“stunning” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
new zealand
“stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Ive travelled to dubai almost yearly for the past ten years and have usually stayed at different hotels ere thon each occasion...no more. I cant wait to get back and return to this hotel!

i arrived early in the morning with Emirates and after been offerred breakfast in the main restaurant (which was brilliant by the way) I was given an upgraded room to a suite and was in the room by 7.30am. I cant guarrantee that this would happen to everyone or all the time but it was certainly appreciated after my very long flight.

By the time I left the hotel 24 hours later, most of the staff I saw on more than one occasion were greeting me by name, and I was made to feel very welcome and valued by them all.

The fountain show is similar to the Las Vegas show at the Bellagio but still spectacular nonetheless and certainly added to the attraction of the hotel.

Additionally to the experience was the "arabic" feel given to the architecture of the buildings. , too often in Dubai the hotels could be anywhere in the world, however this hotel could only be here in the UAE.

Loved the easy access to the Dubai mall, even if im not a shopper,

I really look forward to returning and recommend it highly...

Room Tip: the hotel has some great viewing platforms for the fountain view, I would rather put my dollars towa...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank roscoe39

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Atyrau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

An oasis of calm with the best staff imaginable. A proper 5 star hotel.

We were awkward customers, arriving at 7 am when our check in at the hotel wasn't until midday. However, by the time we'd had breakfast, our room was ready. We were travelling as a couple with an 11 year old child. We had booked via expedia but the hotel receptionist said that we'd booked a room with twin beds. I showed her my expedia booking which indicated a king size bed and a bed for an 11 year old and it didn't seem to be any problem. She said that they'd put a child's bed in the room but as we had a "large child" we may want a full sized bed and it would be an extra 150 per day.Our room had the king size bed but the child's bed still hadn't arrived by 9pm. My husband went to reception to request the bed again and spoke with a different receptionist who said that the bed would be 100 per night. He said that there had been no mention of that charge on the booking even though our booking clearly shows that the room was for 3 of us. When we checked out the hotel didn't charge us at all for the extra bed so we're totally confused by the pricing policy now.
In any case, we had a wonderful time at the hotel and would love to go back again.The pool area is lovely and the staff are always ready to assist with food or drinks. It's only a couple of minutes' walk from Dubai Mall, the pool faces onto the Dubai Fountain and there's a Starbucks about 30 seconds from the front of the hotel - which delighted my daughter. I can't imagine that there's a better hotel in Dubai.

Room Tip: You have a choice of a room facing onto the Dubai fountain or onto the manmade lake. The lake's...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Spencer W, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear Mimi1974,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your visit to Dubai and for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

My apologies for the confusion and poor response on the bed for your daughter. But I am happy to see it all worked out. Very Happy to read that overall you had a great time and the staff took care of you.

I hope to welcome you back to Dubai again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Dubai was the last leg of our tour which included Amsterdam, Rome and Milan. We're really glad we chose to stay at The Palace The Old Town because service was uniformly and undeniably excellent, the accommodations were uniformly luxurious and so comfortable, the food was uniformly delicious, it was located a very short walk away from Dubai Mall and the hotel spa was fantastic! Check in was very quick, the reception staff were most helpful and welcoming, especially Yoyo and Dynalin. Our room was very large and the bed was so soft and comfortable. It was well cleaned and stayed well cleaned throughout our stay, including the bathroom which is sometimes not paid enough attention even in 5-star hotels. Breakfast was served everyday at Ewaan at the ground floor and the spread was far better than at The Address Dubai Mall. We also had dinner and drinks at the poolside of Ewaan, again the food and service were exceptional. We had dinner at Asado which was an Argentinian grill and the food was so delicious. We needed private transport to take us to the gold souk and back to the hotel, Joseph the concierge delivered on this and on other things that we needed. I had a massage at the spa and Chanya, my masseuse, had magic hands and it was one of the best massages I've ever had, and I have massages quite often. I wish I could have taken Chanya home with me. If I were to return to Dubai, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank DramaQueenFlip
Spencer W, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear DramaQueenflip,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your stop in Dubai and for the very detailed review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I love your review, for more then obvious reasons. Thank you for taking the time to make note of the staff members you encountered that made your stay memorable. YoYo, Dynalin, Joseph and Chanya are truly just some of the amazing STARS we have. I will definitely make sure thay are recognized for making your stay so special. The entire team will be very proud to read your comments. We are all glad to know you enjoyed your experience fully.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near furture and thank you again for sharing your experience.
Best,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Had a great night at the palace the old town in dubai. if you are staying there you must try the steak house downstairs, its the best meat in town. The suite with the pool view is very impressive it has a huge balcony and its very private and quiet, quality of the linens is outstanding and toilet is amazing.

Room Tip: pool view suites are very romantic
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Spencer W, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Arodrigues79,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your getaway.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I appreciate the comments and agree with your recommendation of Asado Restaurant, great food and the best Argentinean wine list in the UAE, not to mention the world class service.

We look forward to having you back at the Palace in the near future.

Best,
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

The Palace is a beautiful hotel in a near perfect location. We were upgraded from a standard room to a diplomatic suite, which was amazing - possibly bigger than a flat I used to live in! And the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Breakfast was fantastic and the staff in the restaurant lovely and very helpful. Plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance and there are always numerous taxis outside if you want to go further afield. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return next time I'm in Dubai - we only stayed for 2 days and I'm left wanting to experience more!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Spencer W, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Jolann_11,

Thank you for choosing the Palace for your visit to Dubai and thank you for sharing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am very happy to read your thoughts and feelings on our hotel and will gladly share with my team. I would agree, two nights are not enough for thie resort and city, but You are always welcomed back.

Wishing you the best.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed there in 2010 but i still remember my stay since then due to its uniqueness,
In summary I would highlight some key points why you should stay there if you can afford the price (which could be the only drawback if you are looking for an average priced hotel):
1- Friendliness of the staff and the surrounding environment of the hotel is very nice
2- The Location is amazing, it is a 3-min walk from Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world) and also a 5-min from Dubai Mall (Biggest mall in the world)
3- The variety of the food in the restaurants is very diverse and you will surely find several cuisines that you'll like.
4- If you are looking for relaxation, then definitely this is the one to stay in

Room Tip: Try and get the room with the Fountain View as you'll get the chance to watch the fountain show...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Spencer W, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
Dear Mr. El Geneidy,

Thank you for choosing the Palace and for sahing your experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am happy to read your thoughts and recommendations on the hotel and agree that from a location standpoint, there is no better in DUbai. Truly an Oasis in every term. Thank you for your comments on the service and food offerings, my team work very hard to ensure the best in service and product for our guests to ensure lasting memories for all.

We look forward to your return and wish you well.

Thank you again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We arrived in Dubai after an overnight flight after our wonderful but busy wedding day. Just the initial first view of the stunning hotel made us relax and it was so special. The staff, our room with very kind honeymoon extras, the food, the view! We had no idea about the fountains until we heard the noise, they were so magical I dont think I missed a show the whole three days we were there. But we did find the heat exhausting and were so glad for the air conditioned Souk Al Bahar 100 meters from the Hotel Entrance and then across the bridge to The Dubai shopping centre (largest in the world), where we grateful for the reasonably priced soft drinks at Waitrose! Really most of the other reports on here re The Palace are so accurate. The hotel restaurants are all good and actually reasonably priced the wine is expensive but very good. Not many of the restuarants in the souk or shopping mall are licensed. I can only say it is the best placed hotel for a few days break.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Spencer W, General Manager at The Palace Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear MorganLL.

Firstly, Congratulations again!

Thank you for choosing the Palace to share your occasion.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager.

I am happy to read that we met and exceeded your expectation and could do a bit more to make your occasion even that much more special. My team will be happy to read your comments.

Wishing you both the best in life and love and we hope to welcome you back to The Palace in the near furture.

All the best.