“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Poole, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed here in April while attending the World Congress of Cardiology and was very impressed with the hotel. The two most important features for me were the incredibly friendly, professional and helpful staff and the immaculate large room with every conceivable amenity. There is so much choice in hotels and I am sure there are many excellent hotels in Dubai but one would find it hard to beat this establishment. Well done and continue to concentrate on maintaining such high levels of service and staff rapport - its probably one of the hardest goals to achieve and is much sought after by guests whether they on business or pleasure. I am revisiting Dubai for a weekend of work in a week and have been booked for a night in another hotel - it will be interesting to compare - I hope it can match these high standards. Thank you

Room Tip: If you are lucky you may be upgraded - they have some spectacular rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to read that you found to hotel great and that you found the staff friendly, professional and helpful.

Furthermore, I am glad your hotel room had all the amenities needed to ensure you had a comfortable stay.

Thank you for recommending Raffles Dubai.

Peter French

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (755)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Rooms are huge but decor seems cheap. I felt that throughout the hotel - its a dated attempt at opulent design. Comfort level is passing grade.

Location is a bit off as well, by Wafi, closer to Downtown but far far away from Marina/Palm. In mall obsessed Dubai, the much older Wafi is not the same league as the newer Dubai Mall, or Emirates Mall.

If you are driving and miss the exit off the highway - good luck! You'll drive around endlessly to make your way back. Very difficult entrance. Although, can't blame the hotel. Dubai's ridiculous design ensures you drive round and around without reaching your destination - literally & philosophically!!

Dined room service and food quality was passing grade only - nothing special.

Was told upon check-in that breakfast inclusive rate meant i could eat in-room, but was charged upon checkout. When discussed the extra charge, was told that I was wrong. One out of two nights was adjusted.

Absolutely nothing about this hotel compels me to go back. First and last stay.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SCenturion
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We were disappointed to read that you left the hotel not wishing to return - this is certainly not the impression we wish our residents to have.

With regard to breakfast if a club room was booked then you may dine either in the club lounge or in Azur restaurant - our sincere apologies if this was not explained clearly to you.

Please let us assure you that all feedback, whether positive or negative is used to enhance our service standards and procedures.

In thanking you again, we do hope that you had a smooth journey home.

Melbourne
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed for two nights in a signature room which was more than adequate for a rest between flights. I have been to Dubai before and it doesn't really have much appeal to me as a destination so the Raffles was a good place to hang-out and get a rest before continuing my journey.

Everything was fine with my room except that the direct view from the balcony was an ugly building site and the view of the distant buildings downtown was spoiled by the thick smog and dust. Also, I could hear the traffic at night while trying to sleep.

Still the hotel was comfortable in other respects. I enjoyed the pool where attendants were excellent in the morning but invisible in the late afternoon while I was there. Pool was lovely for constant dips in-between riveting chapters of my novel. Back in the room, the daily fruit bowl was much appreciated and the espresso coffee machine a lovely touch. My butler, Lilian, went beyond the call of duty and she made the stay very good rather than just average.

In-room dining was excellent.

If you want to have a very good stay, make sure you ask for a room which does not face the main road. It's a lovely hotel but didn't bowl me over - it just provided the services that a five star hotel should provide and that's all.

Room Tip: Not facing the road if you don't want to hear traffic all night.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It was disappointing to read that you felt the location of the hotel was unattractive and that you did not enjoy the view from the room. Furthermore, our apologies that you were disturbed the noise from the road - certainly not the experience we with our resident to have.

However that said; we were very pleased to read that your butler Lilian went beyond the call of duty and helped make the overall stay very good rather than average.

In thanking you again, we hope you had a smooth onward journey.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We were made to feel so welcome from the minute we walked into the hotel the staff were so friendly and helpful. We arrived very early in the morning and we were given a fantastic room as soon as we arrived without having to wait around. The room we were given was great with a fantastic view overlooking the pool area. We had a great two days there and we would recommend your hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that you had a memorable stay and that you were made to feel welcome.

Furthermore, it was pleasing to read that we were able to accommodate your early arrival at the hotel and that you had enjoyed the view of the pool and Dubai skyline.

Thank you for recommending Raffles Dubai, we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at Raffles Dubai in January, 2012 and I was most impressed. There was quite a line-up of cars when I arrived as a wedding was going on but I got out and went to the front desk leaving the taxi driver to deal with my luggage. Because of the line of cars, I had expected some wait time. Instead, check-in was swift and, before I knew it, my luggage was delivered to my room.

The room and the bathroom were huge. There was a well sized desk and WiFi was complimentary.

I had some issues as the airline had left one of my bags in Toronto. The concierge took all of my information and followed up on my behalf daily. As the hotel adjoins the Wafi Centre, it was easy to purchase some clothing and toiletries to tide me over.

Meals were exceptional. In fact the breakfast was so plentiful that I really didn't need lunch and a light dinner was sufficient.

I attended as part of a group. (I was one of the speaker/facilitators.) The conference services were outstanding. Half of my handouts were in the suitcase that had not arrived and we were quickly able to reproduce what was missing. The meeting room was set perfectly and I only had to place my supplies. Staff was very helpful in setting up the laptop and showing me how to work the AV. At the close of the meeting I gathered my supplies and the hotel staff transferred it to my room.

The test of an excellent hotel is what happens when things go wrong. After I finished my presentation, I returned to my room with less than 30 minutes before the bus departed for dinner. Unfortunately, one of the metal buttons popped off the only jacket I had at the time. I called the front desk and asked if I could have a needle, thread and some assistance in sewing on the button in a tight timeframe. Within minutes a young man appear at my door and told me that he was my butler. Right away, a housekeeper turned up and gave him a sewing kit. The button was replaced in plenty of time for me to make it to the bus.

On the last morning, I was called into an impromptu meeting first thing in the morning. I had no time to have breakfast, attend the meeting and pack. At that time I remembered the butler. Not only did he pack my suitcase. He came down to breakfast and informed me that the missing luggage had finally arrived. I accepted his offer to re-pack that suitcase. Everything was in order and delivered to teh 4 x 4 in time for me to depart for the desert.

I highly recommend Raffles Dubai. It exemplifies 5 star service and amenities.

Please also consult my full review on Cvent Blog:

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor and for writing about us on your blog.

The staff and I were delighted to read that you had a positive stay experience and that you felt we offered superb client care.

Furthermore, we were pleased to note that despite a few inconveniences i.e. lost luggage the team did they all they could to ensure that your stay was pleasant and not marred at all. I agree that the test of an excellent hotel is how we respond when things go wrong – and it was pleasing to note that we had been successful in averting any unpleasant or embarrassing episodes.

Thank you for recommending Raffles Dubai, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I loved everything about this hotel. The rooms were lovely. The view of the city and the view of Burj Khalifa was amazing. We were assigned to a room that was connected to another room and you could hear everything they were saying. We complained and got another room, which not only was 10x better, they even left some dates fruit and wine for us.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room with connecting doors. You will hear everything.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Whitney W
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that you had found us to be the best hotel you had been too and that you had enjoyed the views of the Dubai skyline.

Furthermore, we were pleased that despite your initial un-satisfaction with your room you were quickly moved to one that you felt more comfortable in.

We look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The price is reasonable for me.
Hotel exterior style, comfortable rooms, courteous service.
Lordly and friendly service.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chow K
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We were pleased to read that you found the rooms comfortable and the service friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Dubai on another occasion.