“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Perth
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel late September this year and was very disappointed. Room spacious but bathroom not cleaned properly daily. Electronic keys never worked and spent a lot I
Of time at reception getting them reworked adaptor plugs kept on falling out of wall socket so charging phones and camera problem dining room a shambles with the majority of guests sifting through the food with theirs fingers pool area nice but too hot to go up there with few umbrellas for shade. Never again.

Room Tip: Get a hotel in new part of dubai
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PJTPerth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I am a regular traveler to Dubai & always stay in Hotel Royal Ascot. All the time i had been there, i always had good experience. But this time during my stay from 19th Sep to 22nd Sep, stay was good, staff very co-operative & polite but i was shocked to see the breakfast next morning.
They had no variety for Vegetarian food.
Even we spoke with Manager in the restaurant, but he also said that even he has revieved many complaints from other guests that there are not much options for Veg items in breakfast, but the higher management has done nothing to it.

So overall this is a good property, but NEED TO ADD SOME MORE VARIETY IN VEG BREAKFAST.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Bank Street are better than ones facing on the back side.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AF711
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I Stayed here from 23 Aug - 3 Sep 2013. The Hotel is good and clean, Good Location for food Joints and all. However the problem I faced was with their Electronic keys,, Every Day the battery was not working., The Staff was also a little impolite.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank arvind121
Barmera
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Room was very large with all amenities and good airconditioning (Outside temp low forties) Plenty of helpfull staff. Excelent American breakfast with cook prepared to do eggs however you liked . Close to water and cheap taxis to anywhere. Loved the pool and spa on the roof, with good view over city. Heat haze and heat made it hard to stay on roof for long during the day.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be similar
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Waxy41
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The rooms are very spacious, comfortable and cosy. They serve
good buffet breakfast. The juices are also very good specially orange juice with pulp is very delicious. The hotel is located at a very convenient place. The electronics market is at a walking distance. Metro station is also close by and many restaurants are also situated in close proximity.
The rooftop has a swimming pool and spa place. To sum up I would like to suggest this hotel to people coming for business.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank aayeye
athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

in Dubai is often due to work commitments and the hotel is borne by the company that i work.it is a cheap solusion. general. transition in different parts of the city is relatively easy and customer satisfaction. the spa I have not gone so I can have some regard, i can say, however, that they should do something better for breakfast , not many food options In relation to other hotels

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank john p
India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

The most horrible stay I could ever have in the 4 star hotel. I was on a family trip in June, 2013 and had booked 2 rooms for 6 nights. As I was suppose to arrive little early, so I had requested for early check in which I was denied upon arrival. I requested to give me atleast one room, the front desk staff citing reason no room available.Since, my family was very tired, I asked them to provide me one room on charge, then I was offered room instantly.I think this is double standards by the hotel. If the hotel had spare room then they could have given me the early check in since I was staying there for 6 nights. Housekeeping services are awful, my room was not cleaned for two days even after repeated requests. During 2nd night of my stay, in the mid of night while sleeping I felt acute pain and itching on my neck, I woke up and to my horror I found whole of my head, neck & ears swelled with lots of rashes. I was shocked to find bed bugs under my pillow and all over my bed. Itching was so severe that I had to go to hospital in the mid of night. Obviously, I had to change the room, but hotel didn't have any spare room so they offered me to move over to new hotel. Finally, I decided to move into my children's room with extra beds. Somehow, I managed to pass that night and in the morning everybody in hotel was sorry for what had happened. I was furious and wanted to checkout. Then, the manager upgraded our family to two bedroom executive apartment without any extra charge. They waived off my one day charge and the early check in charge. They did try to please me with all the upgradation, but they definitely ruined my holiday mood and finally I checked out of the hotel two days in advance to end my nightmarish stay.
Though, I had been staying in this hotel for the last 6-7 years as I am a frequent business traveller and recommending lot of people to stay there. But now, I vow to never stay there nor recommend this hotel. Because this hotel is more after quantity visitors rather than offering quality services. So guys, if you stay there, keep ready to be bitten by the bed bugs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family