“5 Star Service for a 4 Star price!!!!”
Review of Manzil Downtown

Manzil Downtown
Ranked #26 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“5 Star Service for a 4 Star price!!!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2010

If a hotel where service, cleanliness, comfort & a great location are what you look for, then this is the one for you. From Oscar the ever-smiling doorman, to the reception, concierge and housekeeping staff, everyone is incredibly helpful and not one member of staff will pass you by without a smile and a hello.

This was our 1st trip to Dubai, & only a brief 2 night stay, so my wife & I stayed in one of the Burj suites, on the 8th floor, and all I can say is WOW! For a 4 star hotel the room had everything you could want, including a TV that rose up from the foot of the bed at the touch of a button, and a bathroom including roll top style bath, his 'n' hers wash basins and separate shower and toliet rooms. The view from the balcony was a perfect one of the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building - truly a sight when seen 'up close'.

Although we didn't eat in the hoitel, we did visit the sports bar which had agreat atmosphere & about 20 screens showing sport from all over the world, and a great selection of import draft beers incl. Heineken, Carling, Guiness, Caffrey's, and a few others I can't remember.

The hotel is just a 15 min drive (DHR 45 by taxi) from the airport and is ideally located within a few hundred yards of the Dubai Mall, the world's largest mall, which also provides access to the Burj Khalifa buliding where, for DHR100 you can go to the 124th floor to the viewing deck for a spectacular view over Dubai.

All in all, I cannot fault this hotel in any way. I will definitely stay her again if I'm ever in Dubai again, and would strongly recommend to anyone visiting.

1 Thank mister3dg
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 6 November 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team does appreciate recognition for their hard work and is pleased to receive your feedback. We are particularly pleased to note that you enjoyed our location and appreciate our attention to detail.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Al Manzil Hotel and assure you of our very best attention.

Al Manzil Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk UK
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I stayed at the Al Manzil for a couple of nights whilst in transit to Oman. Chose the hotel because of the reviews on Tripadvisor. Payed a lot of extra money for a room with a Burj Kalliff view. The hotel was indeed excellent in every respect, and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 6 November 2010
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us. The team does appreciate recognition for their hard work and is pleased to receive your feedback.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I stayed here during a Dubai stopover and have not a thing to fault.

Beautiful rooms, exceptional service, wonderful facilities. Excellent location within an easy stroll from Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa.

The hotel taxi was also, unexpectedly, cheaper than street taxis.

I especially loved the room layout - with separate shower and toilet from the open plan bathroom.

If I had to 'fault' anything - the pool is very warm and not refreshing, but I don't think anything but the weather is at fault for that.

1 Thank benau7
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 3 November 2010
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team does appreciate recognition for their hard work and is pleased to receive your feedback. We also note that you particularly enjoy the location and appreciate our attention to detail.

Chester, UK
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I booked a trip to Dubai as a surprise birthday present for my partner and picked this hotel based on other people's reviews. I have to say it was one of the best choices I have ever made. There is no other word to describe this place other than fantastic.
The staff were warm, friendly and helpful. The room was luxiourious. The facilities were impecable. The location was great.
As this is a business hotel the pool was often empty during the day. It was quiet, peaceful and relaxing.
The choice of restaurants was above and beyond they required standard and we sadly did not have a chance to try them all but of those we did we were more that satisfied.
The location was great and we often walked to the Dubai Mall just to watch the fountain show.
The definite main selling point though is the staff. From the regal man that welcomes you at the front to the polite and warm reception staff, to the very high standrads shown by the chamber maids. I have never felt so welcome and my stay so special.

The only negative I can find is that it was a once in a lifetime trip for us and sadly we will be unlikely to be able to ever return.

2 Thank KTFor
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your to stay with us. The team does appreciate recognition for their hard work and is pleased to receive your feedback. We are happy to note that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings in particular and were intrigued by our location.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2010

This is essentially a business hotel, that works for leisure if being close to the beach is not a high priority. It is in a great central location close to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. The rooms have an "Arab contemporary" decor and are very comfortable. Particularly appreciated the free internet in rooms (and they supply a cable for your laptop). All the staff were friendly and helpful without exception.

Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 3 November 2010

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 27 October 2010

This hotel is on my top list of Hotel whenever I'm in Dubai. Good staff. Perfect location. Clean rooms. 8/10 for breakfast. internet is rooms is good. Nice restaurant for dinner. Supermarket and coffee shops are just few steps away. The only bad experience I had last time was when I booked my rooms in their website!! I include business package for an extra AED 150; the package should include breakfast, pressing of 2 pieces laundry & fruit platter. For some reason this is not what I got; I got upgrade to bur view (which I really don't get to see since I'm out all day), breakfast and nothing else. I asked the reception about my fruit platter and for someone to do my laundry since it is included in the package and all I get is that I’ve been upgraded to burj view!! I didn't request that and I'm not a honeymooner and I’m not in a holiday! Not only that I was asked actually for AED 180 and not AED150 when I checked in. saying that the taxes were not included in their web site!!! It is frustrating when you get something different than what you asked for and nobody explains that to you. I would recommend this Hotel to anybody visit Dubai for any kind of trip but just stay away from any packages until the Hotel have a better system for it as they are suppose to provide a better service.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I totally loved everything about the hotel. The hotel staff was amazing. I loved the decor. Location was perfect, just opposite the Dubal Mall. I really loved every minute of my stay. The breafast was great as well as the lunch and dinner. The pool, well the water is warm thanks to the Dubai heat, but loved it as well.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank NonhlanhlaNkosi
Samir A, Manager at Manzil Downtown, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear Guest

It is our aim to consistently provide a warm and friendly service to all our guests and we will continue to improve on our services and product. We are particularly pleased to note that you enjoyed our location and all food and beverage offerings. We have taken note of pool water temperature and will ensure that it is corrected with immediate effect.

Yours sincerely