“Just not good”

Ranked #348 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Just not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in November, I was forced to stay in this hotel as I had to change my plans at the last minute and my earlier hotel booking got knocked off.
The hotel is in the middle of no where, the Nearest metro station 'Oud Mehta' is about 15 minutes away, you cannot take a walk around as there is just a desolate road.
The interiors of the hotel give a depressing feeling as the lighting is too bad and the entire hotel stinks.
The rooms are decent, neat and clean. The staff is helpful to a certain extent, probably they know the limitations.
The hotel has a few night clubs, gets very noisy in the night, difficult to sleep, the restaurants give a dingy feel, food is not at all great, very staid and mundane.

Could be a good hotel for people visiting in groups, not at all suitable for families, or for individuals, getting a taxi could be a painful exercise.

I would say give this hotel a pass

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Satishs05

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

On the outskirts of Dubai, next to a highway. Depressing entrance old furniture. Rooms over a Noisy Bar and a nightclub club which goes until 3 in the morning. Moved out after the 1st night.
Nowhere near the creek and an long way from the metro!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Louise R

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I will start my review with the positives
The hotel is close to the Dubai metro, I got a free breakfast, I slept for eight hours and I was not raped or murdered during my stay. That being said this hotel has a terrible vibe that depresses you as soon as you enter it. I didn't think it was possible for a city that was seemingly built so recently to have such an old, run down hotel in it. It was very noisy, the food was awful and the whole place looked about a hundred years old. Just so dank and horrible and depressing.
The absolute worst thing was I didn't realise when they scanned my passport they put it in a little drawer. They failed to mention this when I checked in and didn't give it back to me when I checked out (apparently I had to remind them in order to get it back even though I didn't know they took it!)
I ended up missing my flight because I couldn't find my passport in my bag, informed the police on the metro in tears because I thought someone stole it out of my bag. I went back to the hotel hoping I had left it in my room only to find that it was behind the desk at reception which I'd never heard of a hotel doing. They receptionist wasn't the slightest bit sorry or concerned that I had missed my flight and was even reluctant to let me use the computer to book another flight to Muscat.

I'm never staying here again, and please someone explain to me why on earth a hotel needs to keep a persons passport?
A stupid rule that I've never heard of that totally ruined my holiday
grrrr.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
12 Thank Phoebe T
Islamabad
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I had the misfortune of staying a night there and I couldnt run away fast enough. Noisy rooms coninuosly reverberating with the booming of music from the nightclubs, dirty rooms, poor service. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else...

Room Tip: Dont take any....
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank shirazalishah
Ghaziabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

The stay at Ramee Royal Hotel was a forced one due to the proximity to my office. The booking was forced from office. Have never seen a star hotel not giving even 1 complimentary bottle of water. The hotel boasts of some famous night bars and cafes and all the attention of the staff is running 10 odd restaurant and dance bars. This takes a toll on services to guests staying in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank George V
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

This place is classed as a four star Hotel,it's actually a Brothel where all the rooms are regularly rented by the hour to prostitutes from the Eastern Block and believe me i mean all the rooms,so if anyone wants to stay in these stinking rooms with dirty bed linen,totally ignorant staff,a night club on every floor which means no matter where you are in the Hotel you could not sleep even with ear plugs.The food is terrible and there is a supposed Diner Cafe/music bar on the first floor called the Time Cafe,with the worst ignorant Manager called Domonic...Remember i said this place is a Brothel ! There is a connected night club at the back of the Hotel called the Rain Bar(which none of the Hotel guests are told of/or know about) which is full of Prostitutes who regularly use the Hotel guest rooms.......

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Barry S
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Probably the best hotel I would have stayed in till date. Excellent property, beautiful views and very peaceful stay. helpful staff in the hotel Our room also had a terrace which added to our pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple