“One of the best”

Ranked #204 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“One of the best”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Wanting a 3 day stopover on the way home from Europe to unwind after 2 weeks working in Europe, my wife chose Desert Palm to be away from the bustle of downtown Dubai. Extremely pleased to have discovered this Oasis. Frequent travelling throughout Europe/US/Asia for business has left us non-plussed by the cookie cut 5 star "experience". Whether it be a W, LA Shutters or other boutique hotel, you could be anywhere - not bad but just hotels.
Desert Palms is completely different. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. From the Manager Chris, through to restaurant staff like Adele, the gardeners and stable hands. A genuine friendliness prevades throughout the resort. A willingness to chat, laugh & inform. The facilities are first rate - pool, rooms, gym. The resort is immense and if, like my wife, you have an equestrian bent, the place is unbeatable. 4 Polo fields, stables, horse riding, and all things equestrian. Having residences attached to the resort adds an even more relaxed and familiar feeling. All in all one of the most pleasant places we have stayed at. We expect to come back very regularly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank StephanJC
GM_DesertPalm, General Manager at Desert Palm PER AQUUM, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear StephanJC,

Thank you for your review of our retreat and your generous feedback.

I pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and have passed on your comments to the team members you have mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Frankly speaking, from what I had seen online I had expected better. The rooms (which I think are re-purposed two bedroom villas) are old and are in dire need of a refit (for example the screen doors did not close properly). Also, whilst some staff are very nice and efficient, some aren't (a breakfast I had ordered from room service never arrived...) All in all, I expected better. The spa, however, was very good!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank dutchguy2
Dear Dutchguy2,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read about the disappointment you faced in our Pool Residences and with room service. We do have a thorough maintenance program and have identified the shortfalls you have mentioned. These villas have undergone necessary works and I would like you to return and experience the residences in the future. I have addressed the issue with room service and was very concerned that you did not receive your order which is unacceptable.

I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future and the team and myself look forward to ensuring you have much better experience of our hospitality and facilities.

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed here with my wife for 4 nights, and the place truly exceeded all expectations. The level of service was first class from every member of staff we met. We arrived at 6am due to our flight timing, and although our room wasn't ready, we were given another room to use until we were able to check in to our villa. The food in both restaurants was excellent, and the riding facilities first class. The fitness centre facilities were also excellent. Having stayed in a lot of "luxury" resorts and hotels over the years, I can honestly say that few have offered service as good as here, and rarely have I felt so relaxed after a short break. This really is an oasis, and you feel you are a world away from the hustle of downtown Dubai. I cannot recommend this place more highly.

Room Tip: Polo villa with private pool overlooking the polo field was wonderful
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John S
Dear John S,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at the Retreat.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our hospitality and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and once again exceeding your expectations.

london
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our initial reaction was to check out! Fortunately the manager Chris saved the day by being totally charming. The service at the front desk is poor but the staff at Epicure restaurant are excellent. This, however, is not a 5 star hotel. Mini bar not refreshed. Bread at breakfast is sliced mother's pride, the sun loungers round the pool at the villa are dirty and uncomfortable, pool towels had to be requested and were not replaced. Individually, these and other problems problems are small but when added together they are an irritation you don't need on holiday. Whilst it may be convenient to be near the airport, it is unfortunate that the hotel is on the flight path. Planes are low and frequent. Enjoyed watching the polo. A good place for families as villas are very spacious but if you want peace and quiet go to Al Maha.

Room Tip: The villas with pools are excellent for families with young children.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nicky4416
Dear Nicky4416,

Thank you for your review of our retreat and for choosing to stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you had such a disappointing time and am concerned that we were unable to address your issues while you were with us. We are here to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable time at the retreat and would have certainly rectified the issues you had faced during your stay.

I do hope that you stay with us again in the future and I will personally ensure you have a much more superior experience than the one you have described as this is not the level of service we strive to achieve and normally deliver.

If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than happy to help.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the Desert Palm for 3 days as part of our stop off journey to Mauritius for our anniversary.
It was only a short trip from the airport to the hotel (no more than 30 minutes) and we were met by refreshing drinks on check in which was much needed.

The hotel is surrounded by 4 polo fields (and 250 horses live at the Desert Palm) and you can just see the Burj Khalifah in the distance, so you do feel away from the busy centre and in a relaxing oasis.

The Hotel is completely 5* from the design to the service, as our room wasn't ready when we arrived, we were given breakfast which was sizeable and very delicious in Epicure; we were served 'jet lag juice' which really hit the spot! I have to say the meals and the juices in Epicure was the best that I have ever experienced!

The pool is right next to Epicure and is small, which reflects the fact that it is boutique.

We enjoyed Shisha in the early evening and lovely meals in Epicure, I hadn't realised that we had yet to trial the other restaurant as we were so happy with Epicure!

We stayed in the Palm Deluxe room which overlooked the pool, was thoroughly modern and clean and each day there was a small treat by way of fruit, sweet samples left in addition to water, as well as an anniversary gift of Turkish Delight and chocolate cake!

I thought that the service was fantastic, there were a few that really went above and beyond.

We would definitely do another short stay at the Desert Palm, especially as the service and the hotel was such great value for money.

Room Tip: Room 11 gives you great views over the pool
2 Thank MrsSAL
Dear MrsSAL,

Thank you for staying with us at Desert Palm and for your glowing review.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and remain on hand to assist in any way.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We arrived in Dubai at 2am due to a muck up with our booking and could only stay a really short time so we couldn't explore but what we did experience we loved. We'd just been staying in a five star hotel and it didn't match the desert palm. Amazing room, view over the polo field and fantastically equipped room welcomed with Turkish delight fruit, tea and coffee maker. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the breakfast was lovely - no buffet - thank goodness. We previously stayed at the Palm Atlantis and if you haven't got kids its just awful, compared to that this was an oasis of luxury and peace. The personal service from Taha Farouk the front manager was amazing. I think may be he's still getting his staff up to speed in terms of training. But our service was amazing, friendly and helpful and not pushy or in your face. I definately recommend this as a grown up place to stay in Dubai.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the polo field.
2 Thank scarlettstuff
Dear Scarlettstuff,

Thank you for staying with us at Desert Palm and for your generous review.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I have passed on your feedback to our team members.

Dubai
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My Husband and I live in Dubai and we know of the DP very well, they are also one of my clients. However, having our wedding there, meant we really had to trust the venue to look after us, our wedding and our guests.

The DP and the events team were amazing, despite some freak weather, storms and rain in the days leading up to and on the day of our wedding, the team pulled off an amazing wet weather plan and shifted our original choice of location by the residents pool. I can say that that hotel is one of the best, if not the best hotel I have ever stayed at in Dubai...

I think it must be built on some kind of spiritual magnetic field, the positive energy that hotel has is powerful, I was so calm and relaxed during my wedding, the staff were amazing, the food was incredible and our room delightful,,,I had a few issues with reservation in the lead up to the big day, but I blame that on an individual rather than the hotel.

I’m totally in love with the Desert Palm and I am already planning our 1st anniversary dinner there in the Olive gardens, I can't wait to go back. Our guests raved about the hotel too. I LOVE IT! XX

2 Thank Desertspider
Dear Desertspider,

Thank you for your continued patronage of Desert Palm and your wonderful review.

Once again congratulations and we are happy to hear we were able to make your day so special. I have passed on your feedback to the team and they are always happy to go the extra mile for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again at the property and to you celebrating special occasions with us in the future.