“Wonderful hotel and fanastic location”
Review of Vida Downtown

Vida Downtown
Ranked #31 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful hotel and fanastic location”
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Qamardeen in August, en route to Europe. The hotel had been recommended to us by our travel agent and we were thrilled with the choice.

The hotel is stylish, modern and completed to a very high standard. The foyer, restaurant, bar area and pool area are all very stylish and designed to feel quite open and spacious.

Similarly, the room itself was very impressive, and very large. Moreover, the glass-enclosed bathroom made the room feel even larger. The room is very modern and has all the mod-cons, including free internet. We also had a lovely little balcony and a very pleasant view onto the pool and garden.

We did not eat dinner at the restaurant but were very happy with breakfast the following day.

Apart from being a really attractive hotel inside and out, the Qamardeen is also very well situated, just a 5 minute walk (if that) to the Dubai Mall and many fabulous restaurants.

We were extremely happy with our stay and would very happily stay here again, for longer if possible as the location and lovely pool area made this both a hotel for business as well as leisure travellers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
JohnAritho, General Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this review, 4 October 2010
Dear 'Aetmenvacances' Guest,

Thank you so much for the lovely review regarding your stay at Qamardeen.
It is good to know that your were happy with the levels of service as well as the facilities available especially as you were on a stopover from Australia to Europe.

Your review means a lot to us as it helps us understand better the individual needs of our guests.

I look forward to hosting you for a longer stay in the near future or your return trip.

Warm Regards

John Aritho

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I cannot say enough great things about Qamardeen. We stayed here for a three day stopover and were made to feel right at home. The hotel is chic and modern, but still has a very Arabian, authentic feel. Customer service was beyond great from everyone we encountered from the valet to management. The hotel has a very "at your service" atmosphere, which is great.
The downtown location is great, right by the Dubai Mall and the tallest building. The hotel provides free shuttle transportation to the mall and other nearby locations, including the beach and local sukhs. This made getting around the city very convenient.
Also, make sure you include breakfast in the rate; it's worth it. The lunch buffet is also pretty good.
I have already recommended the hotel to friends travelling to Dubai, and would highly recommend to anyone else.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
JohnAritho, General Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this review, 28 September 2010
Dear 'The last Optimist',

Your pseudo-name says it all and I must say we are lucky to have a review by you!

On behalf of the whole team that you have mentioned, I would like to thank you for your kind comments.

I have noted the details of the aspects that made your stay worth remembering and will ensure that we keep improving them.

I do hope that this tempts you to come back to Dubai again and hopefully stay with us at Qamardeen.

Thank you for the recommendations!!

Solihull, England
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Having spent 10 years travelling globally on business, I have never enjoyed such exceptional customer service. Without exception, every member of staff greeted us with huge smiles and a wonderful 'can do' attitude. Other reviews echo all of my sentiments. I just couldn't fault the Qamardeen! Breakfast was amazing!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear ' Batty Boy",

It is indeed wonderful and heartening to read such a positive review especially from well travelled person on business as you.

I take my hat off to my team for trying their utmost to play their part in ensuring that the consumer actually does recieve their 'value for money paid' service.

Thank you for your honest and concise feedback - I can assure you that this will go a long way in ensuring the team performs even better for the next guest.

Hope to see you back soon.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I arrived at the Qamardeen Hotel feeling extremely unwell. The hotel nurse recommended a visit to a local clinic and organised for a staff member to drive me to the clinic and act as interpreter. It turned out to be an allergy and after taking the recommended medication I was able to enjoy the comforts of this lovely hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Ms Edward,

Firstly I am glad that you are feeling better now.

I really should thank you for taking your time to post a few honest remarks about your stay - it is really appreciated and our Resident Nurse Ghia is particularly chaffed for you mentioning her tireless work.

I do hope that we shall have the opportunity to serve you in the future again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 September 2010

My mother, 3 daughters and I visited Dubai for the first time last week without the help of a travel agent as we've typically had great success with trip advisor recommendations. However we have never relied on them for international travel. From arrival to departure the Quarmadeen exceeded all of our expectations. The staff went above and beyond the standard, from giving us rides to the Dubai Mall, the beach and helping us to set up a desert safari. The food was excellent, the rooms were cleaned twice a day and the pool was very refreshing in the sweltering heat. One pleasant surprise is that the hotel's GM John Aritho was always visible to greet guests and ensure their needs were being met. I highly recommend the Quarmadeen

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Ms Leonces,

Thank you very much for posting a brilliant review regarding your stay at Qamardeen in Dubai!

I do hope that you had a superb trip in Paris with your wonderful daughters and mother and managed to do all you needed to while you were there.

It was indeed a great pleasure for my team and myself to host you during your few days in Dubai.

The comments which made your stay at Qamardeen worthwhile are well noted and this only encourages us to do even better going forth- thank you very much.

I look forward to hosting you and your family again whenever your travels sends you this way again.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

You know you have stayed in a wonderful hotel when 7 months down the line you feel guilty about not having written a review. Where to start Mr John Aritho General Manager - what a classy man!!-I was pleasantly suprised that he was approachable and visibly involved in the running of the hotel. The hotel is perfectly placed near the Dubai mall, a safe and comfortable 12 or so minute walk from the hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff are friendly, helpful and eager to please. Although this is seen as a Business hotel, please do not be put off from bringing your family. We travelled with our 4 year old and it was marvellous. The hotel offer a pick up drop off shuttle service to the malls and beach- again what a pleasure they were always on time. Advise - ask staff at the reception for tips on tours and day trips.

Please do NOT hesitate to book at this -home away from home- this is one of the times that the old adage 'if it sounds too good to be true it probably is'- does NOT apply. This hotel is absolute value for money

To the staff- I look forward to seeing you soon! Regards Dr. Pedro Pronto

• Stayed February 2010
Dr Pedro Pronto,

It is humbling to read your review!

I am so elated that you managed to get some free time to post your comments on Tripadvisor!

I do hope that you and your wonderful family are well.

My team is very happy to read such glowing comments about the little gem that we have in "Qamardeen" and we do thank you for being part of us and sharing your time with us when in Dubai.

I do hope to see you and the family in the near future (your busy schedule permitting) and we shall endeavour to offer even a better experience than the one you got.

Our Best Wishes!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I am so glad we picked the Qarmadeen from a number of suggestions, without reading reviews. Checking on them now, I can only agree in every way. This hotel knows how to welcome and make visitors comfortable, even at a late night arrival time. We have travelled the world and usually find something that could be improved upon, but the Qarmadeen is a winner in every way.. Staff keen to please, very well presented breakfast buffet, and well appointed rooms we could spent more nights in.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
JohnAritho, General Manager at Vida Downtown, responded to this review, 12 September 2010
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to read your review!

We really do appreciate the time to sit down and jot a few words about your Qamardeen experience and the people that work here.

We are humbled by the fact that you mention that you are well travelled and do find areas that the establishment can improve on.

We do however feel that we can always improve on an everyday basis and I hope that we do have the opportunity to improve what we have to offer to you on your next visit.

Thank you very much.