“AWESOME!!!!!”
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I would not stay at any other hotel...

This was my first visit to Dubai and this hotel exceeded expectations in all respects. Near the airport, walking distance from the metro or walk out and you've got a taxi. Has a direct entry from the lobby into the Wafi mall. The lobby was so grand and all members of staff (except one who was overly chatty) were extremely courteous, helpful and welcoming. The red lounge at the top also gives a very nice view of Dubai.. The floor butler also greeted us and told us we could call him anytime we wanted. They even left us a very tasty chocolate cake and a card in our room for our anniversary. Our stay was very comfortable and we really enjoyed staying at the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and had a wide variety of food on offer. Besides, we ordered rice and daal once late at night and it tasted soooo good.. Better than some of the best and so called Michelin restaurants in India where I have eaten recently... (and for which I have just written a bad review just before this one)....we had a couple of hours before we left for the airport and we hung out in the cafe in the lobby. So we ordered a couple of drinks and a portion of fries. I must say the quality of the French fries was nothing but awesssomme.. So fresh and tasty.. And they gave us two small bottles of sauce and Mayo with it.. Yummy.. You guys gotta try it for yourselves...

All in all... This hotel deserves nothing less than a score of 100 out of 10. Definitely definitely recommended. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Ajay C
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for posting your positive feedback about your recent holiday and stay at Raffles Dubai on Trip Advisor.

It was most pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your trip and that we helped make your anniversary special. Furthermore I was delighted to note that the taste of our fries and Daal far exceeded your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the team at the hotel.

Once again, we would like to offer our most sincere thanks to you for highly recommending our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

Peter French

Write a ReviewReviews (3,580)

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Raffles is a very elegant hotel. Beautifully furnished, extremely clean with friendly helpfull staff. I'm not sure how they do it but remember your name and use it.

Our club room was fabulous with a view over the garden and WAFI mall.

Both check in at the front desk and check out at the Raffles Club lounge were excellent.

We had some issues with service at the Raffles club when we arrived, which we expressed to the management and they took this feedback very seriously. Apologies profusely given and very good service from then on. We were very touched by the extra special treatment we received on the evening of our wedding aniversary.

I feel that it has to be said that the food offerings at the club were not impressive and not as good as we have experienced at other hotels in Dubai.

Despite this we feel that Raffles is a fabulous hotel in a very good position, near the metro station and also having the benefit of the WAFI mall next door.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travellers-Chick
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor.

I was pleased to note that you found the hotel elegant and that we helped make your wedding anniversary special. I was also pleased to read that your initial service experience with Raffles Club was handled quickly and to your satisfaction by the team; and that the rest of your stay was fabulous.

That said, I have discussed your remarks regarding the club food offerings with our Executive Chef and he will look at enhancing this area. Thank you for providing this feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

I booked Raffles for a one night stay in Dubai following a few days out at a desert retreat. I largely picked it for its closeness to the Airport as we were taking an early flight home the following morning, and its value for money. We arrived and were taken aback by the stunning Lobby and went to check in. I had paid a small amount extra, around £35 I think to have one of the club rooms so that we could enjoy the complimentary drinks and afternoon tea in the club lounge. We were personally escorted by the lovely receptionist upto the Club floor where we were offered drinks and seats to complete our check in at the dedicated reception.
I had mentioned on the reservation that we were in Dubai to celebrate my 40th Birthday and we were informed that we had been given an upgrade - Wow! We were escorted to the biggest suite I have ever seen, enormous lounge, huge bed, jacuzzi and even an office area all with stunning views of the Burj & Dubai skyline - there was even a cake waiting for me. Our door knocked a few moments later, our butler informing us that if we needed anything 24hrs he was there! Sadly we were not there for long enough to make use of the hotels facilities but had an amazing end to our trip being treated so wonderfully by every member of staff we met. The only negative is that we werent there for longer - we will definitely return!

Room Tip: Well worth the extra for the club rooms and if its a special occasion make sure to let them know on...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank k4kitten

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on trip advisor.

We were delighted to read that you had had an amazing stay and that your only complaint was that you were only here one night! Furthermore, I was pleased to note that you were made to feel special on your birthday and that you enjoyed the upgrade to a suite.

Your feedback has been shared with the entire team at the hotel - thank you once again.

We trust you had a smooth onwards journey and we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

If you like Dubai, you will like the Raffles Hotel: It looks like a Pyramid and thus fits perfectly well to the Wafi Mall. The rooms are huge and come with a terrace - even though it might be a bit too warm outside to actually use it. Internet connection: Flawless. AC: perfect.
The Fire & Ice Barbecue serves fantastic steaks.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about Raffles Dubai on trip advisor.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the steaks in Fire & Ice and the size of our rooms.

Furthermore, you are correct that we adjoin Wafi Mall. Most of our residents find it extremely convenient to be able to access the shops without having to step outside!

We look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed in Raffles with my wife for 6 days during October 2011. My wife was on business while I was just enjoying the sun.

Arrived at around 3am to find no double room available. So we were upgraded for 2 nights to a Suite. Wow, very nice. Jaccuzi with TV was nice, but never managed to use it. Pity.

Staff always helpful. Especially the ones around the pool.
Food was also of a high quality in the hotel.

Only complaint would be the price of wine and beer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulMCurtis
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor.

I was pleased to note that you and your wife had had an excellent stay and that you found the staff helpful. Furthermore I was happy to read that you found the food of high quality and that you had enjoyed your suite.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

I would expect nothing but first class with the Raffles branding especially having stayed in Raffles Singapore and LA.
The reception upon arrival was a little disappointing. As I walked in through the main entrance, no one offered to help me with my baggage. Although I booked a club room, the check in was done at the main reception instead of the usual club check-in or in-room check-in. After the formalities, I would expect the usual standard protocol of Raffles to walk the guests to their rooms and ensure that all their needs are looked after. I was shown to the lift and that's it!
Do expect the usual club facilites and food presentations although it was not impressive as the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons.
When I encountered some problem with the coffee machine in the room, a butler came to my rescue rather promptly bringing along some bottles of water and coffee capsules. That's what I call pro-activeness. Well done! The staff at the club are very polite and pro-active too. They would ask if I needed more tea/coffee and offer some water.
The bedroom is pretty standard for raffles standard which is big. Don't like the floor tiles though. The bathroom is spacious enough with standard amenities. But why do they provide only one set of toothbrush? Well, at least raffles provide toothbrush set in Dubai. Some hotels in this region don't expect guests to brush their teeth I guess. The bed is so comfortable that I slept for 10 hours!
I was introduced to the breakfast spread by a staff member who then showed me the my seat. Standard selection of hot and cold breakfast items available. Nothing to wow me over.
Overall, this hotel met my expectations except for the check-in and initial reception. Sadly, the first impression always lasts. I am not impressed with this hotel and would not recommend it to my friends. I still like Raffles but not raffles dubai.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

I sincerely apologise that the negative first impression marred your entire stay at Raffles Dubai.

We have noted all of your feedback and comments which I have personally shared and discussed with the managers in charge, without remarks such as these we would be unable to enhance and upgrade our service, standards and facilities.

That said; I was pleased to note that your butler and the Raffles Club lounge staff were polite and pro-active and these comments have also been shared with the teams involved.

I thank you and apologise once again; and I do hope that in the future you may allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

You would expect nothing but first class, mainly because it is the Raffles branding, but the overhyped property leaves you feeling like you have paid full economy fare on a premium airline. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the property, everyone gets the job done, some better than the others, but there just isn't the 'wow' factor that leaves you with a good taste in your mouth.

Driving up to the hotel and met with the bellhop who seemed rather clueless, I told him I'll take my own bag. Check-in was anticipated at the club floor but was directed to a rather disorganised check-in area at the lobby. He got the job done after a while, but it made me wonder why I paid the premium to stay on the club floor when there was no distinct priviledges. Was given a room on the 5th floor (was told that it's a club room... but 5th floor is the first level of guest rooms). Asked for a list of benefits of club floor guest but told that there isn't one. Was walked to the lift.

Room was decent and clean and had a view of the garden. Had a large balcony which comfortably sat two people. Nice lounge area, bed was comfy, bathroom and walk-in wardrobe well-appointed.

Club floor guests were invited to have afternoon tea from 3-5pm (scones are excellent) and evening canapes and cocktails from 6-8pm (with rather limited snacks and a poor selection of hot finger food). Club lounge staff does the job, are friendly, but once again, have that missing element which you just can't put your finger to.

Spa facilities are adequate.

Checkout was an easy and fussfree affair at the lounge.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

We were disappointed to read that you found your stay underwhelming and that Raffles Dubai did not live up to your expectations or provide you with a wow factor.

I have shared your feedback with my management team and they are looking into their invidual areas to see where improvements can be made. Furthermore, I apologise that you felt your arrival experience was so poor and this is one area we are re-visiting during our departmental training.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention as it allows us to upgrade and enhance our resident experience.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.