“They locked me out of my room and demanded I pay double for the cockroach filled room!!!”

Royal Home Hotel Apartment
Royal Home Hotel Apartment
Ranked #517 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE and travel to Dubai often for weekend trips and we decided to book Royal Home Hotel Apartments - it was the worst experience we've ever had from a hotel and the most unprofessional hotel manager ever.

We went to the hotel at 7pm and brought in our Online booking for an Executive Suite. When we arrived, they said they have over booked and they wanted to put us into a cheaper room. I said I wont accept that and they could send me to another hotel if they want. They refused and I demanded to speak to the manager. The manager was in the washroom and refused to come down to speak to me and then finally he called the front desk and spoke to me on the phone but refused to see me.

Anyways, we eventually had not choice but to accept the room they offered but they didn't tell me that the room for my wife and I only had two single beds separated by a night table.

Then when we returned after dinner, we went to get the key from the front desk and the guy refused to give me the key. He was demanding that I pay for the hotel room even though i had already booked online and paid via credit card. He said i had to pay a second time for the new room - telling me to pay double the price for the room because I was a walk-in and did not book the room online. I had to really get angry before he gave me the key to my room (where all of my things were!).

The hotel was disgusting... there were cockroaches in the lobby, outside, and even in our room. My wife couldn't sleep all night because there were things flying around as well and it smelt like mildew...

It was really the most disgusting experience I have ever had... DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR... DON'T GO HERE!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank aliman14

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
Reviewed 24 February 2010

No the hotel pool does not have that view, its surrounded by buildings.

So, to start .....arrived at 00.30 to a 1 bed apartment with 2 singl mattresses ion the floor as they said that the room we ordered was unavailable (2 bed as booked) , so after they swore blind the accom we ordered was not free, the air con did not work, maintainence arrived 1 hour later.. a miracle, we were moved to a 2 bed apartment, on the same floor !

The breakfast you need to order the night before, not the choice just the time, ours arrived 1 hour late. After a loud word at reception it was 15 mins early everyday.

The pool is shut because its being re-tiled, i asked why they never said when i booked and the reception said it happened 3 days ago, the cleaner said it started 1 moth ago. After another hour of loud discussions they said they would let me use the hotel driver to go to Jumeirah Beach park every morning. he did not show 2 out of 5 times and never made our collection to the airport either, double booked so they say, but the car was in the car park !

The internet is slow and £3 per hour. The area is fine, quiet and a shop at the back of the building attached to the mosque.

The rooms vary, our fist was shabby the second was very clean and new. They have balconys. No hairdryers. Cleaners are fine. Breakfast is egg either boiled, omelette or scrambled. the delivery of the eggs in the morning is by a grumpy old git, not a smile once, so he got no tip ! hated the reception staff, complete fools, cleaners were pleasent and the waiter was a bore.

Everyday there was a problem with this accomadation. never again would I go back. I would not reccommend either. This is my 9th time in dubai in 5 years, this one failed to impress. Finally the cab drivers will not know this accom, its too hidden and unknown. Forgot to say the plumbing is under the floor in the kitchen and the bathroom so when you brush your teeth it sounds like a landslide under your feet.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels