Myself and my husband stayed at The Palace for a week in October. We knew we were in for something special as our taxi pulled up into the drive to the hotel! Absolutely stunning and it got better when we stepped into the hotel, such a beautiful lobby and the flowery smell when you enter is gorgeous. We booked a Diplomatic Suite and had requested views of the Burj but were told on arrival that the room we booked did not have views of the Burj but as it was our honeymoon they would move us to a room with views of it. After a little wait in reception while our room was made up, we were taken up by the lovely Dinesh to our room and we were in awe!! Absolutely stunning room (massive!) with unobstructed views of the Burj from the balconies and partial views of the dancing fountains as well! I could watch those fountains all day everyday, so amazing!
The Diplomatic Suite (room 555) had a large living room area with a little kitchen (sink, tea/coffee facilities and an empty fridge which was great as we would buy drinks from Spinneys in the Souk next door and keep them in the fridge) There was a small toilet just off the living area (I say small it was bigger than our bathroom at home!) The bedroom was very large as well with the biggest bed I'd ever seen! I can honestly say I had the best sleep ever that week! The bathroom is beautifully decorated with 2 sinks, walk in shower and large tub and another toilet.
We left the hotel to explore that evening and came back to the bedroom and bathroom adorned with rose petals and towel hearts and swans!! Also a complimentary bottle of sparkling date juice on ice and a delicious honeymoon cake...it just got better and better!
Breakfast at The Palace was probably one of the best hotel breakfast's we've had. We loved sitting outside in the cabanas and filled up on whatever we could fit on our plates from the endless array of breakfast dishes!
Do have drinks by the Pool in the evening, I had a drink made just for me by the staff one night as I wanted a non alcoholic cocktail and did they deliver!! Even went the next day and they were happy to make it again for me :)
We also had drinks at Fai which was great. One of the staff in Fai told us the fountains had started and let me and my husband go into Thiptara (Thai restaurant) so that we could have a brilliant view of the fountains!
The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to be 15 minutes from pretty much everywhere! The walk to the Dubai Mall was only 5/10mins and you could take a short cut through the Souk Al Bahar which was next to the hotel. There's also a smaller souk across the road in the Al Manzil district.
The staff at The Palace are one of a kind, they made sure our stay was perfect and it truly was. I wish I could remember everyone's names because you were all so great but a special thanks to Miki at the Concierge desk and Dinesh, William and Rosario for always going out of their way to say and hello and ask us about our stay and how we were.
We've agreed that when we do go back to Dubai, The Palace is the only place we will ever stay in.
Thank you all for making our trip so special. Mr & Mrs S
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palace, built on the edge of a lake, is a harmonious blend of the past and present of Dubai with 242 guest rooms and suites boasting a captivating Middle Eastern theme. The luxury hotel hosts an array of international restaurants featuring fine cuisine, a breathtaking luxury spa, recreational facilities, a large pool and a comprehensive business center. It is ideally located near the Dubai World Trade Center, several major business institutions, shopping malls and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, Holiday Gems, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Palace Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace The Old Town Hotel Dubai
- The Palace Old Town
- Palace The Old Town Dubai
- Sofitel Dubai