“Splendid Hotel with it's own Mall”
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
“Splendid Hotel with it's own Mall”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

If you like Dubai, you will like the Raffles Hotel: It looks like a Pyramid and thus fits perfectly well to the Wafi Mall. The rooms are huge and come with a terrace - even though it might be a bit too warm outside to actually use it. Internet connection: Flawless. AC: perfect.
The Fire & Ice Barbecue serves fantastic steaks.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about Raffles Dubai on trip advisor.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the steaks in Fire & Ice and the size of our rooms.

Furthermore, you are correct that we adjoin Wafi Mall. Most of our residents find it extremely convenient to be able to access the shops without having to step outside!

We look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Peter French

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (755)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dunfermline
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed in Raffles with my wife for 6 days during October 2011. My wife was on business while I was just enjoying the sun.

Arrived at around 3am to find no double room available. So we were upgraded for 2 nights to a Suite. Wow, very nice. Jaccuzi with TV was nice, but never managed to use it. Pity.

Staff always helpful. Especially the ones around the pool.
Food was also of a high quality in the hotel.

Only complaint would be the price of wine and beer.

1 Thank PaulMCurtis
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor.

I was pleased to note that you and your wife had had an excellent stay and that you found the staff helpful. Furthermore I was happy to read that you found the food of high quality and that you had enjoyed your suite.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I would expect nothing but first class with the Raffles branding especially having stayed in Raffles Singapore and LA.
The reception upon arrival was a little disappointing. As I walked in through the main entrance, no one offered to help me with my baggage. Although I booked a club room, the check in was done at the main reception instead of the usual club check-in or in-room check-in. After the formalities, I would expect the usual standard protocol of Raffles to walk the guests to their rooms and ensure that all their needs are looked after. I was shown to the lift and that's it!
Do expect the usual club facilites and food presentations although it was not impressive as the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons.
When I encountered some problem with the coffee machine in the room, a butler came to my rescue rather promptly bringing along some bottles of water and coffee capsules. That's what I call pro-activeness. Well done! The staff at the club are very polite and pro-active too. They would ask if I needed more tea/coffee and offer some water.
The bedroom is pretty standard for raffles standard which is big. Don't like the floor tiles though. The bathroom is spacious enough with standard amenities. But why do they provide only one set of toothbrush? Well, at least raffles provide toothbrush set in Dubai. Some hotels in this region don't expect guests to brush their teeth I guess. The bed is so comfortable that I slept for 10 hours!
I was introduced to the breakfast spread by a staff member who then showed me the my seat. Standard selection of hot and cold breakfast items available. Nothing to wow me over.
Overall, this hotel met my expectations except for the check-in and initial reception. Sadly, the first impression always lasts. I am not impressed with this hotel and would not recommend it to my friends. I still like Raffles but not raffles dubai.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

I sincerely apologise that the negative first impression marred your entire stay at Raffles Dubai.

We have noted all of your feedback and comments which I have personally shared and discussed with the managers in charge, without remarks such as these we would be unable to enhance and upgrade our service, standards and facilities.

That said; I was pleased to note that your butler and the Raffles Club lounge staff were polite and pro-active and these comments have also been shared with the teams involved.

I thank you and apologise once again; and I do hope that in the future you may allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 October 2011

You would expect nothing but first class, mainly because it is the Raffles branding, but the overhyped property leaves you feeling like you have paid full economy fare on a premium airline. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the property, everyone gets the job done, some better than the others, but there just isn't the 'wow' factor that leaves you with a good taste in your mouth.

Driving up to the hotel and met with the bellhop who seemed rather clueless, I told him I'll take my own bag. Check-in was anticipated at the club floor but was directed to a rather disorganised check-in area at the lobby. He got the job done after a while, but it made me wonder why I paid the premium to stay on the club floor when there was no distinct priviledges. Was given a room on the 5th floor (was told that it's a club room... but 5th floor is the first level of guest rooms). Asked for a list of benefits of club floor guest but told that there isn't one. Was walked to the lift.

Room was decent and clean and had a view of the garden. Had a large balcony which comfortably sat two people. Nice lounge area, bed was comfy, bathroom and walk-in wardrobe well-appointed.

Club floor guests were invited to have afternoon tea from 3-5pm (scones are excellent) and evening canapes and cocktails from 6-8pm (with rather limited snacks and a poor selection of hot finger food). Club lounge staff does the job, are friendly, but once again, have that missing element which you just can't put your finger to.

Spa facilities are adequate.

Checkout was an easy and fussfree affair at the lounge.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

We were disappointed to read that you found your stay underwhelming and that Raffles Dubai did not live up to your expectations or provide you with a wow factor.

I have shared your feedback with my management team and they are looking into their invidual areas to see where improvements can be made. Furthermore, I apologise that you felt your arrival experience was so poor and this is one area we are re-visiting during our departmental training.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention as it allows us to upgrade and enhance our resident experience.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I stayed at raffles on a business trip. The hotel is ideally located in a quiter location and close to the metro ( walking distance). Ideal for me.

It is elegant in design and rooms are spacious and balcony view of the Garden is lovely.

All staff are polite at all times and they go out of their way to help and assist with your stay. The butler we had on our floor was extremely helpful and prompt in any query I had.

I definately would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again very soon.

Keep up the excellent service Raffles Dubai team :0) Regards - Rashad M. (telecoms management consultant)

Room Tip: City view from your balcany room is great at night. Garden view recommended for those who like open...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

We were very pleased to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that you would recommend our hotel. Furthermore we were happy to read that you found our staff, and in particular your personal butler, polite and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on a furture occasion.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My wife and I spent a short break in Dubai (Oct 11) and visited Raffles for the first (but not last time). We had one of the excellent & stylish Club rooms, overlooking the garden-view aspect, with the new Green Line Metro a short walk away.
NB. This is the more quiet location, opposite to the large 'interstate road'.
We have visited the changing Dubai, several times over a period of 16 yrs.
From initial arrival to our departure the staff we encountered, at all levels, were exemplary- offering a seemingly bespoke service, that all quality hotels should aspire to. Special mentions go to Irish Q for the reservation, Anup at reception, the 10th Floor Club Team, notably Cesar & Rai (?), and the Poolside boys. All offering a professional/ discrete service.
My wife enjoyed the afternoon tea, including Scones with jam/ cream, very English !
The hotel enjoys seamless access to the Wafi Mall, that includes a nice/ busy, open-air eclectic restaurant (NB. alcohol free).
Hotel was not obviously child-friendly, but this suited us.
Will definitely return, Peter French should be rightly proud of all his staff.
Hopefully they can maintain these high, self-imposed quality standards.

Steve G. Airline Engineer.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the rooftop Garden-area are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Steve G
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on trip advisor.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our service professional and discrete. In addition, your gracious comments about some of our team members has been shared with all the colleagues at the hotel and is testament to their hardwork and customer focus.

We do hope that you will continue to return to Dubai to see the changes and that you will allow us the opportunity of you choosing to stay at Raffles.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Excellent hotal
I like it to much
Speciel for caupel

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.

We were very pleased to note that you had an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.