“An excellent hotel in center of dubai”
Review of Raffles Dubai

Raffles Dubai
Ranked #2 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Hamburg, Germany
“An excellent hotel in center of dubai”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My family and I stayed raffles dubai from 11 till 14 Feb 2014, in one raffles club room. We found every thing in the hotel in best condition, nice and big room, very good breakfast, very nice club loung service. And for avoiding traffic of sheikh zaied road this hotel is in the best location. But I asked for early check in and late check out, but none of them arrange for me.

• Stayed February 2014
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you had a positive stay experience and that you had enjoyed your club room.

That said, thank you for your comments about your early arrival and late check-out. I apologise that on this occasion we were unable to accommodate your special requests. We try to always support our guests who are travelling at unusual times, however I regret at times due to high occupancy we are sometimes unable to provide these services.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we hope to be able to welcome you and your family back on another occasion.

Ayman Gharib

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Sussex
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We've just returned home from a 3-night stay at Raffles Dubai and I have to confess I'm struggling to find any new superlatives to add to those written by previous reviewers!

We arrived at Raffles early last Friday morning, following a difficult flight during which I'd been nursing an epic headache and sickness. We were whisked into the Club lounge (we had booked to stay in a club room - definitely to be recommended!) where the staff, especially Zaina Salleh (the assistant manager there), fussed over me with genuine kindness and sympathy, whilst locating and preparing a room for us with amazing speed - and then later in the day, a trolley bearing a plate of fresh fruits, afternoon tea and a teddy bear with 'get well soon' on his t-shirt arrived at our room. This is a typical example of our whole Raffles experience - it combines the many comforts of a 5-star luxury large hotel with a personal boutique hotel philosophy and makes everyone feel special.

I discovered that it's impossible to stay ill at Raffles for very long (it's far too nice there!) and my husband and I were able to enjoy the excellent swimming pool facilities, well equipped gym, delicious breakfasts and a very fine dinner one evening at Fire and Ice. A highlight for us every evening at 6pm was our visit to the Club lounge for drinks and fabulous canapes - we'd like to extend our special thanks to Zaina, Frederick, Kennedy and all other members of the Club team for a fantastic service. And our thanks too to the helpful and professional team at front desk and the staff who took care of our room so beautifully. Our only gripe is that we couldn't stay there longer - we'll have to return soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vivien H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that after your difficult flight Zaina and the team in the club lounge made you feel welcomed and ensured that you were comfortable during your three nights stay.

Furthermore, it was wonderful to read that given the chance you would not hesitate to return to the hotel.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel is absolutely fantastic & like another reviewer stated, they deserve 10 Stars. The service is perfect, the food is perfect, the rooms are perfect and the swimming pool is perfect. I actually look forward to the breakfasts there, they have such a wide variety but all of it is tasty, the fruit is ripe and the hash browns are incredibly good. Beds are very comfortable and the overhead shower for some reason is amazing. Definitely worth a stay there.

Room Tip: A room away from the main road as it can be a bit noisy at times. Apart from that they are all good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hus-jpc
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you found your overall experience perfect and that you enjoyed your breakfast in Azur.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back on another occasion.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at this beautiful hotel. The service was incredible, even before we entered the building. You will be treated like royalty and with utmost respect. What a way to be welcomed! :)

The room was decorated with a honeymoon theme with rose petals and complimentary champagne.

The club room was fantastic as it comes with a personal butler who is always there to cater to your needs and always with a smile.

I can't stress enough on how great the overall customer service was from start o finish. Wish i could have stayed longer but will definitely return again.

Perfect honeymoon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to hear that you and your husband were treated like royalty and that we had helped you have a perfect honeymoon.

Furthermore, it was wonderful to read that the staff has been attentive and that you had found the overall service incredible.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai - we hope to be able to welcome you back on another occasion.

london
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This has been my second visit to Raffles in 6 months. My first visit was in August'13 for 14 nights and my second visit has been for 8 nights. Just got back to London a few days ago.

I have stayed at range of 5 star hotels in Dubai, but Raffles actually feels like a second home. Everyone wants excellent customer service. However you get much more whilst staying at Raffles and you can't put a price on that.

Concierge - the staff are very attentive and very welcoming. Special mention for Keen; very helpful and very professional.

Front desk - Very special mention for Soham. Soham is a friendly, professional guy. Positive, helpful, attentive and genuinely interested in what you have to say. Always smiling and a very nice individual. A credit to Raffles. Thanks Soham.

Club Room - staff are professional, attentive, caring and really welcoming. Variety of snacks and drinks provided. The chefs do a brilliant job.

Very special mention for Dheeraj, Sai, Robinson and Maggie. True professionals, nice individuals, really friendly, attentive, always there to help; credit to Raffles. Thanks guys.

The whole club room team are very welcoming.

Azur Restaurant - People say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I whole heartily agree, but when your breakfast tastes ultra special it makes the experience worthwhile. Loads of variety available and every dish looks very tasty. The restaurant is very spacious.

You're greeted to smiles by the staff at Azur, who are very attentive. You're never left waiting, staff are proactive and very quick in dealing with your requests.

Very Special mention for Mohammed (restaurant manager) - very professional, caring, friendly guy. Makes you feel very welcome and always smiling. Lina and Luisa - they have the most welcoming smile, so caring, helpful, professional, polite, warm, friendly and great individuals. Samson (Egg Station) - a very professional, nice, friendly guy. Always smiling and cooks the most awesome omelettes. Archie, Mijanur, Carol and Nabeel - very friendly and always available to help and assist.

Every staff member working in Azur restaurant are a credit to Raffles. These guys put in a lot of hard work behind the scenes in making sure our breakfast is tasty, presentable and on time. Thanks guys.

Gym - a really nice, clean and tidy gym. Michael (gym instructor) very helpful and very informative.

Butler service - special mention for Prakash and Charmaine. Very attentive, professional and friendly. Charmaine left a lovely surprise for my nephew; he loved it. Thank you.

Room and Room Service. My room was on the 12th floor, overlooking Burj Khalifa, lovely views. You're provided with complementary fresh fruit and water bottles every day. My room was spotless and sparkling clean when I returned in the evening, Thanks to everyone involved.

I have used the terms friendly, genuine, professional and attentive regularly in my review. It's a true testament to the staff at Raffles. Like I said in my opening paragraphs, the staff do that "extra" for you on a regular, consistent basis and you can not put a value or use enough words to justify the feeling.

The location of Raffles is great. Approximately 20 dirhams (taxi ride) to Dubai Mall. And the metro is close by. The hotel is close to the airport as well.

Needless to say, I'll definitely be staying at Raffles on my next visit, which will be very soon.

Khuram

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Linkinmaroon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read the names of all the staff who you felt should have a special mention and to hear the descriptives: friendly, genuine, professional and attentive to describe the team.

I have shared your review with everyone who works at the hotel and they were as pleased as I was to learn that you had a positive stay experience.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back for a third visit - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Cardiff
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Second stay here, and it hasn't lost any of it's charm.
We had a club room on 10th floor, had booked for 3 but on arrival room only made up for two. This was quickly rectified by staff and we were given a garden view room which had beautiful views over the gardens and crossroads bar.
The staff at Raffles are what make this hotel so special, from the second you step out of your car you are treated like royalty.

Special thanks to so many but especially to Guest Services Manager Sai for our beautiful gift, Frederick in the lounge for looking after us every day and always smiling, lovely Margaret in the lounge, such fun and definately deserves a promotion for her ease with the guests. To Royce in Crossroads bar for initiating us in the Shisha and being so nice to my daughter, also thanks to Richard in Crossroads who kept us topped up. Thank you also to breakfast staff, including the chefs, they remember your name every morning and the choice and quality of food is amazing.

This time we tried the spa, it's expensive but worth it. By far the best massages we have ever had, truly relaxing. Many thanks to Sari and Yanti for their healing hands.

The only area which had fallen behind this year was the pool. Last year you were greeted immediately and towel laid on sunbed and one for your head, followed by water and iced tea, and throughout the day fruit and cool flannels. However this year the pool staff sauntered over at their own pace, and we only had fruit on the days Renato worked the pool bar (this guy works so hard and is always refreshing ice and delivering fruit), the other days not such great service. This is me being extremely picky, however I had told my daughter how wonderful the pool guys were last year, and everything else in the hotel had remained the same, it was a shame that Renato was left to do everything, he deserves a medal.

Raffles Dubai remains the best hotel I've ever stayed in, the staff are worth their weight in gold, rooms are huge with excellent housekeeping team, the beds and sheets are so comfy I never wanted to get up.

I hope I can return to Raffles year after year, the fact that so many staff are still here speaks volumes. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Dubai.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MossyCardiff
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you had chosen to stay with us a second time and that despite a small mix up upon arrival, that this was handled quickly by the team and it did not mar your overall experience.

Furthermore, I was delighted that Sai and the team at the hotel gave you a warm welcome back and ensured you were well looked after.

That said, thank you so much for your feedback about the pool area. I was disappointed to learn that you felt the service in this area had fallen. I have shared your comments with the Director of Spa who will ensure that we focus on the standards being offered to our guests. Thank you for your comments which help us know where we went wrong and what needs to be improved.

Hotel Manager
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed there from 8th February until the 15th February 2014.

I have never experienced anything like this - the rooms, the furnishings, the decor in the halls, the staff in attendance everywhere, and our own private Butler (we were upgraded to a Diplomatic Suite which simply topped off the experience !!!), who was always smiling.

Free valet parking, excellent breakfasts, excellent evening canapes, everything was simply incredible.

I had my 50th birthday whilst there, and they prepared a really gorgeous cake and a card. Above and beyond the call !! Just so wonderful.

The only slight negative was one restaurant in the hotel, Tomo, a japanese inspired food experience which had been awarded a best newcomer. We were both a little disappointed with the quality of the food here - we've eaten MUCH better in many other places. This was certainly not anywhere near in the league of the rest of the hotel, its facilities, nor the hotels staff.

I would unreservedly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Dubai. I would go back in a heartbeat !!

Room Tip: Start with a Club room and cross your fingers for an upgrade, but to be honest, I KNOW I would have...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard L
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you had a positive stay experience and that we had helped make your 50th birthday special.

That said, thank you for your comments about TOMO which I have shared with the manager in charge. This restaurant is not operated by Raffles Dubai however the standards should be consistent with the servive in the hotel, I can only regret that on this occasion that was not the case.

In thanking you again, the team and I hope to be able to welcome you back again to Raffles Dubai.