“Still the best staff and rooms in Dubai” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Still the best staff and rooms in Dubai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Second visit here and so pleased we chose Raffles again. My first visit was last March with my sister and this year I was travelling with my husband.
We were greeted warmly once again and taken to the Club floor for a flawless check in with Mark who was very welcoming and enthusiastic about the hotel building itself and all that is Egyptian which I loved.
We had been upgraded too on this visit to a Diplomatic suite which was situated on the corner of the building with wrap round balcony and furniture and a huge lounge and dining room, office and bedroom with walk in wardrobe, dressing area and beautiful bathroom - simply stunning......
Breakfast in Azur was as good as I remembered with ample choice and freshly cooked items. The waiters were attentive - especially Archie who could not do enough for us.
The pool area had been refurbished from my last visit even though I didn't think it needed it and it was soooooo tranquil and the service great - bottled water with ice brought around, iced towels and fruit skewers...... Heaven...
The club lounge was busier this trip which was good although one night it was a little difficult to get a table. The staff were friendly but clearly had a little difficulty keeping up with demand as it was full. The food quality here was good but a little sparse compared to say the Grosvenor Hotel which has a huge buffet. If Raffles could re look at this area I think they would be totally un beatable.........

• 5 of 5 bubbles
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you had chosen to stay with us a second time and that you were greeted warmly by the team.

That said, thank you for your comments about the Club lounge and food offerings. This is an area we are continually enhancing and I have shared your remarks with our Executive Chef and his team. All feedback whether positive or constructive helps us know where we need to improve.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back for a third visit - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Ayman Gharib

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we are greeted at the airport and taken to our limousine, the Raffles experience begins. My wife and I spend many months apart during the year, due to working overseas, but when we have time together we ensure that it is quality time and that is why we stay at Raffles Dubai. We always stay for 14 nights, and the service we receive is outstanding, all the members of staff greet you with a smile and are always willing to help with anything you need, this is why Raffles Dubai deserves to be classed as an excellent hotel. The rooms and suites are top class, furnished to a very high standard and the bathrooms are beautiful. The Club Lounge team will ensure you have a wonderful time, our last stay was in September and the experience was amazing, my wife mentioned in conversation with Mr Gonzalo, The Director of rooms that she hadn't slept very well one night, not for any particular reason, that afternoon there was a knock on our suite door, he had arranged for a huge bed topper to be fitted to our bed, the staff did this very quickly and it was so comfortable, thank you Mr Gonzalo. My wife and I are returning to Raffles for another 14 nights of luxury, friendly and professional staff, beautiful surroundings, and amazing food in three weeks time. If you book Raffles Dubai you will be very impressed and will want to stay again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karlosjackie
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you have chosen us to be your second home when in Dubai.

Furthermore, it was pleasing to read your remarks about Mr. Rodriguez and the team at the hotel - feedback i have shared with all the staff at the hotel.

Thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Hotel is awesome!!!!
Very good location, 15min from Airport, 20min to all main Dubai attractions and malls.
I am a very frequest guest, had the oportunity to be the 1st offical guest in 2007 at the opening and I fall in love with this place. I come back every year more than twice.
The hotel looks from outside like a pyramid and inside you will find great luxury. The standard room are bigger than any other city hotels. All what you need at a very fair price.
We usually stay at the landmark suite which has a high space and as every room an own buttler service. Therefore I like to thank you to Lilian (Buttler Teamleader, yedda). They did a very nice room arrangment for us.. For our 5th year anniversary they put lots of ballons, rose leaves and a delicious cake with our name on top of it. THANKS SOO MUCH

Restaurants:
Of course we used the genious break daily. High selection of top quality food. So yummm!

As well we used as every time the new Tomo Japanese restaurant.
From there and as well from the rooms you have an awesome view of the Dubai Skyline and Burj Khalifa (worlds highest buidling)
Food and staff is just great. We saw many Japanese guests which is a very good sign that this food is real Japanese food.

Before I end the review I would like to mention a BIG Thanks to all Raffles Lounge staff.
They do a fantastic job. Especially, Kennedy, Frank and Zenia. Very happy and super friendly people.
Michael the gym personal trainer: You made me sweat and it was a great 1 hour session with you!

Suggestion to the management:
It would be great to have a beach access. I know that Raffles and Fairmont are in the same Hotel chain. Is there a possibility to get complimentary beach access to Fairmont Palm?
Maybe once or twice a day with a shuttle over there.

Room Tip: Signature Suite (Big enough for 2) Or Diplomatic Suite
3 Thank Dubaiforever1983
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that as the first ever guest at the hotel you have chosen to stay with us again and again and to learn that we constantly exceed your expectations.

Your patronage is extremely valuable to us and we are delighted to be able to welcome you back time and time again.

The team and I would really like to thank you for choosing Raffles to be your home away from home whilst in Dubai.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Really enjoyed my 2 nght stay at the raffles
Efficient check in with bags whisked to the room, a very large room, which was spotless, including a very large comfortable bed and a bathroom with a bath big enough for two, and a separate power shower room.

Also found time to try the gym and outdoor pool - both were 1st class.

Excellent service with the balance between attentiveness and intrusion exactly right.
The hotel manager should be proud of his staff everyone was capable and proffesional.

A great atmosphere

I will definately stay here again

Steve C

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank W124
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you really enjoyed your two night stay and that you found the balance of the service at the hotel to be exactly right.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again on another occasion.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent service and location. The room and bathroom were extremely clean. The location is 2 blocks from the metro, close to the airport and close to the Deira area for local cuisines. It's the perfect location to avoid traffic. The service was exemplary. I was hesitant to book Raffles as I prefer Four Seasons or Mandarin but this is def one of the best hotels I've stayed at globally.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MissingMoments

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that despite your initial reservation Raffles Dubai exceeded your expectations and that we are amongst one of the best hotels you have every stayed at.

The team and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked a club room and was impressed at the main desk when they took us to the club lounge to check in. The usual hanging around giving ID/ credit card details was a breeze as we only had to drink a tea or coffee while the staff ran around attending our needs. Straight away we were asked if we wanted to check out later than our planned time without any extra cost (a nice touch). Once we were ready we were taken to our room which was excellent in all aspects including the Butler who explained where everything was and how to operate it as well as who to call if required. We have on many holidays used the Club Lounge and I can say that Raffles is up at the top of our list, we went in at about 3:30 to get something light and ended up having high tea with all what you would expect and more. Later on we had drinks before going to Fire & Ice but could of just ate there as again there was a great selection of food. Fire & Ice was excellent and like everywhere in the hotel the staff were friendly and sincere in there efforts to make your stay as good as they can. I will be using them again

Room Tip: The best view would be to ask to over look the Burj Khalifa as this side shows more of Dubai
2 Thank Stephan P

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you had a positive stay experience and to hear that the club lounge and associated benefits exceeded your expectations.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we hope to be able to welcome you back on another occasion.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

The moment I was shown to my room by Mr. Jassim, the receptionist who checked me in, I was amazed by the ambiance, decor and size of the room. There was attention to detail in every aspect. Though I stayed only 1 night, the warmth and discretion of all staff members I encountered made feel at home. This is truly a hotel that you can't help but desire to return to. I have already booked my next stay. Without going in detail; everything is near perfect: location, cleanliness, quality of food, bedding, bathroom amenities, speed of service, etc. etc.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Aref K

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that Jassim and the team members at the hotel made you feel at home.

Furthermore, it was wonderful to read that you had already booked your next return trip.

Thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.