“Excellent choice!”

Ranked #24 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Nacka, Sweden
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Dubai is not a very genuine city to be honest. But by staying at the Al Manzil you get a cozier feeling than at most places. Located in the Old Town of Downtown its walking distance (very rare in Dubai) to both super mega mall The Dubai Mall and tall tower Burj Khalifa. Al Manzil is a so called boutique hotel but has plenty of rooms and as many as five different restaurants.

Room Tip: Get a corner room with your own balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arneby
Dear Arneby,

Thank you for the review, we were pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the team all made you feel welcome.

Please let us know when you are thinking of returning.

Daniel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I picked this hotel because of its walking distance to Dubai Mall and Burj Dubai, plus its good reviews. I was, however, quite shocked to find a bathtub sitting in the middle of the room and was quite off-put by the sight of it. This is not what you want to see in the middle of your room, taking up valuable space when you've come home from a long day of traveling. The layout of this room is just terrible. The bathtub is separate from the toilet which is separate from the shower which is separate from the sink. There's no door or room to contain all these features, as one might expect. In trying to appear modern, this hotel tried too hard and missed the mark. I hope they remodel soon.

Because of that, i was prepared to rate this four-star hotel very low. But, i have to say, i was won over by the fact that absolutely everything else about this hotel is spot-on perfect that it really deserves 5 stars, despite the bathtub misfire.

Usually, a seasoned travel generally knows that when you book a 4 star hotel, you should prepare for a 3 star experience, and so-on down the line. But this is really a 4 star hotel that felt like a 5 star hotel. The hotel and room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the service was prompt. Every time we called for something from room service to housekeeping, we received prompt service within minutes, which is really commendable. Even the turn-down service which alternated between leaving chocolates and a couple of really lovely bookmarks was such a nice detail and momento for us to have. Thank you!

We stayed for our anniversary and one day came home to an anniversary cake that was the most delicious chocolate mousse cake and the best dessert i've ever had on my anniversary...thank you!

One night we decided stay in and eat in the courtyard restaurant--want an amazing find in the heart of the hotel! Gourmet, delicious Arabic food. The harirah soup is a don't-miss!

And, this hotel is truly walking distance to Dubai Mall (less than five minutes) which was really wonderful.

i recommend this hotel and hope to go back (hopefully by then, bathtub will be removed :)

Room Tip: If you are really bothered by the tub, ask for a handicap room on the first or second floor...that l...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hana G
Dear Hana G,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations, even with the bath tub.

We were sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the room layout however we do receive alot of positive comments, that said, we also have other room types that may suit your needs, please just enquire at the Front Desk.

Congratulations again for your anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai, please just give us enough notice so we can hide the bathtub!

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Warm hospitality, great suite with great views, lovely breakfast, perfectly located, etc.... We arrived on a early flight from Nairobi and I informed the hotel in advance. After arrival we were allowed in the room straight away. Every time we left the hotel (even when it was for a few hours) we found our room tidied up, with new coffee (Nespresso!), chocolates and drinking water. The breakfast was amazing (broad variety of fresh juices, fruits, nuts, bread, smoked salmon, honey, cheeses, etc) The staff and management of Al Manzil really understand hospitality and they have great eye for detail. We stayed her during Christmas 2013 and we enjoyed every minute of it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WouterVZA
Dear WouterVZA,

Thank you for the lovely review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that the team took great care of you.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Dubai.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed here for a week for a work trip during November 2013 and literally spent almost all day here for about 5 days and then spent 2-3 days touring around Dubai as well once work was over.

The rooms are nice with modern touches and were very clean. Comfortable beds, good business desk, and nice modern bathrooms. The rooms did feel fairly modern and not very large but I enjoyed them but didn't spend too much time in the rooms.

The fitness area is very small but adequate and you can swim or run around the neighborhood (sort of as Dubai is not really built for running with poor sidewalks, etc).

The food for breakfast was very good, with a nice mix of western food and others including some middle eastern food. The food at Nezesaussi Grill (sports bar) was not too bad either (but there is better food nearby if you just want to grab a beer and some sports.

The service was excellent as I asked for all sorts of requests from help booking a desert tour, help with changing my room, etc that were all taken care of in a timely and helpful manner.

Overall a great place to stay in downtown and close to my work. However, as a tourist it was a good distance from the old town deira area but close to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa for the Fountain show. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Burj Khalifa if possible or even the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear CharlesThor,

Thank you for the great review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 5 days with us and managed to get some time to explore.

Please let us know when you are thinking of returning.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

a SUPERB location, mohammed bin Rashed blouvard was right under the hotel and dubai mall was within a walking distance

the staff was proffisional and SWEET, they checked me in before checking time, they were always responding to my Questions and requests and at last they surprised me with a birthday cake on my birthday (what a sweet gesture of them)

rooms were good but the only issue was the bathroom, no privacy, suitable for couples and friends but not for famlies, didn't cause any problem to me though, but it would be better if the guest had the choice to have an opend bathroom or a closed one.

there were two minor issues but wouldn't effect my judgment ; i clearly requested 2 rooms next to eachother but when checking in, each one was in different floor, the second issue was before leaving to the airport i asked the receptioinst to call me a cab to take me to the airport at 4:05 pm, sadly she did not respone and i myself couldn't get a taxi due to the weekend traffic which caused me to be late to my flight.

at last I would defintely stay there again and recommend it to whomever planning for a trip to Dubai.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Halah S,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the team all took great care of you.

My apologies for the issues with your room, I am sorry that we were unable to allocate both rooms on the same floor. I must also apologise for the incident with the taxi, I was pleased to hear that you made your flight, however we will follow up with the team.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Hunter Valley NSW Australia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is our second stay at Al Manzil - first stayed 4 years ago, when we returned the following 2 years i chose the sister property Qamardeen and was also very happy there. Unfortunately they were under renovation this year so instead went back to Al Manzil. Everything was lovely once again and the exact same point that annoyed me 4 years ago, managed to bug me again this visit. But first what is great about this hotel. Very elegant, beds are so very comfortable and large allowing a very restful nights sleep. The rooms are quite large, yes they do have the glassed in bathroom in the room but we are used to this and you can just draw the blinds for privacy. The pool area is modest size but nice for an afternoon dip and some relaxation. I especially love the location. At night with all the palm trees lit up with fairy lights - gorgeous and is an easy 10 min walk over the huge Dubai Mall and that is on offer there. We only ever have the one breakfast at the hotel which is very nice but quite expensive compared to what is available in nearby cafes. The only problem is the nearby cafes at the Mall aren't open til about 10am which is why we tend to eat just the once at the hotel. We visited during Ramadan this year which did have some restrictions to work around but certainly nothing that stopped us from greatly enjoying the stay. And for a visit during this time of year the Al Manzil was a perfect hotel and location to be staying. I can 100% confirm there is NO ability to eat out during the day at the Mall. All foods shops are shut with a very occasional cafe open for takeaway drinks only. So do not expect to get food or drink out during the day at the Mall. However the hotel has a cafe attached to it which had it drapes pulled down covering all windows but was beautifully cool inside (it was also extremely hot). We ate all our lunches and had morning and afternoon tea breaks here, prices were reasonable and the food and coffee was a good standard with a large variety of choices. Both hot and cold drinks, milkshakes etc on offer. Due to the heat we broke our day up into smaller blocks. Went out for a few hours after breakfast, came back for lunch, went out again, came back for cool drinks and a snack, enjoyed the pool, had some cool drinks in our room and then it was after sun set and all the cafes and restaurants were open at the Mall and in the surrounds. We have seen the fountain show about 6 times already but it never grows old - so we enjoyed this again after dinner and then strolled back from the Mall thru the pretty street for another big sleep that helped us recover from the jetlag that flying overnight from Australia creates. We always break the journey to Europe for 2 nights in Dubai as up until recently it was always much cheaper than Europe and it is so safe! So whilst you are waking around in that travel fog, having trouble remembering how to convert Dirham to $$ and too tired to think straight, you need have no concern someone will be trying to pick your pocket. After 2 nights in Dubai we always arrive in Europe fresh, awake and ready to go! Now the only small gripe I have about AL Manzil is the check in process. This year we arrived early and whilst we cannot and did expect to get straight into a room (we had 2 booked as my sister and her husband were with us), we were hopeful one of the rooms might have been ready earlier so we could shower and change. And as it was Ramadan we knew the hotel was not at full occupancy. The rooms weren't ready so we thought we would go to the pool for a swim and shower. We couldn't as it was too early. Now this is where I got a big disappointed, they never readily offered for us to go to the gym area for showers, I eventually dragged this solution from them. We did this and it was very nice indeed. We then happily went over to the Mall to wander around. The huge aquarium is always a good time filler. We came back, still no room ready, we had lunch, checked again, still no room ready. Each time i very politely checked it was like me asking was brand new information - by the 4th polite enquiry I decided we would just sit on the very comfortable nearby couches and wait, as it was by now early afternoon. Eventually we got our room and my sister got her room shortly after. Now I understand if you need a room to check into when arriving early you simply need to book the previous night. But when we arrived to check in 2 years ago and we arrived in the afternoon - guess what - same thing, our room was not ready and we sat and waited seeing a similar disjointed check in process be performed. Saying all of this I do still recommend the Al Manzil, perfect location and very comfortable rooms, but don't let a slow check in spoil your stay and if you get into a room quickly, well consider yourself lucky!

Room Tip: Treat yourself and get a room facing the Burj. You can draw the blinds and enjoy the view from the c...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suz003
Hello Suz003,

Thank you for the wonderful and very detailed review on your time with us during Ramadan, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the challenges with your check in process, however your comments have been shared with the team.

Thank you once again and we do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back next Ramadan.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights but din't get to use to many of the hotel facilities as I was there on business.
The room is extremely nice and the staff were very helpful when I required anything including arranging a taxi to Abu Dhabi for a meeting I had.

The location is also superb (very close to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai mall.
Hopefully next time I will have more time to enjoy the hotel facilities as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Stefan V, General Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Dominik V,

warm greetings from Al Manzil Hotel. Thank you very much for the great review on Tripadvsior. I am glad that you liked our rooms. I do hope you will have more time during your next visit to try some of our award winning Restaurants as well.
Best regards