“Excellent choice!”

Ranked #38 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Manila
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Dubai was the last leg of our tour which included Amsterdam, Rome and Milan. We're really glad we chose to stay at The Palace The Old Town because service was uniformly and undeniably excellent, the accommodations were uniformly luxurious and so comfortable, the food was uniformly delicious, it was located a very short walk away from Dubai Mall and the hotel spa was fantastic! Check in was very quick, the reception staff were most helpful and welcoming, especially Yoyo and Dynalin. Our room was very large and the bed was so soft and comfortable. It was well cleaned and stayed well cleaned throughout our stay, including the bathroom which is sometimes not paid enough attention even in 5-star hotels. Breakfast was served everyday at Ewaan at the ground floor and the spread was far better than at The Address Dubai Mall. We also had dinner and drinks at the poolside of Ewaan, again the food and service were exceptional. We had dinner at Asado which was an Argentinian grill and the food was so delicious. We needed private transport to take us to the gold souk and back to the hotel, Joseph the concierge delivered on this and on other things that we needed. I had a massage at the spa and Chanya, my masseuse, had magic hands and it was one of the best massages I've ever had, and I have massages quite often. I wish I could have taken Chanya home with me. If I were to return to Dubai, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank DramaQueenFlip
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear DramaQueenflip,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your stop in Dubai and for the very detailed review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I love your review, for more then obvious reasons. Thank you for taking the time to make note of the staff members you encountered that made your stay memorable. YoYo, Dynalin, Joseph and Chanya are truly just some of the amazing STARS we have. I will definitely make sure thay are recognized for making your stay so special. The entire team will be very proud to read your comments. We are all glad to know you enjoyed your experience fully.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near furture and thank you again for sharing your experience.

Spencer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Had a great night at the palace the old town in dubai. if you are staying there you must try the steak house downstairs, its the best meat in town. The suite with the pool view is very impressive it has a huge balcony and its very private and quiet, quality of the linens is outstanding and toilet is amazing.

Room Tip: pool view suites are very romantic
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Arodrigues79,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your getaway.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I appreciate the comments and agree with your recommendation of Asado Restaurant, great food and the best Argentinean wine list in the UAE, not to mention the world class service.

We look forward to having you back at the Palace in the near future.

Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The Palace is a beautiful hotel in a near perfect location. We were upgraded from a standard room to a diplomatic suite, which was amazing - possibly bigger than a flat I used to live in! And the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff in the restaurant lovely and very helpful. Plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance and there are always numerous taxis outside if you want to go further afield. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return next time I'm in Dubai - we only stayed for 2 days and I'm left wanting to experience more!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Jolann_11,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your visit to Dubai and thank you for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very happy to read your thoughts and feelings on our hotel and will gladly share with my team. I would agree, two nights are not enough for thie resort and city, but You are always welcomed back.

Wishing you the best.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed there in 2010 but i still remember my stay since then due to its uniqueness,
In summary I would highlight some key points why you should stay there if you can afford the price (which could be the only drawback if you are looking for an average priced hotel):
1- Friendliness of the staff and the surrounding environment of the hotel is very nice
2- The Location is amazing, it is a 3-min walk from Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world) and also a 5-min from Dubai Mall (Biggest mall in the world)
3- The variety of the food in the restaurants is very diverse and you will surely find several cuisines that you'll like.
4- If you are looking for relaxation, then definitely this is the one to stay in

Room Tip: Try and get the room with the Fountain View as you'll get the chance to watch the fountain show...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
Dear Mr. El Geneidy,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sahing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am happy to read your thoughts and recommendations on the hotel and agree that from a location standpoint, there is no better in DUbai. Truly an Oasis in every term. Thank you for your comments on the service and food offerings, my team work very hard to ensure the best in service and product for our guests to ensure lasting memories for all.

We look forward to your return and wish you well.

Thank you again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We arrived in Dubai after an overnight flight after our wonderful but busy wedding day. Just the initial first view of the stunning hotel made us relax and it was so special. The staff, our room with very kind honeymoon extras, the food, the view! We had no idea about the fountains until we heard the noise, they were so magical I dont think I missed a show the whole three days we were there. But we did find the heat exhausting and were so glad for the air conditioned Souk Al Bahar 100 meters from the Hotel Entrance and then across the bridge to The Dubai shopping centre (largest in the world), where we grateful for the reasonably priced soft drinks at Waitrose! Really most of the other reports on here re The Palace are so accurate. The hotel restaurants are all good and actually reasonably priced the wine is expensive but very good. Not many of the restuarants in the souk or shopping mall are licensed. I can only say it is the best placed hotel for a few days break.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear MorganLL.

Firstly, Congratulations again!

Thank you for choosing the Palace to share your occasion.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am happy to read that we met and exceeded your expectation and could do a bit more to make your occasion even that much more special. My team will be happy to read your comments.

Wishing you both the best in life and love and we hope to welcome you back to The Palace in the near furture.

All the best.
Lugano
Reviewed 3 October 2011

As I part of my trip to Dubai I stayed three nights at The Palace Old Town Old. The location is excellent with a super view to te Burj Khalifa and a few minutes on foot to the Dubai Mall. Some rooms have also view to the Dubai Fountain: a must to see when in Dubai. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and very helpful. We had a room on the ground floor with an excellent view to the Dubai Fountain. Rooms are really spacious, the only negative thing is that even the hotel is recent the furniture in some parts looks already old. As usual in this five stars hotel there is everything you should expect: coffee/tea maker, excellent amenities in the bathroom, slippers, etc. In my opinion the best thing is that the hotel really looks Arabic and is in a excellent location: at the top of the Burj Khalifa, The Dubai Mall, Dubai Fountain: everything is a few steps away! The breakfast is excellent with a lot of choice for every guest desire. The only negative thing, noted also in other restaurants in Dubai, is that you just finished of eating and the waiter clean straight away the table! Also the commons spaces look very good in Arabic style, the lobby is wonderful with a superb fountain with petals of rose. I would recommend a stay the The Palace Old Town for both leisure or business. You should be aware that if you are looking for beach/swimming pool life you should chose another hotel: The Palace has a swimming pool but is small. Overall a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Dubai Fountain view!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Athens85,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your comments.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I appreciate the wonderful comments and the fact that you enjoyed the service, location and experience. I have noted your comment on the condition, please know that we are continuously re-finishing our rooms to ensure best in quality. Seems we have more to go. Know that your comments are shared with my team for immediate action.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Palace.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I have stayed in many great hotels in Dubai over the years, however, the Palace Old Town is just stunning. The location is great for business or pleasure - although it is not near the beach. The hotel has a morrocan palace feel and the beautiful lobby has been ideal for business meetings. The pool area transforms at night from a gorgeous sunning area into a romantic desert sand type of hide a way with little lanterns and lots and lots of cushions. The rooms are of a good size and very comfortable and good for working. The only downside ws that it took nearly an hour to check in. What were they doing? I will be back again in Jan!

Room Tip: Don't confuse this hotel with the Emirates Palace or the Palace at the One and Only Royal Mirage...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EBoultbee
Spencer W, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this review, 1 October 2011
Dear Eboultbee,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and of your experience. My apologies for the delay on arrival. I will definitely address with my team. I appreciate you informing me.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.