“Excellent hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Suffolk UK
“Excellent hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

I stayed at the Al Manzil for a couple of nights whilst in transit to Oman. Chose the hotel because of the reviews on Tripadvisor. Payed a lot of extra money for a room with a Burj Kalliff view. The hotel was indeed excellent in every respect, and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 6 November 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us. The team does appreciate recognition for their hard work and is pleased to receive your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Al Manzil Hotel and assure you of our very best attention.

Al Manzil Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

I stayed here during a Dubai stopover and have not a thing to fault.

Beautiful rooms, exceptional service, wonderful facilities. Excellent location within an easy stroll from Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa.

The hotel taxi was also, unexpectedly, cheaper than street taxis.

I especially loved the room layout - with separate shower and toilet from the open plan bathroom.

If I had to 'fault' anything - the pool is very warm and not refreshing, but I don't think anything but the weather is at fault for that.

1 Thank benau7
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 3 November 2010
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team does appreciate recognition for their hard work and is pleased to receive your feedback. We also note that you particularly enjoy the location and appreciate our attention to detail.

Chester, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

I booked a trip to Dubai as a surprise birthday present for my partner and picked this hotel based on other people's reviews. I have to say it was one of the best choices I have ever made. There is no other word to describe this place other than fantastic.
The staff were warm, friendly and helpful. The room was luxiourious. The facilities were impecable. The location was great.
As this is a business hotel the pool was often empty during the day. It was quiet, peaceful and relaxing.
The choice of restaurants was above and beyond they required standard and we sadly did not have a chance to try them all but of those we did we were more that satisfied.
The location was great and we often walked to the Dubai Mall just to watch the fountain show.
The definite main selling point though is the staff. From the regal man that welcomes you at the front to the polite and warm reception staff, to the very high standrads shown by the chamber maids. I have never felt so welcome and my stay so special.

The only negative I can find is that it was a once in a lifetime trip for us and sadly we will be unlikely to be able to ever return.

2 Thank KTFor
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your to stay with us. The team does appreciate recognition for their hard work and is pleased to receive your feedback. We are happy to note that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings in particular and were intrigued by our location.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

This is essentially a business hotel, that works for leisure if being close to the beach is not a high priority. It is in a great central location close to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. The rooms have an "Arab contemporary" decor and are very comfortable. Particularly appreciated the free internet in rooms (and they supply a cable for your laptop). All the staff were friendly and helpful without exception.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

This hotel is on my top list of Hotel whenever I'm in Dubai. Good staff. Perfect location. Clean rooms. 8/10 for breakfast. internet is rooms is good. Nice restaurant for dinner. Supermarket and coffee shops are just few steps away. The only bad experience I had last time was when I booked my rooms in their website!! I include business package for an extra AED 150; the package should include breakfast, pressing of 2 pieces laundry & fruit platter. For some reason this is not what I got; I got upgrade to bur view (which I really don't get to see since I'm out all day), breakfast and nothing else. I asked the reception about my fruit platter and for someone to do my laundry since it is included in the package and all I get is that I’ve been upgraded to burj view!! I didn't request that and I'm not a honeymooner and I’m not in a holiday! Not only that I was asked actually for AED 180 and not AED150 when I checked in. saying that the taxes were not included in their web site!!! It is frustrating when you get something different than what you asked for and nobody explains that to you. I would recommend this Hotel to anybody visit Dubai for any kind of trip but just stay away from any packages until the Hotel have a better system for it as they are suppose to provide a better service.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

I totally loved everything about the hotel. The hotel staff was amazing. I loved the decor. Location was perfect, just opposite the Dubal Mall. I really loved every minute of my stay. The breafast was great as well as the lunch and dinner. The pool, well the water is warm thanks to the Dubai heat, but loved it as well.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank NonhlanhlaNkosi
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear Guest

It is our aim to consistently provide a warm and friendly service to all our guests and we will continue to improve on our services and product. We are particularly pleased to note that you enjoyed our location and all food and beverage offerings. We have taken note of pool water temperature and will ensure that it is corrected with immediate effect.

Yours sincerely

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

We stayed at the Al Manzil for 10 days and loved everything about it. We arrived before 10am and were able to access our room immediately, this was the start of the oustanding service that we received. All staff were courteous and provided such an excellent level of service - nothing was too much trouble and they went out of their way to ensure you didnt have to lift a finger. Special mention must be made for Oscar and Kim at the front desk and the lifeguards around the pool.
Location is perfect - you are central to the Old Dubai and get a real sense of the authenticity of the place. We had a couple of trips to the Beach resorts and the Madinat Jumeriah and found these just full of tourists - nothing really authentic about these places.
The Mall is amazing and a good source of reasonably priced food and a great variety - something for all tastes. Its also worth checking out the Aquarium and Underwater Zoo whilst you are there.
We went Dune Buggying in the Desert - fantastic and much better than the Dune bashing in the 4x4's - you are much more in control and 'exposed' to the desert surroundings. We booked direct through Explorer Tours - they arent affiliated with the Hotel but we can completely recommend them.
If you want to get around then taxi's are very cheap and plentiful - wear a seatbelt though as the driving can be erratic.
So, in summary - stay at the Al Manzil - its quiet in the day by the pool as there are a lot of business people that stay there, you can also get a good meal and drink in the Aussie bar downstairs and the service you receive in the Hotel will be second to none.

1 Thank TheHBs
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 27 October 2010
Dear Guest

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team does appreciate recognition for their hard work and is pleased to receive your feedback. We have noted special mention of Oscar and Kim and will ensure we recognize their efforts. We are particularly pleased that we met all your expectations and you enjoyed your meal and service at our Nezessausi.

Yours sincerely