refundable before Tue, 5 Mar
£209
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£126
Fully refundable before Tue, 5 Mar
No booking fees
All reviews boutique hotel small hotel creek souks arabian bur
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2012

For the price I have no complain anymore.
Internet signal is very low in my room, I cannot access internet almostly.
Facilities are poor, but it is clear and the staffs are friendly.
The staffs are from S.E. Asia and S. Asia, they are helpful but no professional, anyway I thank them, they did well.

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank OMINIOCINESE
Iwan Y, General Manager at XVA Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Omniocinese,

Thank you very much for your review. I regret to hear that some facilities that did not meet your expectations.

Our wireless internet has indeed created some problems for in room use. We have now installed one extra wifi, so it will reach also inside the rooms.

Our staffs are indeed friendly and helpful. Should you have any suggestions to make them professional, please let me know. We aim to constantly improve our staffs' skills.

Have a good day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

With the help of a friendly taxi driver, and maps provided by the XVA hotel staff, I arrived very early one Saturday morning in May 2012. I was greeted with smiles and offers of breakfast, before being shown to my room.

The room was a perfect haven for the tired traveller, arriving from Australia – cool, with a airconditioning and a fan, a large, comfortable bed with lots of pillows, drinks in the fridge and magazines to read. The bathroom exceeded my expectations as well – all the luxuries of a five-star hotel, but hidden behind large, ornate timber doors.

The rooms lead out onto a leafy courtyard, with tables and chairs, and displays of work by local artists. The cafe, which is part of the hotel, has an entirely vegetarian menu, with a delicious array of food. For dinner I had the eggplant burger, which was a very satisfying meal, while still being light – perfect for the 40 degree heat. I had been strongly encouraged by others to try the mint lemonade, and it didn’t disappoint...I will be looking for a recipe so that I can make it for myself! The placemats are laminated pages of the guest book, with thanks and praise from around the world.

At breakfast the next morning, I had the pancake, which also came with pita bread and cream cheese. Before heading to the airport, I returned to the hotel from my sightseeing, for yet another mint lemonade!

I would highly recommend this hotel, and its staff, who were unfailingly friendly and helpful. I was sorry to not have time to see the gallery, but will definitely be returning on another trip!

Date of stay: May 2012
4  Thank NatashaE524
IwanYamin, General Manager at XVA Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Natasha,

I enjoyed reading your review very much and regret not to thank you earlier for this. This kind of informative review brought many travelers to our hotel.

Please pass by our hotel again as you stop over in Dubai. This will be a nice deja vu experience as nothing much has changed since you left, except the time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2012

When the taxi dropped us off coming from the airport we thought this must be a mistake: At night the area around the XVA hotel is dark and very quiet, unlike the busy streets only a few hundred meters away. The hotel itself is an oasis of quietness and "down to earthness", especially considering the hundreds of 5 star hotels all catering pretty much the same way. Styled like a traditional regional house, the rooms are located around the inner courtyard which during the day serves as the XVA Café and attracts dozens of tourists.

If you are looking to spend a few nights in one of the record breaking biggest, must luxurious, most expensive 5 star hotels, you will be disappointed by XVA. If you are looking for a laid back, hostal type of accomodation in a quiet place away from the shopping malls, this is a very nice alternative.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Felix_333

Dear Felix_333,

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and location of the hotel. It has been a year ago you were with us, I can assure you that our service and products have not changed in characters. Due to high request from our guests, we are now opening our restaurant for dinner as well.

When will we welcome you back to our hotel?

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We liked the location in the only heritage place in Dubai, and yet close to everything. The room with a nice bathroom was comfortable and charming. The breakfast was excellent, although I would appreciate more diversity. The service is great. What gives this hotel a good vibe is the art collection and the artists. If they would have a swimmingpool it would be perfect.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rita V

Dear Rita,

Thank you for taking your time writing this review. You seem to enjoy the arts exposed in our gallery. The vibe continues as Dubai art scene has gotten been flourishing the past year, with many new galleries and exhibitions. This March we will take part in Sikka Art Fair (a local initiative accompanying Art Dubai), annual art celebration in our neighborhood. Some artists will place three installations all over our hotel. It will be an exciting time.

Would this be a good reason for you to revisit Dubai and our hotel?

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very nice hotel situated in the Bastakiya district of Dubai. There are exhibitions and a nice breakfast in the cafe also open to the public. Rooms are smallish but nice and individually decorated. You will probably encounter quite a number of tourist so it is not a quiet place during daytime. The neighbourhood is fantastic, though and you are close to the old part of Dubai.

Date of stay: April 2012