“On Honeymoon here at the moment! It's fantastic.”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #42 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The Palace- the old town is a superb 5 star hotel. I have yet to experience to same high quality and standard of service anywhere in the world and we have travelled extensively over the years. The staff are superb, everyone is friendly, professional and pleasant in every part of the hotel, from the poolside, the concierge, the waiters, the spa staff and front of house staff including the assistant manager.

We arrived in the early hours of the morning, to find our room decorated in rose petals and a cake wishing us a happy honeymoon....a lovely touch!

The room is spotless and all ameneties around the hotel are well manicured and immaculate. It really is a pleasure to be staying here and we will definitely come back again. The only slight hiccup was that we needed non feather bedding due to allergies and they didn't have that ready for us, but we got it resolved quickly.

Nikhill, the assistant manager met us at dinner one night and we had a great conversation. First thing the following day, he gave us a list/itenerary of things we should do while we are here....he gave us great recommendations.

Even the spa facilities are superb, the masseur I had today ( Rodan) he was excellent, I would highly recommend him!

Overall, this is turning out to be a splendid honeymoon, we wouldn't want to be spending it anywhere else in the world! Thanks to all the staff here!

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the Khalifa Tower and fountain if possible
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear Limerickcouple2011,

Thank you or choosing the Palace to share your special occasion with us and thank you for posting your comments.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very happy to read that we could anticipate your arrival and make a wonderful impression of your occasion even at the odd hour of the night. We truly understand the importance of such an event and realize that our responsibiity is to only make it even more special.

My heartfelt congratulations and I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you before you depart.

Best wishes to you both,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

This hotel ticked ALL the boxes for me during our stay in September. We were celebrating our honeymoon and my birthday.

The lobby is gorgeous with fresh flowers every where. The whole hotel smells like fresh flowers, even the hallways when you walk out your door. We couldn't work out how they did it.

We tried 2 restaurants - both superb.

Check in was quick and obliging. Emirates had made an error and our luggage was not available - not a problem for this hotel. They sent up all the toiletries we would need as well as making an exception on dress code for dinner in a restaurant in the hotel.

The location could not be better with prime views of the Burj Khalifa and fountain show from many rooms/suites in the hotel as well as public areas. The Dubai mall is on the doorstep - there are lots of good restaurants there as well as shopping and fascinating people watching opportunities.

The English toiletries are gorgeous. In fact, I have just put in an order to purchase them at home so I can be reminded of our time in Dubai and our wonderful stay at this hotel.

Our suite was decorated beautifully to celebrate our honeymoon and my birthday. We received a cake and sparkling date juice (nice actually). The bedroom and bathroom were decorated with huge red rose petals. It was quite something.

Our suite was large with 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, 2 televisions, separate bedroom, separate kitchen and living area. It also had a dining table.

The bed was very comfortable. The whole experience was divine!

My congratuations to this hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: Let them know if you are celebrating something.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Dear Springstreet77,

Thank you for choosing the Palace to celebrate your occasion. I appreciate the review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very delighted to read your review and happy to share with my team. It truly is wonderful to know that we could celebrate your momentus occasion with you and you let with a lasting memory.

Congratulations again from the Palace family.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

If you're staying in Dubai, you must stay at the Palace. It has become our benchmark for all hotels and sadly, not many live up to it. Location, location, location, opposite Dubai Mall, view of the Burg Kalifa from our balcony as well as overlooking the famous light and music fountain show. The staff were amazing professional, friendly and helpful. We were pleasantly upgraded to a suite which was incredible. The bed was to die for, almost as good as our own at home. The bathroom was amazing - huge deep bath, massive shower and seperate toilet along with beautiful toiletries. When arriving at the hotel the entrance really made you think you were staying at a true palace, beautiful with pools, palm trees etc. After a very late arrival we ordered room service as the restaurants were closed. We had the best tasting burgers ever (huge). with the best presentation of burgers ever. We also decided on room service breakfast the next day after a much needed sleep in and it was delivered promptly,and the table laid for us with lovely hot food. My only complaint was it was far too hot to sit outside on the balcony for too long but then, it is the desert.

Why would you stay any where else in Dubai

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2011

Dear HeatherM43,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your visit to Dubai and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am excited to read your review and happy that you enjoyed your visit and time with us. I would agree the property is amazing and very well located. I will gladly share your comments to the Chef about our burgers.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back in our winter time so you can really enjoy the outside excitement of the area and the Palace.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2011

During this trip me and my wife ware celebrat our wedding anniversary. Thus the hotel surprise me and make us enjoy our time

2  Thank hani-KSA
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear hkhuseini,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your thoughts.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

Happy Anniversary again. Thank you for sharing this occasion with us. I am happy we could add a nice memory to your stay here in Dubai.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

We found the palace hotel in the old town Dubai to be an oasis in the heart of the city. I cannot praise the hotel and its staff highly enough. Everyone from the reception staff to the gardeners were polite, friendly and thoughtful. The rooms were spacious, very clean and well maintained. the food menus were extensive and well presented, What I also liked about the restaurants was that they also invited you to comment on what other foods you would like to be included in future menues. We were at the hotel to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The hotel helped to make it very special with the perfect little touches such as the anniversary cake and sparkling date wine(which was suprisingly ok) But best of all, the suprise they left for us when we returned to our room in the early evening. On entering, we found rose petals scattered on the bed and bathroom and towel swans in the shape of a heart placed on the bed. The position of this hotel could not be much better, as within a minute you were walking through the souk and into one of the worlds largest shopping malls. This might seem strange comming from a man but, WOW!! what an expreience the shopping was!! Another reason to stay at this hotel is the close proximity to the worlds largest building,the Burj kalifa with its fantastic dancing fountains (which are worth the trip on their own.) Both myself and my wife would reccommend this hotel to anyone who still likes a little romance in their lives.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the Burj Kalifa and the fountains (if you can afford it)
1  Thank 1soupdragon

Dear 1SoupDragon,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your wonderful comments.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I really appreciate the detailed review. I am very excited to share with my team. Happy anniversary again and thank you for choosing to share the milestone occasion with us. I am delighted we could our part to make it memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace and know that you are not alone as a male to be impressed by the shopping of the Dubai Mall, I am always wandering inside as well.

Wishing you the best,

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was surprised with the quality of this hotel for the price i paid. The room was huge, clean and spotless. Very beautifully designed room. The breakfast was a huge spread of Continental and Indian. Very good quality breakfast.

I would definitely recommend all my friends to stay there when they are visiting Dubai.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Dear ToddW,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your visit and for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am quite happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the value that we work very hard to ensure we provide our guests. I am fortunate I have a great team that truly enjoys providing excetional service.

I look forward to your return and will hope to get a 5 rating from you in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed 16 September 2011

A stay at The Palace is very special everytime. This was my third stay. We loved it. The large swimmingpool is one of the many assets. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and well insolated against noise from adjoining rooms and from the outside. The closeness makes it possible to reach Dubai Mall by foot even during the hot season. Staff is very attentive, smiling and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear AngelMelien,

Thank you for choosing the Palace Old Town and for sharing your comments.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very delighted to read your comments on our hotel, thank you. My team works hard to provide the best in service and product to our guests. They will be excited to read your review. I would agree as well that logistically, this is a very convenient hotel and the look and feel of the property ensures you can relax.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.