“This is a hidden gem...”
Review of Manzil Downtown

Manzil Downtown
Ranked #29 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 December 2009

I was a flight attendant for 18 years for a Canadian carrier, I traveled throughout the world, therefore gained a great deal of experience that hopefully qualifies me to write a review. I don't really pay too much attention to how many "stars" a hotel has or whether the restaurant is open 24 hours. The most important thing to me is that a hotel actually spends the time and money investing in their employees. If you have bad service in a hotel I believe that one should not be upset with the employee- the frustration should be directed to the organization. The Al Manzil hotel (Southern Sun) has actually taken time to invest in their employees. From the bellboys to the porters to the front desk staff and finally the room service personnel,, we were very well looked after. No request was too grand and always with a smile, we felt very special. This is the outcome when a hotel provides their employees with the necessary tools to go above and beyond the customer's expectations. A perfect hotel property does not exist, we are all human and things do go wrong... at this property however the odds are greatly reduced.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Manzil Downtown

Reviewed 17 December 2009

My husband and I took a holiday to Mauritius and on our way back home we planned to stay a few days at Al Manzil Dubai but we ended up extending our stay for another two days as the hotel was a lovely place to stay. We found it very calming relaxing and cozy. We enjoyed our stay at Al Manzil the staff were always on hand to help. the concierge staff were very good and did their jobs with such greath warmth.They all wanted to make sure our stay was the best and for us it was the icing on top of the cake of our holiday. the location of the hotel as other reviewers have said is very good however do make sure taxi driver knows where you are going before you set off as we found that some of the drivers did not know how to get to some places and wasted our time. we were glad the dubai mall was close by to the hotel and I found that the jewellery at the gold souk in the dubai mall is very exquisite and well priced but do negotiate as you could get up to 50% discount.
The dubai mall seems daunting at first but its easy to get around if you know what you want. A copy of the list of shops and activities at the mall is available from the information desk and is a good way to check
we had hoped to play golf in dubai but on the day we booked it rained all day!!!!!. December seems a good time to visit as the weather was good not hot at all and apart from the one day of rain we had excellent weather. If you looking for a hotel to stay especially on a holiday and enjoy Dubai Al Manzil is the hotel.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2009

Probably the best hotel we have stayed in, the service was amazing, and there is a lovely atmosphere. The room was very clean, sheets and towels changed every day, (unless you ask otherwise) comfy big bed and nice pillows. Breakfasts are amazing, so much to choose from, so i really didn,t need lunch later on! Pool was bigger than i expected and was mostly quiet and relaxing. My other half went in the hotel gym and was impressed with facilities, also there is a larger club house by the entrance with bigger and better and some fit looking people! Wish id taken my trainers to play some squash.But the thing that mostly impressed me was the staff, nothing was too much trouble and they really look like they enjoy working there.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Thi hotel is really as good as the other reviews claimed it to be!!

Location was perfect - so near to everything, room was very "quirky", clean and comfy. Such lovely bed and pillows. Interesting bathtub.

The only little complains I would have are:
- housekeeping service is a little inconsistent. We stayed there for 3 nights - on the 1st nite, we found 1 choc. at the bedside, 2nd nite - 2 choc. (great attention to details, we thought!), and on the 3rd night - NONE. Bathroom accessories were also not properly replenished at all times. We were almost running out of bath gel before we were replenished with new bottles. But nevertheless, no major crisis at all. The one time that we needed an extra pillow (they only provided 3), the pillow came in like 5 min. upon our request! Talking about speedy service!

- I am usually very fussy about the quality of towels, and I thought their towel was not exactly up to par. Could certainly improve on that.

- Our room was on a low floor, facing the main road, so it was a little noisy at times, late at night, on weekends, when the sports cars zoomed pass the road. But I simply loved the lovely view though.

- The hotel is rather small, so I don't think it has a spa, which was a pity. But i am sure ther are plenty of them at the nearby Dubai Mall.

But don't get me wrong, overall this is a fantastic hotel, particularly for the rates that we paid! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2009

My husband and I went on our yearly vacation without kids.. This year we chosed Dubai and after recommandation from friends we chosed Al Manzil Hotel - and what a hotel.. Lovely staff, excellent rooms, nice pool-environment - superb restaurants - nothing to complain about.

We travelled with a german travel agency and arrived pretty late at the hotel - although it was still possible to go to the Courtyard restaurant to dine.

The breakfast buffet was extraordinary - if something didn't appear, you ask for it and it arrived right away. The staff would do everything for you..

The Al Manzil Hotel is located downtown Dubai - just accross the street from Dubai Mall (with 1.200 shops...), view to Bujr Dubai and next to the Lake Fontaine. Marvelous show the perform by water and light every evening.

We will defenitely go back to Dubai - and no doubt we will stay at Al Manzil Hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2009

This was our 7th trip to Dubai, we wanted to stay close to a shopping mall as we were travelling with older children, we decided to stay at the Al Manzil due to its proximity to the Dubai Mall, our stay was amazing from the time we entered the hotel to the time we left. Talha and his team at Reception were wonderful and accommodating, My husband is a Southern Sun Frequent guest member, (Director Level) even though the hotel is a Southern Sun Hotel it does not participate in the frequent guest programme, however we were still upgraded to a Burj view room and we were given complimentary breakfast for our entire 3 day stay. The décor was fresh and modern with the right touch of old Arabic. The open plan bathroom was amazing, we loved our rooms. The breakfast was divine, one of the best we have had in Dubai. I asked for boiling water on the first morning instead of tea or coffee and on the subsequent days the minute I arrived at breakfast my boiling water was brought to my table. This was amazing service. The staff were friendly and helpful, this is a 5 star hotel not a four star one, my family and I will definitely be back and we will recommend the hotel to all our family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler085
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Al manzil staff are all friendly and helpful. Room is really awesome and clean. it is located in the center of most of the places. Where ever you want to go, it will only take about 30mins and by taxi it is from 20AED to max 70AED

would recommend friends and traverllers to stay in al manzil who are looking for a friendly and clean environment.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business