Raffles Dubai
JA Palm Tree Court(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$177
US$360
US$288
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$179
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$198
  • Beachfront
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$226
US$304
US$275
3,869 results
All reviewswafi mallclub roomdiplomatic suiteazur restaurantlandmark suitesignature roomegyptian themeafternoon teabutler servicewalk in wardrobelarge balconyrooms are hugebeautiful hotelclose to the airportswim up barpool staffconcierge desk
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was our first time to Dubai and we have enjoyed our short visit to Dubai very much especially thanks to our stay at the Raffles.

Service, professionalism and friendliness of all staff are simply perfect. We felt special all the time. This is really how all hotels should be! This applies especially to the staff in the Raffles Club, and we were thus very happy to have paid extra for a stay in a Club room.

The room was great, with lots of space, a nice balcony, seating / lounge area, and a huge bathroom. Everything worked, was perfectly clean, and well maintained. The only thing that was not completely to our taste was the bed, which was just too hard to our liking. Apart from the bed, everything else was perfect for us.

Breakfast in both the Raffles Club as well as the main restaurant (with much more choice) was excellent, and so were the afternoon tea and evening canapés.

We will definitely stay here again when visiting Dubai next.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for better views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and to hear that you found the service, professionalism and friendliness of the staff simply perfect.

Furthermore, it was lovely to learn that given the choice you would definitely stay here again. This what we would like to hear from all our guests.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate to stay at Raffles Dubai in April this year. From the moment I arrived I was treated amazingly well. Within a couple of days a good number of staff knew my name and would go out of their way to come and greet me. Particular thanks should go to Chef Samson at the Azure restautant. His breakfasts have to be seen to be believed. A very talented chef indeed. The staff at the club lounge including Margaret and Sanda looked after us very well when we went for afternoon tea or evening canapes. Our suite had butler service. Tuhar and Florence were amazing. Anything we needed was delt with immediately and their professionalism was exemplary. They surprised me with a complimentary cake and bottle of wine to welcome me on my first trip to Dubai. The hotel spa is well worth a visit. I treated myself to a relaxing facial treatment and massage. My massuse was Christine and she was very good. Arna at the spa was also very attentive and helpful. We dined in the Tomo resturant one eveing. It was my first experience of Japanese food and it was very impressive. Beautiful to look at and very tasty. I couldn't fault anything for the entire duration of my stay at Raffles. I only wish I could have stayed longer than 7 nights. I really could get used to it. They way Raffles do luxury is second to none. A beautiful hotel with stunning views of the Dubai skyline. I hope I get to stay with you again in the future. One last thing... the hotel smells lovely! The hotel is full of a warm citrus aroma. Wish I could have brought some home with me!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DavidL29
RafflesDubai, General Manager at Raffles Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a simply brilliant stay and that from that moment you arrived you were treated amazingly well.

Furthermore, it was wonderful to hear that the team ensured you were well looked after and that you had the chance to try the restaurants as well as have a treatment in the spa.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion - thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I traveled to Dubai on the way to Italy with my 13yr old son. We stayed at the Raffles for 2 nights and shared a room. The hotel is close to the metro and was very classy. My sons mouth dropped open as we walked into the main foyer which is designed like an Egyptian pyramid. Great room and breakfast spread. Friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you and your son had an excellent stay and that you found the staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a difficult review to write as I am not the biggest fan of Dubai so I will try my best to be objective about this property, even though some of the areas I disliked are perhaps more inherent with its being in Dubai than the property itself.

The location is convenient for the airport, being a mere ten minutes drive away. The hotel is also conveniently attached to the similarly Egyptian themed Wafi mall which has a wide selection of restaurants and shops. The downside is that the view directly in front of the hotel is of a wide road, an eight lane (four in each direction) motorway; so don’t go here expecting peace and quiet. The soundproofing in the rooms and hotel in general is very good, but not perfect.

I arrived in the small hours of the morning, and had arranged for the hotel car to collect me from the airport. This service was excellent, and I was greeted with a refreshing towel, and a bottle of water. As well as the driver, another member of staff was also provided. He was very attentive and genuine in his service, in fact I would say that this service was the best that I received during my stay.

On arrival at the hotel, given the time, I had expected not to have to queue, but there was a local man at the desk, and despite there being several staff they all seemed focussed on shaking his hand and serving him. I was tired, having come off of a long flight, and just wanted to go to my room. I was escorted to my room by one of the front desk staff who carried my luggage.

The room itself was large, with high ceilings, and relatively comfortable. It had a pleasant view of the DIFC and towers beyond, and a balcony that had an aspect over the motorway directly in front of the property. Even though it was a non-smoking room, I could detect a hint of cigarette smoke; later that week, this smell returned, so I suspect that maybe one of the housekeepers was smoking in my room or was a heavy smoker. The walk-in wardrobe was a nice touch, but had very few hangers – not enough to hang clothes on for less than a week’s stay. Whilst I am sure that I could have asked for more, I do not expect to have to ask for everything when I am staying in a deluxe hotel; these things should be taken care of for me. The bed was very firm and didn’t have a mattress topper, which I was most surprised about, whilst not uncomfortable, it was definitely more functional than luxurious. The bathroom was large and had a walk-in shower and corner bath. The water pressure – save for the shower – was very poor, and the bath took a very long time to fill. The hotel’s own brand toiletries were nothing special either. The shower also didn’t drain properly in the corner, evidenced by black mould along the mastic. One of the plugs in the basins needed adjusting as it didn’t sit proud enough when open so that the basin simply filled with water. Each day I left the plug sitting next to the basin, and each day the housekeeper simply put it back in the basin without adjusting it. I am surprised that something so simple hadn’t been spotted before I’d even checked into the room, let alone going unnoticed each day when it was very obvious what the problem was.

I found the housekeeping to be poor, and on two occasions, I had left my room before 8am and indicated “please make up my room”, yet by lunchtime the room was still unmade. I had to telephone guest services to have the room made up, and on the second occasion I expressed my disappointment, yet no real apology was made. All this might sound like nit-picking, but in a deluxe hotel these things simply shouldn’t happen. Attention to detail is paramount, yet this was completely lacking.

The breakfast buffet was very varied, with most of the items of a reasonable quality. Waffles and pancakes were left stacked up so were like trying to crunch through cardboard by the time anyone came to eat them. Whilst I am sure fresh ones would’ve been made if I’d requested it, I shouldn’t have to do this in a deluxe property. The buffet lunches were again of a reasonable standard, but nothing special. Dinner in the Japanese rooftop restaurant was good, but far from memorable, and certainly not great value.

Whenever I asked the doorman to get me a taxi he always suggested the Lexus taxis first which cost double the price of an ordinary one. I do not like this practice. In Singapore, at a deluxe property, the doormen always waved the “limo taxis” past. Here they were actively encouraging them. I am not particularly fussed, as they are still cheap, but it doesn’t seem good practice to present the most expensive option to the customer first.

I didn’t get a chance to try the swimming pool (which my room overlooked) but again it was bordered by this eight lane road, so wouldn’t have been the most restful place.

If I were a leisure traveller in Dubai I would never choose this property; for the money it simply doesn’t deliver the personal service and attention to detail that I would expect for the prices that it charges. Whilst there were no major issues, all of the little issues compounded are enough to put me off from selecting this property again; good service is anticipating the customer’s needs, not making it a DIY experience. It has done nothing to make me want to stay at another Raffles branded property. Overall, a bit of a disappointing stay.

Room Tip: As with most modern properties, the higher the better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank IntlTraveller21stc

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such candid and comprehensive feedback on TripAdvisor.

As I have mentioned before without comments such as yours we would be unable to enhance and upgrade our service standards. I understand that my colleague has written to you directly via email and though you may not choose to return to Raffles Dubai I do hope that we will help make your stay at our sister property more comfortable.

If I may, I would just like to take the time to gently clarify a couple of your remarks. Firstly, I would like to assure you that our team members would never smoke in a guest room and in fact we have quite strict guidelines on the smoking procedures for staff in the hotel. That said, if you could smell smoke on a non-smoking floor then I would like to apologise, I have asked my team to locate the source and ensure that this does not happen again. Regarding the coat hangers you are correct we should have noticed that you needed extra and I am upset that this was not the case. As a direct result of your feedback we have added additional hangers to the room to try and make sure that all our guests have enough.

Furthermore, I would like to thank you for your feedback about the housekeeping team and attention to detail. Your remarks are very constructive and will be used as a tool to re-train them on the importance of attention to detail. Finally regarding the doormen and taxi requests it is part of the process that they offer a lexus first before a regular taxi as many of our guests prefer this option, that said however it should not feel as if it is forced at any time.

In thanking you again we do trust you had a smooth onward journey.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very enjoyable. Although wish they didn't have pork and alcohol which in a Muslim country is not what we hoped for. It was a bit offputtng the sight and smell of it. Otherwise the hotel was amazing, kind staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Imran I

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that you had a good stay and that you found the staff kind.

That said, please accept our sincere apologies for any offence the items in the restaurants caused you. Please be assured we follow the governmental directives so that we handle and display these items as per the UAE guidelines – that said thank you for sharing your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to review our process further.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Raffles Dubai.