“Great Stay”
Review of Manzil Downtown

Manzil Downtown
Ranked #28 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights on our way to Amsterdam, Room was clean and bed comfortable, we had a view of the Burj Khalifa from our window, Just a short walk to the the Dubai Mall, satf were friendly and very helpful, good breakfast in the morning

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi Sambo_64,

Thank you for the wonderful comments, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

There are newer reviews for Manzil Downtown

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked online choosing a suite with car pick ups and breakfast included as a final special treat for my partners birthday trip. Twice before arriving we were sent emails suggesting we book a car pick up for $x so I had to explain our package included the pick-ups. Once well I could forgive, but twice?! We were picked up and the rooms, breakfast and staff were excellent. They are also in the process of refurbishing so check where you'll be as we met some people who had been moved to a different hotel due to the renovation. We had a suite looking out at the Burj Kalifa so view was good and we could see part of the water show from the room too.

Room Tip: View of the Burj good but that's also the traffic side if you don't like a traffic hum. Doub...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl C
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear CherylDD599,

Thank you for the review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. My apologies with the confusion with the airport pick up, however I was pleased to hear it was resolved in the end however will still follow up with the team.

You are correct about the refurbishment, the hotel will be closing from the 1st July and will re-open at the beginning of November, so please make sure you come back to see the new look.

Thanks again for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Located near the Dubai Mall, this hotel provides very comfortable accommodation with our room having a view of the Burj Khalifa. The excellent buffet breakfast and courtyard make a very pleasant start to the day. The staff are very helpful - the airport transfer driver (Najeet?) and front desk staff provide exceptional levels of service. I would love to stay here again!

Dear MargaretAdelaide,

Thank you for the lovely comments, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all the team took great care of you.

We were very pleased to hear that you would love to stay again, please just let us know when you are thinking or returning again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was beyond our expectations, we knew in Dubai the service is at his top, in for sure we recommend this hotel, depend on the suite but you have a view on Burj Khalifa, the highest tower of the world. The swimming pool is kind of small but it's not a big point, the chichas are really good, i recommend you the apple flavour ;) the rooms, my god, big rooms, huge bed, perfect for a couple with shower and bath. We arrived kind of earlier and they had us a room really quickly, while we were waiting for the room the offered us a coffee for my boyfriend and i had an apple juice.. my god (once again), the best apple juice i never had !

Anyway, a must see, and if you dont have a car, you're really close to the dubai mall, and here i recommend you to eat just in front of the dubai mall show funtains.. We were to las vegas before and the funtains show of the Bellagio look really small compared to this one.. AMAZING :) And i need to point the service, the best !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear NinaMoccha,

Thanks for the fantastic review, we were delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us and that all the team took great care of you.

The view of Burj Khalifa is amazing and we never get bored of seeing it ourselves and the fact the fountain show is only a short walk away, we agree that our guests are in a great location.

Please let us know when you are thinking of returning as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

A very well placed hotel, located next to the Mall and in walking distance from the Bur Khalifa. The rooms can be a bit odd as they are open plan but if you don't mind see through bathroom walls you're in for a treat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear rimsey84,

Thank you for the comments, we were delighted to hear that you enjoy the hotel. You will be pleased to know that the hotel will be closing on the 1st July for a full refurbishment and as part of the renovation, we will be closing the bathrooms to increase their privacy.

Please let us know when you are thinking of returning as we would love to show you the finished product.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We checked in late at night and the receptionist was lovely, refreshing after the flight from Rome. The room was amazing; so clean, modern, decorated beautifully. The bed was huge and so comfortable. The hotel grounds are nice; breakfast was to die for! Hands down one of the best buffets I've been to in the world! All staff were friendly and accommodating. The location is great, 5 min walk to the Dubai Mall and the Burj. Lots of restaurants in the area too. Loved this hotel. Only downside is the frosted shower and toilet, not very private if you're travelling with someone you don't want to share everything with! My tip - leave the shower light off and the bathroom light on so you dont stand out so much!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paivar
Daniel K, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Paivar,

Thank you for the review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that all the team took great care of you.

We also appreciated the additional comments regarding the bathrooms and you will be pleased to know that from the 1st July, Al Manzil will be closed for a full refurbishment and part of this refurbishment is to increase the privacy of the bathrooms, so you will have to come past and have a look on your next visit to Dubai.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stay in Al Manzil nearly every time we visit Dubai (once every 3months). This hotel USED to be excellent in all area. Not anymore.
There was no porter to help me the pregnant woman with luggage and my husband. And there was no one to help with the door with us wheeling in our luggage. When we asked for a porter after exiting the taxi, the hotel staf didn't understand the term porter.
Breakfast service was poor. The tables were not wiped and re-set. So I had to sit on a table with no napkins and cutleries just breadcrumbs. No one came to offer tea and no one cleared the dirty plates off my table after I finish using them. And the restaurant wasn't even full, only 3 tables out of the 12 in my area were occupied. The waiter walked back and forth, but took no notice of the pile of dirty plates on my table. (I will post photo of my dirty plates while the manager walks past my table empty handed).
When I had drinks by the pool I had to wait for the bar staff to return to the bar so I can sign the bill!!! I was there waiting, could've just left it and he won't know which room number to charge.
Bottom line: hotel service is going down hill. Only good service experienced was checkin.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank aramic86

Dear aramic86,

Thank you for your review, I would like to sincerely apologise that your stay was less than satisfactory. As you know, we do place high standards on the level of service that we provide and I would like to re-assure you that we will address your points with the relevant teams.

It is very disappointing, after so many great experiences, that we dropped the ball in a lot of areas and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail, I can be contacted on dkingston@vida-hotels.com.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Dubai and giving you the experience you have become accustomed to with Al Manzil.