“Nice Hotel Amazing Location!”
Review of Palace Downtown

Palace Downtown
Ranked #39 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 28 June 2012

we arrived here on the 18th of May 2012 for one week . been to Dubai many times but this time it was just me and my Mum. Amazing place felt very safe (as all over dubai ) very nice location just steps from al bahar souq and about 5 minutes walt to Dubai mall. Many places to have dinner.
our room was just on the other site of meat and co on the 1st level and about 15m from the corner of the building that has the best views of the fountans. only one advise for travelers do not leave the door of the room (especially at nights) as there are many mosquitos in the area.

great place amazing people amazing breakfast . room servise is really really great and the chef also send you some very nice chocolates :)
afternoon tea is amazing really really great ...

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at The Palace – The Old Town.

We are truly happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. Your kind comments with regards to our Chef, high level of service; convenient location, and the scenery of the hotel are truly appreciated.

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2012

The scene (Burj Khalifah,the fountain,the "lake" etc) are very beautiful,and I can satisfied my hobby to make many pictures.
The services are OK and the steak at Asado Restaurant is one of the best steak we ever eat.
The place is strategic so we just walk a little while to go to Dubai Mall .We can also take 1-2 days City Tour with Hop On Hop Off Bus there (the Very Big Mall in the world may be) and of course very near to go to Burj Khalifah.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sandrawirawan
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience with us.

We are truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were extremely pleased with the food and service at the Asado Restaurant.

It is also nice to note that you liked the scenery of our hotel.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed here for my last night in Dubai and it was a lovely experience. From being driven down the beautiful hotel driveway; to the grandeur of the architecture of the hotel; to the wonderful efficient and personal check in service; everything is a touch of old world charm and class.

The hotel is conviently located in town, being 5 mins from the Dubai mall. The swimming pool is a bit small, but very luxurious with tented seating areas behind the sunbeds.
I had a room with a partial view of the fountain show, which was fun to watch. Lots of restaurants nearby with a wide range of choices. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a full view of the fountain show.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Londoner29
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from The Palace - The Old Town!

Thank you for taking your time out to give your fedback. We are happy to know that you liked our location and service. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Got in late to Dubai and we were immediately upgraded to a suite which was huge. Good location in Dubai and had a great meal at the Argetijian grill before adjourning to the massive king sized bed which was very inviting and so so comfortable. Location wise if you want to shop next door is the Dubai mall and Burj Kalif building for a good view.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 24 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed our food and service as well as the location.It is always nice to know that our guests had a pleasant stay with us and we will be honored to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hotel was ok, they tried to make it like a luxury hotel, but it kind of failed. They have a Souq in the hotel, but the shops arent good. One good thing is the view to the Burj Dubai and you can watch an amazing water show.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay with us. Please be advised that The Souq is not part of the hotel and the shops belong to the Souq as well. On behalf of the entire team here at The Palace-The Old Town, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

This hotel is beautiful, service is fantastic. Room very clean and tidy. Bed to dream for. We were upgraded to a suite and it was beautiful just out of Arabian NIghts.

This Hotel if something you dream about and would highly recommend it to anyone. Staff were very Helpful we so enjoyed it we are going back next year but this time we are going to stay at least a week 3 days was not long enough.

We ordered room service for dinner as we were so tired after having flowan from Barcelona. Food was fantastic and they serve a great Buffet Breakfast included in the price. Having flown with Emirates we got a great hotel deal.

Room Tip: We had a fantastic view from our room 539 of the fountain at night. also looked down upon the pool a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time out to share your experience with us. It was our pleasure to have you here at The Palace - The Old Town. We are glad that you had a good time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

This was probably my 6th or 7th Stay at the Palace since it has opened and it is still as wonderful as ever. From the minute you step into the beautifully decorated and scented lobby you are transported to another world...
I arrived at 1 am on 29th May for a 3 day stay.
Arrival and check in were seamless and quick... We were upgraded to a Junior Suite (Suite 350) upon arrival and that was a much appreciated and a pleasant surprise.
The room was gorgeous, probably my favourite room so far. I have stayed in several suites and rooms and this one was special. There was an alcove window with a sofa in it where my daughter spent hours playing and I spent the evenings reading or dreaming while admiring the Dubai Old Town view.
Everything was perfect as far as decor, cleanliness and preparation!
The service as always throughout the hotel was very very good. The staff is really some of the best trained staff I have encountered in Dubai. I would go as far as to say that they seem happy and if I had to work in a hotel in Dubai and had a choice I think I would chose The Palace! I thought of this as I walked around the hotel... There is an air of peace that just stays with you.
As I had my daughter with me I spent most evenings by the pool. The pool area is lovely and very relaxing... The decor is gorgeous and in the evenings it is a fantastic place to wind down. The pool staff is superb and very attentive, you only have to tell them things once and throughout your stay they will keep to your standards (e.g. Ice on the side, water at room temp e.t.c.) It is this type of attention to detail that just makes the difference between a good hotel and an exceptional hotel.
This is the perfect place to stay if you want a city break in an oasis of calm understated Luxury.
I love The Palace and it is definately my favourite Hotel in Dubai.
Thank you to all the staff who once again made my stay so wonderful!
R.W.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Palace Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear Roberta,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor following your numerous and recent stay with us here at The Palace - The Old Town. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay.

We all hope your journey back home was a safe one and we all look forward to being able to welcome you back to The Palace – The Old Town soon.

Sent with my personal best wishes.

Michael Soregnfrey