“beautiful property”

Ranked #63 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Calangute, India
“beautiful property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The view from our 2 bedroom apartment on the 33rd floor was breath taking overlooking Palm Island. Top floor of the hotel has a restaurant with equally impressive views of Palm Island. The staff was polite, helpful and very respectful

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The rooms are luxurious, nothing like your regular serviced apartments in Dubai. If you're lucky you may get a room with a view which is astonishing. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are great, very good size (can accommodate a good size party) and the price is decent compared to most of the hotels in the area. I highly recommend this hotel specially if you're a family with kids.

Room Tip: A high floor room with a view deserves the extra $$.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having just visited Dubai with my sister and stayed at the Dubai Marriott I felt compelled to write about my visit, All the stories I had been told,about 'covering up' and how expensive it was had made me apprehensive about going to Dubai. How wrong I was nowhere we were made to feel uncomfortable and although we dressed respectfully we were never under the impression there was any specific requirement regarding dress in fact most western women we saw were dressed like they would on any day in the UK. Everyone was so courteous and considerate and not once did we feel intimidated or uncomfortable quote the contrary. I encourage everyone to go to Dubai and if your are lucky enough to stay in the Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites you also get the icing on the cake. Oh and by the way although there is building work going on outside the hotel, after a brief walk you realise building work is going on in every street and on every corner int Dubai, you just have to accept it, and take ear plugs!

Room Tip: Although we asked for a high floor we didn't get it, but that would be my recommendation and als...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Debbie J
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

First off let's say this definitely is not the cheapest hotel, however you absolutely get what you pay for.

Everything is fantastic.

The 2 bedroom suites resemble house in most countries and would be very comfortable for cooking dinner, having guests over, etc.

When we checked in Ahmed was amazing and attended to any of our needs.

I recommend spending the extra money for the sea view. The windows are enormous and give you a straight view of the palm island. Wonderful for pictures.

Did I mention the hotel is ideally located as a 1 minute walk from the Dubai Marina and maybe a 10-15 minute walk from the JBR? love it

One of the few downsides (not the fault of the hotel) is the ridiculous amount of never ending construction just outside. I've been living in UAE 3 years and this hotel (and the area in general) has been under construction the whole time.

This makes driving a pain in the butt, as well as even getting around that area difficult. Again though, kind of a Dubai problem and something you may run into with a number of hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had booked a two bedroom apartment but we were pleasantly surprised at the sheer size of the apartment. It was massive and well appointed. The staff were very courteous to us and as a gold member I was accorded privileges and my requests were honoured though they were not necessarily standard. The best thing was how they kept the bay facing room for us even though we checked in later than midnight. The view from all the rooms and from the balcony was to die for. I was grateful to the hotel for giving us such a luxurious experience in the heart of Dubai. Our check out was very swift barely 5 minutes and all the porters very efficient. They got us the right sized van and had everything locked and loaded for us to leave promptly. Overall I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay with family and friends

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank soloist2
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked a room at Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites for one night since I was only passing through on one of my work trips. The marina is my favorite part of town even though it's a 30-minute drive to and from the airport.

When I booked my room at the hotel, based on the low price and description, I thought I had booked a room with a king-size bed for one person. Lo and behold, I got that PLUS two additional bedrooms. It turns out that the hotel only has suites. I got to enjoy a 3-bedroom suite with 3-1/2 baths, full kitchen, dining room, living room, giant closet with an extra cot, and glorious views all around. I was so disappointed that I was there for less than 24 hours and that I was unable to bring a group of friends to fill up all the rooms.

There is a rooftop pool and spa, fitness center, and restaurant on site. The service was impeccable.

Location-wise, the hotel is steps away from all the restaurants on the marina and a short walk to the beach at Jumeirah Beach Residence. I highly recommend this hotel whether you're traveling alone, as a couple, and in a group.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dreamyr227
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here for 1 week with a family of 5. Our appartment was on the 15th floor with one side overlooking the sea with the Palm Island view, while the kitchen had a window with stunning views on the Marina. Great location as the Marina with all its restaurants is literally at your doorstep. The appartment was very spacious (almost 200 sq. meters!), with 2 big bedrooms with a balcony each, big living room, fully equiped kitchen, 4 (!) toilets. We usually took breakfast in our appartment with groceries from a nearby supermarket (only 1 minute walk from the hotel). The staff took care of filling the dishwasher. Rooms were made up daily. Staff at the reception desk very friendly.
Swimming room is clean but nothing exceptional.
Only downside is the noise originating from the construction works just opposite the hotel where they are building a new big tower.
Overall we highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family