“worse hotel”

Ranked #357 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“worse hotel”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

complaint - non quality hotel recommended by Agoda.
Ramee Royal Hotel in Dubai.
mid night 12am till 3 am - the noise and loud music that create by the hotel karaoke.
event thought complaint has been made but nothing can be done.
booking has been made but cannot cancel.
what can i done ?
would like to recommend Agoda to remove this hotel from the list to give traveller a peace of mind when they travel !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank William H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

After staying in the hotel for two night, hotel is very dirty, they had almost 4 clubs scattered in all the floors, so almost all their room will get all the music sound very loud, I had to change my room 4 times, and still the sound of music was annoying me, i wanted to cancel my booking and go to different hotel, but it was too late.. Really i wouldn't call this place hotel.. It was by far the worst hotel i have stayed in my entire life.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank majed_3

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Cuttack, India
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Aptly located on the main road. This budjet hotel is well situated in Bur-Dubai. Metro rail complex, market places & departmental stores are all close by to this Hotel.

Staff are very friendly & cordial. Food is good especially the fact that the majority of staff are Indians help in finding Indian taste here.

Room Tip: Opt for a room away from the Main road side.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jesthi
Banjul, Gambia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Shamelessly noisy with its two or three extra loud discos, I made the mistake of booking two exec rooms here for the family without verifying reviews!! My fault. Surprisingly more like a noisy discotheque than a respectable hotel. Who ever gave this one a Four Star rating needs to be examined. Had some young belligerent young local guests making catcalls in the reception at evry woman that passed and the staff did nothing to stop it. Some staff were good and polite. Helplessly helpful. The receptionist took an hour extra to get the rooms ready (15.30 hrs) for a 14.00 hrs check in. When we complained about the noise the Manager said we should be thankful since he'd given us the least noisy rooms. Don't ever stay here unless you like a noisy booming sound from 10 PM to 3.00 AM before you can sleep. Average breakfast service. The rude front office manager, a Mr Adil even turned away my Emirates Chauffeur drive car saying I wasn't registered. Lucky the driver persisted and called me on my phone.
The Exec rooms were large and comfortable, but the amenities (Coffee/Tea bags ) were not replaced on the second day. The same Manager retorted " why didn't you ask?" almost suggesting that it was our fault and rooms amenities were replaced only if one asked.
Never again in a Ramee Hotel. Wish I'd read the trip advisor comments before booking this one.
This place should be closed down if they can't soundproof the rooms and should be downgraded.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Ram M
colchester
Reviewed 18 July 2012

ok, here goes:
1/ they have a disco at the top floor and 5 in the first 2 floors. the whole building shakes from 2300-0300. so trying to sleep is impossible.
2/location is on a main street (with road works for months). Trying to get a taxi is very hard. For the taxi to bring you back is just as hard as they keep going in circles, at your expense!
3/The pool does not work. every time I ask I am told "in 2 days time". it did not work despite being there 5 days.
4/all the discos and restaurants have an Indian theme. I don't normally mind that. But I do mind when the whole hotel smells like the night after an Indian meal !
5/what I hate most, when the bath fills up with water when you are having a shower.
6/food in the restaurants are way over priced compared to other and better places.
7/ there is nothing around it, so you have to take a taxi everywhere.
8/ Don't fall for the "metro is a 10 minute walk". it maybe 10 minute, but no where to "walk" to it. main roads and road works!
9/ wifi is charged on a 24hr basis. I would not mind that, if it worked. very poor and when it works very slow, disappointing for the 8 quid or so that you pay for 24hr. it should be free. on my extra day I was given it free.
10/ I hope you read all this to get to number 10. The worst thing ever, the bed pillow covers stank of sweat!!!!!!!!! I asked them to change it, it was worse. Out of 8 pillows that made the bed look nice, I could only use 1......not good
11/ Breakfast contained everything. But due to the number of "indian dishes"served for breakfast, I felt full just smelling the room. non the less, it's all there.

good points:
1/some staff can be very helpful, but some are the complete opposite!
2/room service is good
3/ the rooms are good and I will upload upload a few images.

The rooms are 4 star, everything else is 3 star not more. would I book again, well I know what to expect. As it was cheaper than the rest in its class, I would. In saying that, I left on the fifth day after booking in a 3 star hotel that was, sorry to say, much better and decent with everything thing working.that also has a fully equipped kitchen! and more central, walking distance from 24hr shopping etc (London creek hotel).

Room Tip: Only book if you must. rooms are good but the rest of the hotel is not. you will need a taxi everywh...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank headache123
Hagatna, Guam
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We prepaid for two nights through Expedia and guaranteed late arrival, yet our room was not ready upon our arrival at the beginning of day two of our reservation. The checkin clerk was extremely apologetic and explained the hotel was full from the night before so she would have to wait for a guest to vacate and housekeeping to clean the room before she could assign a room. We waited a bit over an hour and had breakfast. We were extremely tired as our Air Berlin flight had been rerouted causing us to layover in Berlin for 12 hours after an early morning flight from Paris. We flew into Abu Dhabi and had to take a bus to Dubai. Nevertheless, the hotel breached its late arrival guarantee. The fact that the clerk processed another guest into a room while we were waiting only compounded the issue. The manager refused to speak with us despite my repeated requests and the hotel refused to refund the prepayment for the first night despite having breached its late arrival guarantee by selling our prepaid room. RIP OFF! Expedia twice attempted to intervene on our behalf, but the hotel refused to issue a refund. We only spent nine hours in the hotel, found the room to be large, well furnished and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was good. But for the failure of this hotel to honor its late arrival guarantee, it would have been a good experience. Do not prepay if you intend to arrive late as the hotel will not honor its guaranteed late arrival advertised policy. RIP OFF!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelingfrank489
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 11 March 2012

It was our honey moon trip in this hotel, the noisiest hotel I`ve ever stay! it is because of noisy club in ground floor which is open until 3:00 am!
The room was small but clean. the food was ok but desserts were excellent! I could`t stop eating!
the pool was small and there was nobody in it except me and my husband!
hotel is located near to burjman shopping mall and it`s a 10-15min walk away.
For a short trip this hotel is OK...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple