“Fantastic! Truly”
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I spent 5 nights at the Raffles Dubai in the last week of January. Upon arrival I was met by a team of friendly and helpful receptionists. However, as the Hotel was hosting a conference the hotel was quite busy.

I was upgraded to a Landmark Suite as a result of being a member of the Fairmont President's Club as well as a frequent visitor of Raffles hotels. I also had a standard room as a second room. Both rooms were large, being approximately 200 and 75 square meters respectively. The signature standard room was well equipped. Had warm interior hues complementing the comfortable sleeping and seating area's. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The bathroom was spacious but I did feel it was missing some warmth.

The Landmark Suite was gorgeous! Equipped with amazing artwork, unique pieces of furniture, and every imaginable modern convenience. The suite has 1 master bedroom, ensuite, a powder room, a bar, spacious dining room and adjoining sitting room, a study and the piece de resistance- the wrap around balcony! Perfect for a tanning session! The bathroom has a wall mounted TV above the bath-tub. The bathroom in the Landmark suite has Asprey amenities.

The breakfast was very pleasant. It had a wide array of buffet options- offering an Indian option, Asian option as well as Continental. The restaurant is spacious and inviting and the service is superb.

What I noticed throughout the hotel was the standard of cleanliness. Each tile was polished, every table shone.. It made the stay extra homely.

If there is one thing I wish I could change about the hotel, it would be the location. However I do realise that this is my personal opinion. I do visit the Dubai Mall mostly. But in the Raffle's defence, the taxi ride is a mere 10 minutes away at a cost of 2.5 US dollars..

I would probably visit the Raffles again. I have no major complaints! And I am quite a demanding traveller! Well Done Raffles Team!!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Jozi-sa
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for posting your kind review on the TripAdvisor website.

We were delighted to note that even though you are a self proclaimed 'demanding traveller', we had managed to ensure that you had a fantastic stay and that you had no major complaints!

Furthermore thank you for your lovely words about the cleanliness - which has been shared with our housekeeping team - and our landmark suite which as you correctly stated is 205sqm with a wrap around balcony.

That said, thank you for your comments about the bathroom which has been shared with the department head in charge for his consideration.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai.

There are newer reviews for Raffles Dubai

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Can't say enough about the professional and friendly staff. A perfect balance of courtesy and friendliness at all levels, reception, restaurant, concierge...

The rooms are just great, quite spacious and seem to have been furnished by a smart and practical individual! Every thing you need is there and is excatly where you need it. AND with free wifi.

Location is good, close to Sheikh Zayed Road and Burj area, yet not far from airport, and stuck to Wafi mall.

Definitely one of my favorite hotels! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: If you're staying for a night or two, ask for an upgrade, their suites are amazing!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

The entire team at Raffles Dubai strives to provide excellent consistent service and we were delighted to read that on this occasion we had been successful.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We have just returned from an amazing five night stay.

We were very fortunate and lucky to be upgraded from a signature club room to diplomatic suite. A vast 160sq m suite, with entrance hall, lounge, cloakroom, bedroom, walk in wardrobe, office area and a large bathroom. Not forgetting the enormous balcony with dining area and cushioned loungers. The rooms are divine, and the beds, linen, down pillows are absolute bliss...

As other reviewers have mentioned, the lobby is spectacular and very striking, the WAFI Mall is very conveniently located next to the hotel, it lacks the buzz of other Malls but for a quick shop and wander, very handy.

STAFF - The amazing decor and architecture aside, IMO what makes this hotel stand out, above and beyond others, and makes it one of my personal favourites is the staff. Every single member of staff was confident, relaxed, well trained and professional.

LOCATION: 10/15 minutes from the airport, 10 minutes to Dubai Mall in a taxi and a three minute walk to the Metro, Dubai Health City which was only a few stops away from the Gold Souk (rather handy!)

POOL: It's not the largest pool, very comfy loungers, excellent attentive staff who supplied you with complimentary iced tea, water and fruit skewers. There is road noise on this side of the hotel, but that did not bother us.

BREAKFAST: Excellent, really good choice, in hindsight, I can't think of anywhere else that has offered a better choice - We only had one day when it was too busy and chaotic. I guess everyone came down at the same time.

CLUB LOUNGE: Great option, afternoon tea, evening cocktails and free wifi. We enjoyed this option especially the afternoon tea and evening cocktails with hot food. We also had free wifi in our room, not sure if this is only a club level perk.

We've stayed at many hotels in Dubai since our first visit in 1997. This has to be one of our fav's.

We had a lovely stay - many thanks to all ...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PANDP2006

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We were glad to read that you had an amazing stay and that you found the staff confident, well trained and relaxed - wonderful feedback and one that has been shared with the entire team at the hotel.

Moreover, thank you for your lovely words about the other areas within the hotel and that given your extensive visits to the region we are amongst your favourite hotels in Dubai, a superb accolade.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Having spent a week at this hotel we found it to be in a good location. The new metro train system is within a few minutes walk and gets you quickly to all locations quickly if you want an alternative to the inexpensive taxis. The quality of the hotel is really excellent and the staff so friendly and helpful. Our club room was so spacious and beautifully furnished. The self service breakfast buffet was first class with a huge selection. We had a wonderful stay and certainly look forward to returning to this first class hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

We were very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable weeks’ vacation at Raffles Dubai and that you found the staff friendly and helpful.

Furthermore, we were happy to note that you found your club room spacious and beautifully furnished - at 70sqm they are amongst the largest club rooms in Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have to say that this hotel is probably one of my favorite hotels in the world. The next time I visit Dubai, I definitely plan on staying here longer.

We arrived at around 10pm on a Friday night and were set to leave for Abu Dhabi in the morning, so we just spent one night here again. However, despite just being here one night, I still have the fondest of memories of this amazing property. The common areas are still jaw-dropping, but the service and the room quality are again what really impressed me. The greeting in the reception was absolutely friendly and quick; within minutes, I was in the room, admiring the skyline.

The room was extraordinary. We stayed in just the standard room this time, and it was out of this world! Spacious and roughly the size of most suites (at least a junior suite), the room felt large, open and well layed out. The design was flawless, even down to the color of the accent wall in the living room space. The balcony was huge, offering lovely views down to the pool or across Sheikh Zayed Road towards the Dubai skyline. You immediately forgot that this was a standard room.

We did not sample any of the amenities or services of the hotel, but we have a running joke that Raffles has my favorite breakfast in the world. It is true; I loved the variety on offer in the hotel and heartily recommend it, both for quality and level of service. I would love to return and sample their main dining options, as I would suspect that the quality either meets or exceeds that of my expectations.

For the price, this hotel simply cannot be beat. I have stayed in some of the best hotels, and Raffles stands proudly near the very top of that list. Dubai is truly a fantasy-like playground of hotels, with hundreds to choose from, but if you are looking for quality and luxury, look no further. Clearly, this hotel is probably not ideal for those travelers on the hunt for a beach experience, but for those visiting Dubai for the first time and looking to sight-see or those familiar enough with Dubai to not be deterred by the non-beachfront location, Raffles will outshine any other hotel you try to compare it to. Having stayed in a beautiful Landmark Suite on our previous visit, I was worried that the hotel would disappoint when sampling a standard room, but I can assure you that the experience was every bit as lovely, and I am looking forward to returning soon to spend more than just a night!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that you had another fantastic stay with us and that despite your initial doubt our Signature Room proved to be spacious and well layed out.

Furthermore, we were very pleased to note that Raffles has one of your favourite breakfasts in the world - a lovely comment and one we have shared with the Food & Beverage team members who work in this outlet.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the Dubai where we hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

First of all, I want to start off by saying thank you to the wonderful Gabriel at the concierge service. We rented a car and went to Abu Dhabi and upon our return, my husband forgot his favorite leather jacket in the car. The next morning was our departure so we didn't have enough time to pick it up from the car rental service. With a heavy heart, we left the hotel without my husband's favorite jacket, but I was determined to get it back. I called the Raffles and spoke with many concierge but the most helpful was Gabriel. He got the jacket back from the car service and had it shipped to us here in Arizona. He was truly wonderful. Thank you again Gabriel!!

We celebrated our wedding anniversary in Dubai and chose the Raffles Dubai for our stay. Our stay was perfect!! I can't stress how wonderful the staff is and and how they took care of everything. They upgraded us to the 12th floor and the club level giving us a beautiful view of the city. The staff placed a delicious cake in our room, congratulating us on our anniversary. The rooms are very spacious and the bathroom was also very nice. The breakfast buffet at Azur was delicious. Our stay was perfect in every way all thanks to the wonderful Raffles Hotel. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Club level is great, high levels have a good view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a perfect vacation and that Gabriel from our concierge far exceeded your expectations but assisting you locate your jacket. We have shared your wonderful comments with Gabriel and the entire team at the hotel - thank you so much for your kind words.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on a future occasion.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The staff is so helpful and polite. When my husband's room was not ready, he was given another at no additional charge. The breakfast buffet is international and extremely good. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

We were pleased to read that you found the hotel terrific and that despite the fact your husband’s room was not ready we were able to offer a temporary solution.

Thank you for highly recommending our hotel, we hope to be able to welcome you back to Raffles Dubai on a future occasion.