“Nice hotel with friendly and polite staff.”
Review of Grand Moov Hotel

Grand Moov Hotel
Ranked #369 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London
“Nice hotel with friendly and polite staff.”
Reviewed 20 February 2010

We stayed at Grand Moov for 1 week. We found the place nice, clean and tidy. The room was clean and comfortable. The air-condition unit was effective. The reception staff was polite, pleasant and helpful. The porters were always willing to help. The security guards were always there on the doors and near the lifts. The hotel guide was well informed and helpful. The breakfast room was small and crowded but the quality of food was good. The shuttle service to shopping malls was a good ideas, although we did not use it. The shuttle service to airport was very handy. The only thing i was not pleased with was the noise from the club at night which went on till 2 am every morning. All in all a good place to stay, which is situated close to main attractions with a metro station only few hundred yards from it. I do not have much hesitation in recommending the place to my family and friends. N A QURESHI

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2009

The hotel never replied to our emails about airport shuttle service or early check-in.
By luck we found the hotel shuttle. On check-in we were told of the extra charge for early check-in. Not many taxis could find the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
tellygoonuk
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Generally grubby condition. Staff, apart from concierge, surly and unhelpful. Room was not clean. I have seen cleaner carpets on trains and the bed linen had old blood spots and other stains which made the place seem more like a second rate B and B. My room was near the top of the building and they have a restaurant on the roof which closes at 3.00am and plays VERY loud music every night until then.

They advertise three 'dining experiences' on posters and leaflets in the reception, in the lift and on advertising in the rooms. Don't believe it. The North African restaurant doesn't exist and neither does the Thai. What did exist was a fairly presentable Indian buffet, spoiled by them being interested only in trying to sell you booze at high prices even by Dubai standards.

In short, try to avoid at all costs - spend a little extra and get a full nights sleep in a bed that doesn't look like it came from a drop-in centre

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Duration: 27th October 2008 – 30th October 2008

The Grand Moov is in the Diera district of Dubai, ... down town Dubai basically. It's miles away from the main attractions and is about 30 minutes away from the airport. To get the interesting places e.g. Burj al Arab, Mall of the Emirates one had to jump in a taxi and suffer the intolerable traffic jams of Dubai.

The view from the window was high-rise buildings – not particularly appealing. The area isn’t appealing either … horrible in fact.

Upon arrival the rooms we booked were not ready – bearing in mind we arrived at about 12:30AM (half past midnight). There was not a room available for me upon arrival so I was put in an executive suite and told that I would have to change rooms the next day – the cheek! Suffice it to say they left me alone and didn’t move me. The executive suite was nothing to shout about …. It was old and circa 1985 décor with nothing available in the fridges not tea/coffee making facilities.

The disco in the hotel wasn’t distracting, but I didn’t go.

The food was not included in our plan apparently … luckily for us. So we ate elsewhere.

The staff were unfriendly and very unhelpful. Upon check-out they even tried to charge me for phone calls I didn't make and food I hadn't ordered.

Dubai for me was expensive and overrated however I don’t regret going. I may go again when the infrastructure (road / rail system complete) is better.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chachachingching
NZ
Reviewed 16 November 2009

If you're looking for unhelpful reception staff, linen that smells of tobacco, rooms that aren't made up properly (no mini bar, towels or toilet paper) and if you find glass in the pool due to a late night event they hold (they hold a few of these aparently) and that glass happens to cut your finger and you need 4 stiches and spend over 6 1/2 hours in hospitals with no help from the hotel.. if this is what you are looking for then the Grand Moov is for you.
Oh and please look out for a "ND MOOV" on the side of the building - it seems to have lost it's "GRA" .. says it all really.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed 24 October 2009

The Place is good, room is not that sound proof but still is quite enought to sleep. We've got a twin bed room that is very small in size, just the 2 single bed already occupied the room. Swimming pool is very good and very private. International buffet breakfast is good too.
For negative things, service is a bit poor, we requested for 2 extra towels,3x we called they just said yes but nothing came, the next morning,I approached the cleaner and ask for a towel directly. Bathroom has no mop or rag to absorb the water from the tub. Lastly, I asked for complementary water so we can have coffee in the room, the crew said water is for a charge. So I said, but why did you provided a coffee withour a water, it was only that time the the crew realized that they didnt give us a complementary water by the time we've checked in. But all in all good for leisusre on a budget.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
sydney
Reviewed 23 October 2009

I've stayed at this hotel on arrival in Dubai for 2 nights, and returned following tour of Oman. On arrival 1st vist I was upgraded to Presidential suite by staff. This was unexpected by me and the staff treated me exceedingly well. The room was spacious and had everything and more than one would expect. Absolutely no complaints here. On my return to Dubai I happily stayed here again and though room was not the pres. suite it was a nice, clean room. I'm also well travelled and would happily rebook this hotel The other comments are cause for concern but based on my 2 visits I am surprised at all criticism. The restaurant was good and staff were respectful and pleasant.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple