“great budget hotel in Dubai but a bit isolated”

Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City
Ranked #276 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“great budget hotel in Dubai but a bit isolated”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a break with my daughter. I was driving and did find it a bit difficult to find. The hotel is a holiday inn express and travellers should remember this when booking. The rate was very cheap for Dubai and excellent value for the budget minded traveller. There is no swimming pool but I didn't want this for the time of year. The hotel is almost brand new and the lobby was bright and welcoming. The rooms were very good HI Express standard, ok for 2 people. The souq madinat wasn't very far from here but you would struggle if you wanted to walk anywhere apart from the nearby metro station. There is a noodle house restaurant nearby and a few other hotels. The hotel has a restaurant next door that is really nice, serves alcohol and is roof top with shisha and views of the burj. For me the restaurant was the selling point for the hotel as its unusual to find somewhere so nice next to a HI express. They did a special deal for food before 8pm but check. The prices were a bit steep considering it was a budget hotel. I do live in a neighbouring Middle Eastern country so I am used to high prices but they were more than 4 and 5 star hotel prices. The music was great in the bar and I sat outside with my daughter playing cards !
Would I stay here again. Definately if it was at the right price ! The free breakfast was nice, it was very busy but the staff worked like troupers. There was also free car parking underneath the hotel which was good.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 8 February 2011

hi stayed here in febuary on business but had plenty of time spare so a mini break to.the hotel is clean and safe but nothing close by to walk to so meaned cabs every time we wanted to get out and about saying that on the last day found the local metro station was only a 5 min walk and was dirt cheap and very clean and modern with trains stopping every 5 or so minutes.and only three stops to the marina and marina mall and direct to the dubai mall so would strongly recommened this over cabs as so cheap and can get you there quicker than even the cabs at times. and no changes goes direct to what seems everywere including the airport.would stay here again not because were it is but how close you are to everything by useing cabs or the metro.however we arrived at the hotel about 9am but checking in was at 3pm they did book us in about 1pm but still waited round the hotel in the heat for 4 hours but i serpose this isnt the hotels fault but would have been nice if they could have checked us in earlier.also used the laundry service for 3 shirts but only got 2 back but they did refund £25 the cost of the shirt but was a pressent so a litte gutted over that.one last thing no pool

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank derrum
Beirut
Reviewed 28 January 2011

The hotel is not bad. Has the minimum requirements. They have a problem with towels though, for the three nights I spend I had only two large towels and one hand towel. Other clients were complaining too in the lobby about that.
The room looks poor with old tv.
The price rate was 125$ per night.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Mashhour, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, 2 February 2011
Dear Elmag,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I fully agree! Nothing can justify shortage of towels provided to guests in good branded hotel.

Not to justify what has happened, but only to share with you that during those particular days we had a technical defect in laundry machine which resulted that we had to rewash huge number of our towels before putting them in rooms as safety & hygiene is our utmost concern at all times.

I do hope that such experience will not give permanent negative impression about the service we offer to our valuable guests.

I sincerely apologize for what you have encountered during your stay with us & look forward to welcoming you back in the near future & have the opportunity to serve you better.

Please let me know of your next visit so I can personally have the pleasure of making the necessary arrangement as well as meeting you.

Sincerely yours,

Mashhour Refai
Hotel Manager
Helsinki
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Even if located a bit outside of everything, the new Dubai Metro is only a 10 minutes walk away. Internet connection is an extra, but otherwise this hotel deserve a praise because the rate was really competitive, the room really ok, the staff friendly and helpful and I really recommend it to everyone who wants a no-frill staying in Dubai, without giving up on quality.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I choose teh hotel as the company i work for has their offices near by. The value for money is ok considering a below 100 USD rate. This is a no frills hotel for business only. ( No pool) As business is obviously the focus one would expect that the internet functions flawlessly but to my surprise one can not connect to the company business network via VPN as the internet server of the Hotel surpresses the function. So no e-mail no buisiness communication from the Hotel.
The staff is helpfull within their capabilities and possibilities which are limited. I inquired about the VPN issue and was told about the issue honestly whichj i apreciated. A refund of the purchased internet ability was not given
Until the VPN issue is fixed I can not recommend to stay here again for any reason

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Mashhour, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Internet City, responded to this review, 13 January 2011
Dear Mr. Hesi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I sincerely apologize that you couldn’t connect to your company network through our internet facility! I fully agree, the VPN connection is essential.
Therefore, please note that we are in the process of installation and I can confirm that VPN installation shall be completed by maximum 20th January 2011.

I would like also to thank you for your kind comment about our staff. I also would like to personally take care of your next stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at mashhour.refai@hiexdubai.ae

Again, thank you very much and I look forward to have you back in the near future and have the opportunity to serve you better.

Sincerely yours,

Mashhour Refai
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I recommend this place to anyone.Overall experience was amazing. Hotel is beautifully appointed with much attention to detail. Staff is knowledgeable and very friendly. Rooms are very nice.One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. Nice room, Great bathroom, and well maintained. The best place I have ever been to...The hotel and facilities were beautiful! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay....
Just gorgeous........

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 23 December 2010

As a business traveler, I found exsactly what I need at the Holiday inn Express.

Clean, well maintained, good service, quiet, friendly staff and well supervised, good Location and on top of that good value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business