Lowest prices for your stay
£148
Fully refundable before Tue, 5 Mar
£209
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£126
Fully refundable before Tue, 5 Mar
No booking fees
All reviews boutique hotel small hotel creek souks arabian bur
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My son and I recently spent 10 days in Dubai and stayed in a hotel in downtown Dubai. When we went to the Bastakia quarter for the first time, we discovered this place. It was such a nice change from the millions of people surrounding you otherwise in the malls and other places in Dubai. We ended up going there 3 times for lunch during our stay. The food is simple but delicious, with nice touches like water melon served along side your sandwich. The mint lemonade is to die for!!!!! We enjoyed the peace and quiet while eating our food in the courtyard. It also nice and shady. I loved the fact that this place is different from your average 5 star hotel and has its own character and attitude. There are nice little touches everywhere, e.g. place mats signed by former guests. Would highly recommend to visit this restaurant.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Roman K
Iwan Y, General Manager at XVA Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Mr/Mrs Roman,

We are glad that you like our restaurant very much. Our chefs are very creative and we try to offer vegetarian cuisine with a contemporary twist. In the near future you can also enjoy dinner in our restaurant. We will be adding a talented chef to our team.

Next time, please come and stay with us. We will assure a good night sleep as well.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2013

When I mentioned to Dubai residents that I'm staying in Bastakiya, nobody seems to know this place. As one step in, early morning, the staff are beaming with smiles ever willing to help despite it was holy Friday. The place gives us the feeling that we have been transported back in time. Our rooms has an authentic traditional feel and it was good that for once, we have no TV in the room. Wi-Fi is available in the courtyard. We have our daily breakfast in the courtyard - open air, lush foliage and the chirping sounds of birds...unbelievable.
Location wise, we either walk to the Abra station, where we paid only AED 1 to get to the gold souk (Deira), or walk along the lovely creek for 25mins to the Burjuman Metro station to get to Burj Khalifa, MOE etc. Around this place, there are many nice Indian restaurants. The 1st morning we arrived, we went to an Indian vegetarian restaurant for Paratha onion and methi with Masala tea for only AED 10 for 2 persons. This is really a hidden gem!!!

Room tip: Look at the rooms on the website and write directly to the staff requesting for that particular room.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear SpringySwallow,

We are delighted to read your review. Our hotel is indeed a special place in between the fast development of our city. We are also proud to be a part of the Bastakiya neighborhood which is the origin of Dubai Itself. Now it is a residence of many Indian and Pakistani families. This add to the choices of good and affordable food in our area.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends to our hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 4 October 2012

For the price I have no complain anymore.
Internet signal is very low in my room, I cannot access internet almostly.
Facilities are poor, but it is clear and the staffs are friendly.
The staffs are from S.E. Asia and S. Asia, they are helpful but no professional, anyway I thank them, they did well.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank OMINIOCINESE

Dear Omniocinese,

Thank you very much for your review. I regret to hear that some facilities that did not meet your expectations.

Our wireless internet has indeed created some problems for in room use. We have now installed one extra wifi, so it will reach also inside the rooms.

Our staffs are indeed friendly and helpful. Should you have any suggestions to make them professional, please let me know. We aim to constantly improve our staffs' skills.

Have a good day.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

With the help of a friendly taxi driver, and maps provided by the XVA hotel staff, I arrived very early one Saturday morning in May 2012. I was greeted with smiles and offers of breakfast, before being shown to my room.

The room was a perfect haven for the tired traveller, arriving from Australia – cool, with a airconditioning and a fan, a large, comfortable bed with lots of pillows, drinks in the fridge and magazines to read. The bathroom exceeded my expectations as well – all the luxuries of a five-star hotel, but hidden behind large, ornate timber doors.

The rooms lead out onto a leafy courtyard, with tables and chairs, and displays of work by local artists. The cafe, which is part of the hotel, has an entirely vegetarian menu, with a delicious array of food. For dinner I had the eggplant burger, which was a very satisfying meal, while still being light – perfect for the 40 degree heat. I had been strongly encouraged by others to try the mint lemonade, and it didn’t disappoint...I will be looking for a recipe so that I can make it for myself! The placemats are laminated pages of the guest book, with thanks and praise from around the world.

At breakfast the next morning, I had the pancake, which also came with pita bread and cream cheese. Before heading to the airport, I returned to the hotel from my sightseeing, for yet another mint lemonade!

I would highly recommend this hotel, and its staff, who were unfailingly friendly and helpful. I was sorry to not have time to see the gallery, but will definitely be returning on another trip!

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank NatashaE524
IwanYamin, General Manager at XVA Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Natasha,

I enjoyed reading your review very much and regret not to thank you earlier for this. This kind of informative review brought many travelers to our hotel.

Please pass by our hotel again as you stop over in Dubai. This will be a nice deja vu experience as nothing much has changed since you left, except the time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2012

When the taxi dropped us off coming from the airport we thought this must be a mistake: At night the area around the XVA hotel is dark and very quiet, unlike the busy streets only a few hundred meters away. The hotel itself is an oasis of quietness and "down to earthness", especially considering the hundreds of 5 star hotels all catering pretty much the same way. Styled like a traditional regional house, the rooms are located around the inner courtyard which during the day serves as the XVA Café and attracts dozens of tourists.

If you are looking to spend a few nights in one of the record breaking biggest, must luxurious, most expensive 5 star hotels, you will be disappointed by XVA. If you are looking for a laid back, hostal type of accomodation in a quiet place away from the shopping malls, this is a very nice alternative.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Felix_333

Dear Felix_333,

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and location of the hotel. It has been a year ago you were with us, I can assure you that our service and products have not changed in characters. Due to high request from our guests, we are now opening our restaurant for dinner as well.

When will we welcome you back to our hotel?

Have a nice day!