“Great Hotel. My new home in Dubai”

Flora Park Deluxe Hotel Apartments
Ranked #145 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was my second stay in Flora Park.
After numerous stay at Emirates Towers, I stumbled upon this hotel in june 2011 on the way back to the US from Mumbai with my wife and there kids. It was a delight. We were accommodated in a great two bedroom apartment fully furnished, clean and spacious at a fraction of a cost of my previous stay at different hotel. This month I stayed from 03/10 to 03/18 and enjoyed a great room, attentive service from a great team of employees and being close to where I conduct business.
From now on, this is my home in Dubai.

• Stayed: March 2012
Herve P, General Manager at Flora Park Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is very nice to hear positive description of our property. This is a great source of motivation to all our team members to deliver the quality service.
Again thank you very much and we are looking forward in welcoming you again here in Dubai.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I reserved 2 apartments for our family of 6. We arrived at 9am after spending 3 hours at the airport due to the slow immigration processes. Our pick up transfer at the airport had already left, but a quick call from a colleague and he was back to fetch us in good time. However, on check in, it seemed as if they were not expecting us that early and we were told that check in was only 2pm. Email correspondence was very prompt and I was advised to book the apartment from the day before to ensure that the room was available for early check in, which I did, so I was a bit disappointed with the long wait to check in at reception ~ half hour.
On the whole I was extremely pleased with the hotel. The location is good for public transport and across the road is Day to Day supermarket and the Deira City Centre. Our apartment on the 1st floor was huge and we had a balcony with a small zen garden.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share us your valuable comments which are vital and will help us to improve our quality of service.

We are sorry to read your feedback with regards to the delay of service upon arrival. We are currently undergoing training sessions to further improve the speed of check-in.

Once again, we do apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope that this experience will not deter you from using Flora Park Deluxe Hotel Apartments in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights the loction was good n easy to reach the rooms were good but the the housekeeping was too much slow the remotes of our room lcd were without batteries and asked the housekeeping staff to give me batteries but the gave me the batteries after three days i called them several times for the batteries

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank navidsh1

Thank you for choosing Flora Park hotel Apartments during your recent stay in Dubai. With regards of the late respond regarding the delivery of new batteries for your TV remote control, we have just implemented a new system which allows us to responds very quickly to all guests needs. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience cause and we look forward to see you again in not so distant future.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here in Feb for 5 nights, with my Friend on a Golfing Trip.
Great 2 Bedroom apartment with everything that we needed, and loads of space of Golf Bags etc. Apartment was spacious and very clean.

Staff were very helpfull with any question that we had and easily arranged our transport to the various Golf Courses that we were playing

Will be coming Back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for choosing Flora Park Hotel Apartments during your recent stay in Dubai. It is really nice to read your comments regarding the hotels facilities, friendliness of the staff and for the wonderful description of our property. It really reflects our service attitude and our guest care values. We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel with my mother for 4nights. The place exceeded our expectations! On arrival we were asked whether we prefered seperate beds & so were upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment free of charge. The rooms are spacious and VERY clean! The flat comes with a fully equiped kitchen & we had a lovely view of the creek from the balcony. The front desk staff are very friendly & helpful especially Hassan. A metro stop is located across the road from the hotel which will get you anywhere within 20mins max! Also Deira City mall is like a 2 minute walk. We really couldn't fault the hotel & will most definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for very much your feedback from your stay with us. Truly wonderful to read your comments. We have just given a positive recommendation to the employee mentioned and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in Flora Park Hotel Apartments.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Flora Park, although quite dated, is conveniently located for the amenities of Deira City Centre and offers large apartments that are very well equipped. However, this is essentially a muslim hotel targeted to arabic families, something that is not made clear on the online booking agents or the hotel's own website. I am not sure how frequently they receive western visitors but my own group was treated with suspicion and hostility, to the extent that we left after the first night instead of staying for five, as originally planned.

I went to Dubai for a wedding with a number of university friends from all corners of the globe. Upon arrival, I checked into Flora Park with a female friend of Caribbean origin, who happens to have very short hair, and we were later joined by a Chinese girl who came over to see us before going out for dinner. A member of staff came up to the apartment to unlock our balcony doors and, five minutes later, we received a phone call from the reception, advising us that we are not allowed male visitors and that any males must vacate the premises otherwise we will have to leave.

Our initial reaction was of complete shock, until we realised that the "male" was the Caribbean girl; and myself and the Chinese girl were the "entertainers". I ran down to the reception to explain the situation but the reception manager on duty was very unsympathetic, insisted on checking everyone's passports and was in the middle of giving me a lecture on local morals when the prospective bride showed up with the groom and best man to take us out for dinner. The groom and best man - being real males - were refused entry and a group argument commenced in a mix of arabic and english; with the conclusion that we would be leaving the next day.

The next morning, we went down to check out and found the friendly reception staff who had checked us in the previous day. They were very surprised to see us leave and, after we explained what had happened the night before they apologised and tried their best to convince us to stay - but by this stage the damage was already done. We moved to a room in the Sheraton which, although smaller and shabbier, allowed us to feel a lot more comfortable than we did in Flora Park.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anonymous122
Herve P, General Manager at Flora Park Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Dear Anonymous122,

I want to thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and I sincerely apologize to you and to your friends for your dire experience while staying with us.

With regards of the misunderstanding with our Reception Supervisor on Duty, please note that your comments have been addressed internally and we will reinforce training to our teams for the proper communication of the UAE's protocols.
Again, I am truly sorry your stay with us was not up to the expected level, rest assured that this was an exception rather than a rule.

I will be delighted to assist you with your reservation for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Please note that this group has two properties in this area, the other one is flora creek.

Upon getting here at 1:30 we were told that our room will be ready by half an hour, so we went to day2day center which is across the street while city center is also walking distance and metro is stone throw away.

The male staff at the reception are very co-operative while Filipino lady staff at reception acts like a robot without any expressions or smile.

Staff was always present at lifts welcoming guests and opening doors from them while bellboy staff were also great.

The 2 bedroom apartment which we had booked was great with living area and 2 rooms along with fully equipped kitchen, there were 2 attached baths and one common washroom. The microwave seemed overused and all its markings for instructions were vanished so it was hard to operate it.

The bathrooms and showers were all great. We were on the 12th floor and view from our room was great as well.

Room Tip: were were a family of 4 adult and 2 child. If you have such group then go for 2 bedroom apartment